Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    If you want just the google page use this address,
    google.com/index.html
    and you won't get the xhtml version.
    When usining Opera Mini is it necessary to Exit the browser to regain control of the buttons (Phone, Calendar, Mail etc.)? Or is it just mine that aren't working while I'm in the browser?

Update:
    The buttons are working, Mail and Calendar do Page Up and down, not sure about the Phone and Home button's. Help on the Opera site is not Treo specific, I haven't seen this covered but I really haven't gotton that much into it yet. Nice update though and it is quite speedy. Formats certain sites very well.
    Last edited by copernicus; 06/25/2006 at 09:15 AM.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    this opera browser is just amazing wqth the correct settings.
    Can't cut and paste on OM 2? In spite of that, there is no doubt they did a great job on this upgrade.
    Last edited by copernicus; 06/27/2006 at 08:18 AM. Reason: Clarity
    This browser reminds me of webviewer that I used on my 600.

The 700 version of blazer is actually very good in comparison to the old and after optimizing blazer as per another thread and installing YAHM and font smoother it is really fast.

Opera still seems to be faster. I like the way it renders the pages (graphics and text at once sequentially down the page) vs. blazer (text first then graphics).

If you install font smoother and use an 8 point font - the interface is great because you can see a bunch of your history on the front page. Also, the integrated google search is great.

I do prefer the auto complete and drop down address list of blazer along with the display of the url - that's a big plus.

It is a close call which I prefer - but the speed of opera is likely going to have me using it. We'll see.
    Oh, by the way there's a file in this thread that will stop java from asking you if you want to access the internet every time.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...87&postcount=3
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    i dont see the other thread on optimizing blazer.

what is YAHM and where do i get it.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxGator
    This browser reminds me of webviewer that I used on my 600.

The 700 version of blazer is actually very good in comparison to the old and after optimizing blazer as per another thread and installing YAHM and font smoother it is really fast.

Opera still seems to be faster. I like the way it renders the pages (graphics and text at once sequentially down the page) vs. blazer (text first then graphics).

If you install font smoother and use an 8 point font - the interface is great because you can see a bunch of your history on the front page. Also, the integrated google search is great.

I do prefer the auto complete and drop down address list of blazer along with the display of the url - that's a big plus.

It is a close call which I prefer - but the speed of opera is likely going to have me using it. We'll see.
    Quote Originally Posted by evperry
    i dont see the other thread on optimizing blazer.

what is YAHM and where do i get it.
    I think this is what MaxGator is referring to:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=117686
    Default How To Get Opera Mini
    Read the whole thread - Opera Mini Internet 2.0 - shown in threads lower on the thread page

The Opera Browser is quite good - much better than Blazer - more clear and loads whole page. Definitely worth getting - you will want to use it instead of Blazer.
    How I got it:
    1. Download the java file :
    http://www.palm.com/us/support/jvm/
    2. Once downloaded and unzipped - open the JVM Folder
    3. Then open the ARM4T folder
    4. Select J9 JavaJMMidp20.prc
    5. Select JavaVMCheck_envs.prc
    6. Drag and drop to Quick install window or just open the above 2 files and they will go to quick install
    7. Hot Sync
    8.Download the j9secpol file -File Type: prc j9secpol.prc (find it in the opera mini internet 2.0 thread ) j9secpol.prc
    This is a file that will stop java from asking you if you want to access the internet every time.
    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=99216
    9. Open to quick install
    10. Hot Sync
    11. I would do a soft reset now
    12. Download Opera Mini -(download to puter then hot sync )(version for the 650 )
    http://www.opera.com/products/mobile/operamini
    ONCE YOU ARE USING OPERA MINI - YOU NEED TO USE STYLUS OR Q AND P KEYS TO EXIT PROGRAM FROM MENU OR MANAGE OPTION. IT WOULDN'T ALLOW USING APPLICATIONS OR PHONE BUTTON - AND YOU WILL THINK IT IS FROZEN AND DO A SOFT RESET - UNLESS YOU USE THE STYLUS
    13. Open Preferences
    14. Go to Java
    15. Set to 32 MB per page
    16. Check: Double Buffer
    17. Check: High Resolution Coordinates
    This is a vastly superior browser than Blazer and well worth getting!!!!!
    READ THE WHOLE opera mini internet 2.0 THREAD TO GET ALL INFO!!
    Last edited by irabren; 07/10/2006 at 01:56 PM.
    Anyone having problems using the "Alt" key when typing in Opera? I'm trying to type the underscore " _ " and the drop down menu doesn't show after typing in "-" then hitting the "Alt" key.... Any work arounds?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123