1.    #1  
    Hi guys, sorry if this has been posted I looked through the faq and the first 4-5 pages of the board but didnt see anything. My 700p should arrive today (a day early =) ) and I want to be able to transfer my contacts, memos, pics, call log, calander over to my 700 when it gets here. I know not to sync it with my current profile, so how do I go about sending these things over?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated, I am very excited about getting this thing up and going before I take it to sprint to change my plan over to it. Thanks.
    Do this:

1. Rename Backup folder under your user name to "Backupold"
    2. Go to Hot sync settings on your desktop toolbar and make sure all the PIM settings are set to "Desktop overwrites Handheld"
    3. Perform a sync with new 700 and select current user name when asked to.
    4. All the PIM from your user name/palm folders should sync over easily.
    5. Then go to "backupold" folder and install apps one by one by double clicking them.

That should do it. I would take it slow installing apps so you can test for stability first.

Have fun!
    Fred
    Cingular 680
  3.    #3  
    in the folder under my hotsync name I have program folders as well such as
    DocstoGo
    Mpaint
    Exchange
    TCP
    TomTommaps

as well as a few more besides the basic ones, should I rename those as well? I mean which folders need to stay the same for this to go smoothly? and thank you for the help.
    The palm site specifically says to install it over the existing version but I've read somewhere that people were getting better results by uninstalling the old software first. Any advice?
    Sprint 650 --> Sprint 700p
    Agendus Pro/Mail, BackupMan, Diddlebug, Dir Asst, GroupTextMessaging, HandyShopper, LightwavPro, LudusP, MobileClock, palmPDF, PDANet, pTunes, Splash ID/Shopper, TCPMP, volumeCare, ZLauncher
    Quote Originally Posted by Beastman
    Hi guys, sorry if this has been posted I looked through the faq and the first 4-5 pages of the board but didnt see anything.
    Use the search function, sepoct "title search" and put "650" "upgarde" and such in the search box...you'll get oodles of results. Here's 2

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...hlight=upgrade
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...hlight=upgrade

there's many more which are somwtimes hard to find as everyone seems to pick a new set of words to describe the process.