1.    #1  
    I just started playing with PDAnet last night and I must admit that it is the bomb.

I notice that I get disconnected from the web if a call enters. Is there a way to avoid this by forcing the call to go to voicemail?
    Jorge Garifuna
    Professional Web Developer
    GariDigital.com -Your Web Solution Partner
    This is an interesting question because my phone calls go straight to VM when I'm using PDAnet. I do not see an option to change it.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    First poster is probably using a 700p; that happens to me also on my 700p.

It wasn't like that with the 650.
    You folks should find this interesting reading.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...cemail+network
    New Treo 700P Sprint User
    Old Treo 600 Sprint User
  5. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Whay use PDA net on a 700P? All I use is BT. A call comes in, I answer it, hang up, then I am reconnected with very little delay.
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    if you are using a treo 700p then:
    go to prefs
    got to network
    click menu/options/prefs
    check box that says'send calls to voicemail during active power vision data connection'

done!
    Sprint 700p
    GSM handles duplex channels. It is possible to have simultaneous voice and data connections on a GSM network, however the Treo has a class B GPRS capability, so it cannot exercise both connections at the same time. So when a call is recieved, the data connection is suspended until the call has ended. I don't know CDMA too well, but basically CDMA2000 1x standard can only either use voice or data and must be manually switched. Which is why CDMA users discover that people get forwarded to their voicemail while GSM users' connections are suspended and the call is received.

To answer the OP's question, no it's not possible. Even if there was third party software to forward calls to voicemail during certain times, your GPRS connection would still be interrupted.
    Last edited by FrozenCode; 08/11/2006 at 12:51 PM.

Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FrozenCode
    GSM handles duplex channels. It is possible to have simultaneous voice and data connections on a GSM network, however the Treo has a class B GPRS capability, so it cannot exercise both connections at the same time. So when a call is recieved, the data connection is suspended until the call has ended. I don't know CDMA too well, but basically CDMA2000 1x standard can only either use voice or data and must be manually switched. Which is why CDMA users discover that people get forwarded to their voicemail while GSM users' connections are suspended and the call is received.

To answer the OP's question, no it's not possible. Even if there was third party software to forward calls to voicemail during certain times, your GPRS connection would still be interrupted.
    Well, the answer to OP's question is different for different phones.

Treo 700p:
    (a) According to the thread posted by Demo, if you force the unit to EVDO only the voice calls will not arrive to your phone and thus there's no more interruptions.
    (b) Verizon: You can dial *7650 to disable CPOP which disables the incoming voice calls from interrupting an active data connection.
    (c) Sprint: if your phone drops back to 1xRTT mode, incoming calls will not interrupt your data. However, if it's in EV-DO mode, you may want to try (a) above; or try post #6 above by JayL.

Treo 650:
    (a) Verizon: Since Verizon just rolled out CPOP, your active data connection will be interrupted by an incoming call. Thus you'll need to follow the steps in the article (i.e. dial *7650) to disable CPOP if you don't want your incoming calls to interrupt your PDANet connection.
    (b) Sprint: Your data connection will NOT be interrupted when a call comes in.
    (c) GSM (Cingular/T-Mobile): Your data connection will be interrupted when a call comes in. I don't know the steps to disable this.

All the above suggestions are assuming that your PDANet connection is active and data is actively being transferred. Behavior may wary when you're not actively using the connection but the PDANet connection is still active.
    Last edited by webedc; 08/11/2006 at 06:19 PM.
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607