Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I hate to steal Franco Harris and Terry Bradshaw's thunder, but the reception between the Treo 700p and the Motorola H3 Razr headset is truly "The Immaculate Reception!"

I'm no rookie here, I've tried them all. First of all, in the last two years, I have owned the Treo 600 and 650, also, I have had the PPC-6700 and a few others as well. As all of you know, the Treo series is notorious for having miserable bluetooth software. I'm not sure that that has totally changed with the 700p, but I can tell you that the H3 performs so well with the unit that I am blown away.

For reference, I have tried the following headsets with my 700p:

Plantronics 640 - Pretty good performance, but battery life is a deal breaker

Jabra jx10 - So, so performance, but there's no way that the price tag can be justified, it is simply not even close to the H3 in terms of sound quality with the treo.

Motorola H700 - Thought it was pretty weak in terms of sound quality.

Motorola H605 - Had potential, but ambient noise is a killer...static problems.

Motorola H500 - Really high quality sound, but the volume level is simply too low.

Motorola H3 Razr - To my surprise (because nobody has really talked about it), PHENOMENAL! No static issues, great range, comfortable, not dorky looking, and most of all, the buttons function as they should. In my mind, this is undoubtedly the best headset for the Treo 700p. I realize that there may be other headsets that perform better with different units, but for the 700p, I can promise you that it doesn't get better than this.

Just a little something to help you out if you're looking for a viable bluetooth headset solution.
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo 700p Owner
    I hate to steal Franco Harris and Terry Bradshaw's thunder, but the reception between the Treo 700p and the Motorola H3 Razr headset is truly "The Immaculate Reception!"

I'm no rookie here, I've tried them all. First of all, in the last two years, I have owned the Treo 600 and 650, also, I have had the PPC-6700 and a few others as well. As all of you know, the Treo series is notorious for having miserable bluetooth software. I'm not sure that that has totally changed with the 700p, but I can tell you that the H3 performs so well with the unit that I am blown away.

For reference, I have tried the following headsets with my 700p:

Plantronics 640 - Pretty good performance, but battery life is a deal breaker

Jabra jx10 - So, so performance, but there's no way that the price tag can be justified, it is simply not even close to the H3 in terms of sound quality with the treo.

Motorola H700 - Thought it was pretty weak in terms of sound quality.

Motorola H605 - Had potential, but ambient noise is a killer...static problems.

Motorola H500 - Really high quality sound, but the volume level is simply too low.

Motorola H3 Razr - To my surprise (because nobody has really talked about it), PHENOMENAL! No static issues, great range, comfortable, not dorky looking, and most of all, the buttons function as they should. In my mind, this is undoubtedly the best headset for the Treo 700p. I realize that there may be other headsets that perform better with different units, but for the 700p, I can promise you that it doesn't get better than this.

Just a little something to help you out if you're looking for a viable bluetooth headset solution.

Thanks for taking the time to write this glowing review!
    reception vs conception
    Treoing & Loving it
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l
    reception vs conception
    conception - Catholic Church & Mary
    reception - Football & Motorola H3
    Yes I second that, thanx for the review! I was asking around if anyone has tried this one with the 700p & nobody did. I think I am going to get this. Although a lot of the headset problems seem to occur some time after the initial purchase. Can you confirm after awhile that the headset stays paired, works good always etc?
    The Treo 700p fixes the half-duplex problem with the Motorola headsets. That is the biggest step forward!

I personally will never use a BT headset that requires a recharger. Runtimes are too short and you have to always remember to recharge constantly, not to mention the inconvenience of packing an extra charger for trips.

I recommend the new Motorola H300. It's sleeker and is less noticeable on the ear (by the wearer and to the observer) than the earlier HS805. There is much less static than with most other headsets. And the battery lasts nearly a week, without ever turning the unit off.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    pilot you are wrong its the other way around (just kidding, in my mind immaculate ....tion is always conception)
    Treoing & Loving it
    The one glaring ommission on the review: the H5 only has 1.5 hours of talk time. That was the deal breaker for me.

And how big & glaring is that blue flashing light? Creating the "I am Borg" effect when wearing?
  9.    #9  
    The H5 is not out yet...I'm not sure what the stated talk time is on this H3 that I have (I think it's 5 hours), but I've used it quite a bit over the last three days and I'm still on my initial charge.

So far, this thing works like a charm. I know how these things can change, so I'll let you know if I experience any difficulty.
    damn this is encouraging! I have always thought motorola have the best design visually & efficient. I have always had thech problems though so I gave up. This is promising!
  11.    #11  
    ...volume really fine for most settings, but can be a bit low in a very loud envirornment. For instance, I was driving on the expressway (70mph), so lots of wind noise and hard rain and I wish the volume was a little louder. That being said, it was by no means unuseable, the call was very clear. Bottom line, this was an extremely noisy setting, so you could look at the positive which was the fact that I could carry on the conversation with absolutely no complaints from the person on the receiving end...as a matter of fact, the person on the other end of the call said he could not hear the rain or wind and said he would not have know I was in my car had I not told him. I'm blown away about how well this thing works with the 700p...as an owner of the 600, 650 and 700, I must say this is the first time I've felt like having a bluetooth headset with a treo was worth the money.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase
    The one glaring ommission on the review: the H5 only has 1.5 hours of talk time. That was the deal breaker for me.

And how big & glaring is that blue flashing light? Creating the "I am Borg" effect when wearing?
    I think I read that you can turn off the blue light so as not to devert any aircraft in the area!
    Is it still working ok? How long is actual talk time?
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    Is it still working ok? How long is actual talk time?
    I had the Motot H3 but with a Samsung A900. I have to say that the actual talk time was not that great. Awesome headset though! No static and great range.
    diane
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    I tried an H3 on my 700p and had to return it - the volume level on mine was too low and people reported very poor sound quality from it. I returned it for a Jabra (can't remember which model off the top of my head) and the volume is modestly better and the sound quality is much improved. Perhaps I had a lemon...
    Why do people think that the JX10 is expensive? It's about $90 shipped which is pretty inexpensive.
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    I am just amazed there No one headset that everyone agrees is great, there are so many mixed experiences
    with the motorola H3 razr headset - do people who hear you say - its sounds like you are in an echo chamber ???
    volume care; backupman; Pdanet; Filez; OperaMini; voice dial; IBMJava; AlwaysOn; Universal Keyboard; Font Smoother; YAHM; KMaps; Avvenu; DA Sprint 700P
    I have the Motorola H3 Razr headset and it is really good. 10 hours it says and it is still going since 6A this morning and it is now after 7P. This one is a very good headset and I thought the H500 was good. Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    Why do people think that the JX10 is expensive? It's about $90 shipped which is pretty inexpensive.
    Because some of us don't want to pay that much for a headset.
    diane
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast