Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi,
    I'm going to install a security app in my Treo 650, CDMA.
    Check those app and others in this forum but have a question:
    How do you do to check if it works fine? I mean do you really erase your data via SMS (internal and external memories) to check? and after made a backup restore?
    Thanks,
    Jorge
    2 options - test yourself or trust others!

definitely make a backup with something like backupman (not just hotsync)
    Butler has a test mode. If you turn this on, then it will e.g. tell you that it would have formatted your sd card, but won't actually do it!

various people have tested butler and they did find some issues (e.g. problems with sending the lock code from an email gateway). Check my forum
    http://mytreo.net/forum/index.php?board=17.0
    if you want to see more. As far as I know, there are no issues with butler's remote lock functionality in the latest version.
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
    I use Warden. I've never tried a full erase. I have tried locking down via SMS and it works fine. On Sprint, you're settings need to be set to receive both subject and body of SMS messages for it to work. You can set these options on your account on Sprint's website or by calling customer support. Don't know about other carriers.

Also, Warden/Corsoft's support is very responsive (usually within minutes) to user problems.

There are only two issues with Warden: no option to wipe the SMS card (supposedly will be included in next release) and turning on the phone takes about 30 seconds vs. the usual 5-10 seconds. (This is only if you turn the phone off/on by holding the red on/off button. Doesn't apply to turning on the Treo itself or to answering/making calls. I used to turn the phone off at night so I wouldn't get calls and got frustrated by the time for the phone to turn back on. Got another app to deal with night-time calls.)
    Brent
    T650 on Sprint's Wireless Wonder
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    I've tried Butler's wipe RAM, including using email gateway (need current version), and it worked perfectly. Obviously, it does require the phone to be on and able to receive...
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for yours comments.
    I installed Butler and yes, it has a test mode. After I tested with another phone and it seems it worked fine.
    So is there one you guys would recommend over another?
    Just call me Berd.
    I like MSafe and have fully tested the SMS lock, wipe and erase functions. Restore from BackUp Buddy is a snap!
    Gt5L agrees, Thanks
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by ttrundle
    I like MSafe and have fully tested the SMS lock, wipe and erase functions. Restore from BackUp Buddy is a snap!
    Which PALM device do you have? I loved this for my 600 but it isn't working on my 700P.
    Quote Originally Posted by theswami
    Which PALM device do you have? I loved this for my 600 but it isn't working on my 700P.
    Quote Originally Posted by ttrundle
    Thanks..that explains it. mSafe does not properly function with the 700P.
    Hey Confused-
    I see on this forum that Phone Tech is 9.95, but your site says 14.95, so I wanted to be sure in case I should be looking somewhere else. Thanks!
    Mike
    Hey Confused-
    I see on this forum that Phone Tech is 9.95, but your site says 14.95, so I wanted to be sure in case I should be looking somewhere else. Thanks!
    Mike
    Last edited by miketreo650; 06/08/2006 at 12:34 PM.
    mobiLock - http://www.mantragroup.com/products/palm/mobiLock/ is another remote security application. We have the remote snapshot available in the latest beta.
    Quote Originally Posted by causerie
    mobiLock - http://www.mantragroup.com/products/palm/mobiLock/ is another remote security application. We have the remote snapshot available in the latest beta.

does mobilock work with the treo 700P (Sprint??)
    Quote Originally Posted by miketreo650
    Hey Confused-
    Mike
    Hi Mike,

I put the price up I'm afraid!
    MTDN are selling at 13.95 at the moment...
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
    Do any of the remote-wiping utilities do any more to the SD card than erase the file directory? (That would leave the files easily recoverable with a PC utility.) I'm looking for something that wipes by multiple overwrites, at least for specified files or folders.
    Butler indicates that, after wiping RAM, a hotsync will NOT restore everything to device -- any ideas why not? And from earlier posts in this thread, am I to believe that restoring from a backup will work?
    jaharr, if you backup your backups from backupman, backupbuddy or others to you computer either daily or weekly, you can always restore everything from that point. My card reader has a one touch backup function that I use to make a copy of my entired sd card daily. only takes a minute, but worth the small effort involved.
    Eyedeas, thanks.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast