1.    #1  
    Ok, I don't' know if I'm being over sensitive about this, but here's my problem. My 4 day old 700p slipped of my desk at work and hit the wood floor. No physical damage, you can't tell at all that it was dropped, but now when it vibrates, it's crazy loud and sounds like something is loose in there. But not when you shake it. I've taken out the stylus and tried to figure out where the noise is coming from but can't.

I bought it from Palm. So, is it worth the trouble of sending it back? Am I being overly anal?

I did drop my 650 at one point and the USB stopped working so I ended up replacing that last year.

Thanks for any advice...

-Brett
    --
    Brett
    I300->I500-->650-->700p
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    If you have insurance, take it in to get looked at. If not, they will charge you a minor fee to look at it.
  3.    #3  
    Well, when Sprint looked at my 650, they knew I dropped it, they did nothing for me.
    I have insurance on this one. But do I even want to mention that I dropped it? I bought it from Palm so should I try to deal with them?

I like your idea of having it looked at, cause they will be able to tell if everything is working ok on the inside. But you know how that goes, do they really take a good look at everything, or know what they are doing for that matter.
    --
    Brett
    I300->I500-->650-->700p
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    you know my treo 700w became really loud when it vibrates, outta nowhere, and i havent dropped it at all..
    - Treo 700w
    this has nothing to do with insurance & I am not sure who is charging just to look at but the Treo has a one year warranty. Take it to the store & have them look at it.
    if you have insurance you have to go thru the carrier, dont mention anything, most sprint techs dont know how to fix Treos or even check them out . i had my 650 replace 8 times at the store because the tech did not know how to troubleshoot it so they just give me a refurbished one. its probably something lose in there, i just got my 700 replace bacause the earpiece speaker sounded like it had a busted speaker, now this new one the vibrate is much quieter than the other one, i dont like it but i will deal with it.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    You have insurance if your that concerned that they my not do anything for you. Tell them you lost itt pay the deductable and get anther one. Have the not so good one as a back up.
  8.    #8  
    So u actually like the louder vibrate. Well, trying to keep the old one won't work, they make you send the old one back. Thanks for the advice guys, this forum rocks. I think I might just deal with it until something happens. U know how it is with new toys, after the "newness" wears off, it really doesn't matter.
    --
    Brett
    I300->I500-->650-->700p
    Quote Originally Posted by cannonierd
    You have insurance if your that concerned that they my not do anything for you. Tell them you lost itt pay the deductable and get anther one. Have the not so good one as a back up.
    Uhhh that won't work. The one reported lost will be locked out from being activated in the future. It'll make a nice PDA and MP3 player though.
    again why are you waisting your insurance when you have a one year warranty??
  11.    #11  
    Agreed.
    --
    Brett
    I300->I500-->650-->700p
    So you would advise someone to not buy insurance because of the one year warranty?
    Global Posts
    755 Global Posts
    The warranty doesn't cover his negligence. Why should Palm give him a new phone when he dropped it? However, Sprint insurance would cover something like this.