Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Ok so I'm walking through target carrying my sons birthday cake. I have a holster for my phone and on occasion it doesn't lock into place. As I'm walking I feel it falling out. I have a choice..A: drop the one of a kind Birthday Cake 10 minutes before the party or....B: let my $600 phone hit the hard tile in Target. I chose option B... Now..my 650 has a nice little crack on the screen from corner to corner and the liquid crystal is leaking out of the edges of said crack.

Problem: I've already used my insurance 2x this year.

I think I would rather get a 700p if I'm going to buy a new phone. I need it cheap anyone know any sneaky ways of getting it cheap? I should say I am already locked into a Sprint Contract and need the benefit of Free Sprint to Sprint calls, so changing carriers is not an option.

-CM
    why don't you just replace the screen, for around 100$ on ebay?

I don't know the link, I'll try to find it in this forum, and I'll post back. It is surely cheaper than getting a brand new 700p... no?
    - Jeeman
    here you go, all the information is in this thread:

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=105792
    - Jeeman
    get a used on on ebay they are running between $150 to $200, or if your out of contract speak to rententions and get a $700 for $399 like alot fo people on here have been doing
    Quote Originally Posted by chiselmonkey99
    Ok so I'm walking through target carrying my sons birthday cake. I have a holster for my phone and on occasion it doesn't lock into place. As I'm walking I feel it falling out. I have a choice..A: drop the one of a kind Birthday Cake 10 minutes before the party or....B: let my $600 phone hit the hard tile in Target. I chose option B... Now..my 650 has a nice little crack on the screen from corner to corner and the liquid crystal is leaking out of the edges of said crack.

I think I would rather get a 700p if I'm going to buy a new phone. I need it cheap anyone know any sneaky ways of getting it cheap? I should say I am already locked into a Sprint Contract and need the benefit of Free Sprint to Sprint calls, so changing carriers is not an option.

-CM
    OK, I know I'm going to sound like a cynic here, but if you'll prove to me that your story is true (more on that in a minute), and if you want it, I'll give you my 650 that I'm replacing in a few days with a 700P.

I'm actually getting a 700P for free. My wife and I have been discussing what to do with the 650. It's a bit banged up on the outside, but works fine. I don't think I have all the old boxes and CD's, so I doubt I'd get much on eBay. She has a virtually new one, so need for her to take it. Our daughters don't care for a "phone that big", and the one son-in-law that could afford the data plan works for Sprint, so he doesn't need it.

Send me a picture of the broken phone, and a picture of your kids birthday party, and we'll work out the details (assuming you want the 650). Send the pics to hparsons@parsonsys.com. I'll probably make you pay for the shipping...

Heck of a "dad story" if true.
    um have you tried reading the countless of other threads out there??
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons
    OK, I know I'm going to sound like a cynic here, but if you'll prove to me that your story is true (more on that in a minute), and if you want it, I'll give you my 650 that I'm replacing in a few days with a 700P.

I'm actually getting a 700P for free. My wife and I have been discussing what to do with the 650. It's a bit banged up on the outside, but works fine. I don't think I have all the old boxes and CD's, so I doubt I'd get much on eBay. She has a virtually new one, so need for her to take it. Our daughters don't care for a "phone that big", and the one son-in-law that could afford the data plan works for Sprint, so he doesn't need it.

Send me a picture of the broken phone, and a picture of your kids birthday party, and we'll work out the details (assuming you want the 650). Send the pics to hparsons@parsonsys.com. I'll probably make you pay for the shipping...

I've never hoped someone was telling the truth so badly in my life, simply because your gesture has touched me. You, sir, are a scholar and a gentleman, whether the story is true or not.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.

Good man
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    I've never hoped someone was telling the truth so badly in my life, simply because your gesture has touched me. You, sir, are a scholar and a gentleman, whether the story is true or not.

AMEN!

You win my poster of the month AWARD!
    I call bullshyte on chiselmonkey.

walking through target holding a "one of a kind" birthday cake?

Last time I checked Target did not sell birthday cakes, and it's an odd place to be carrying one.

The whole thing sounds fishy.

100-1 that hparson ever see those photos...i bet chiselmonkey is googling for birthday party pixs and broken treo pix in order to sucker hparsons.

If you have used insurance twice alreay this year, there's an issue.

call me a cynic...but I call 'em like io see 'em
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec

Last time I checked Target did not sell birthday cakes
    And now you know why it was a "one of a kind" cake.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    I live in Minnesota, the land that gave birth to Target (sorry). Their newer stores (Super Target) does indeed sell cakes as well as other groceries. As for one of a kind... well, we'll just have to see. Incredible gesture on the part of hparsons. Good on ya mate.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiselmonkey99

-CM

See...that's what you get for having kids!

Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    You win my poster of the month AWARD!
    I'll give him a picture of a 700p. What'll that get me?

And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...
    Our supertargets sell groceries and cake too, so the OP's story does hold water.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    I would have dropped the cake.

If the kid didn't agree, I would immediately perform DNA testing...'cause any kid of mine would understand: technology > food.

Even if you didn't manage to save your phone, there's a chance it would've landed safely on the cake.
    Motorola Startac → Samsung SCH-8500 → SonyEricsson T608 → Treo 650 → Treo 700p
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec

Last time I checked Target did not sell birthday cakes, and it's an odd place to be carrying one.

The whole thing sounds fishy.

100-1 that hparson ever see those photos...i bet chiselmonkey is googling for birthday party pixs and broken treo pix in order to sucker hparsons.

If you have used insurance twice alreay this year, there's an issue.

call me a cynic...but I call 'em like io see 'em
    I believe he said he was walking through Target. He never said he bought it there. Maybe he just likes to prance through Target with his son's birthday cake! Hmmm? Ever think of that? Maybe he had forgotten to get his son a gift, so he went and bought him a comfy chair from Target's furniture section and because it was heavy ('cause chair's are heavy you know) he could only hold the cake with one hand. Therefore he couldn't grab his smartphone because the chair would have crushed his foot and cake is....well it's cake...who drops cake....crazy people...that's who! So did you ever think of that?! Hmmmmm?! Did ya?!

Didn't think so.

And now:

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Wait! Your son's birthday is 6/6? 6/6/06? Broken Treo?! Your son is the AntiChrist! Run away! Run awaaay!

And now:

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

I drop my treo 650 all of the time ...all that happens is the battery pops out an shoots across the floor along with the cover and the card pops out ....I put everything back together and shes good to go ...I just actually ordered the 700p ..i'll be a bit more careful
    A very nice gesture indeed. If the HParsons Project doesn't work out, you can also try to take it to a Sprint store for repair, instead of a replacement. My bro in law's casing was cracked and keyboard was busted, and they were able to swap them out with new parts in 30 minutes. You may have to ask around for a tech that knows how to do it, though.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast