1.    #1  
    Going from the 700w to the 700p for software and apps is like taking a step back to 1985...it's a complete joke. The fact that I have to purchase 3rd party apps to do what Windows Mobile does right out of the box is ridiculous after spending $519.

However Palm has them beat on the most important feature...........the 700p is a much better phone than the 700p. The call handling is a lot better and that the most important feature there is.
    Here ya go:

http://www.subway-sg.com/COOKIE.gif

But in all seriousness, both devices have their merits. Buy one that works for you. Unless you can personally build a device that suits every single individual's needs, there's no point in moaning about XYZ.
    Quote Originally Posted by olympus1
    the 700p is a much better phone than the 700p.
    lol
    i didnt know the 700p needed alot of 3rd party apps to work before I got it too.I am still happy with it, but I am waiting for the firmware update to fix the lagging.
    After much stress with Verizon not wanting to help me, I went to Sprint to buy a 700P to replace my 700W. It is a great relief to have more than enough memory. Here's the bottom line - Windows Mobile would be great if the device had enough memory. Resetting 10 to 20 times a day, and constantly checking memory with the "ok" button to see if I could do what I wanted to (and often could not) got very old. I saved enough on Sprint's service plans (I have a pc card as well) to cover the new phone and two early termination fees in less than a year. When I sell the 700W, I will get more money back. As for third party programs, you need them with Windows Mobile, also. You just can't install them, even on the SD card, without the program memory filling up (and not clearing without a soft reset, even with a third party program that closes them without opening the task manager.) See the threads on the memory leak.
    Last edited by Levyesq; 06/06/2006 at 01:05 AM.
    Treo 750 and iPhone.
    I gotta agree with every published review I have read. The 700w is a bit too sluggish and one hand crippled for me to deal with. The bottom line....if you use exchange server, your life will probbaly be easier with a 700w. But if one handed use and "snappiness" is important to you, the 700p is the better opion.
    You have got to be kidding me! I tried the 700w for a month and hated it so much that I paid Verizon their termination fee to be rid of it.

Slow, buggy, extremely poor ease of use, bluetooth bugs (did I mention it was buggy), and poor resolution, poor quality screen.

The 700p blows it away in every aspect except maybe exchange integration. I just can't image why anyone would get a 700w now.

Quote Originally Posted by olympus1
    Going from the 700w to the 700p for software and apps is like taking a step back to 1985...it's a complete joke. The fact that I have to purchase 3rd party apps to do what Windows Mobile does right out of the box is ridiculous after spending $519.

However Palm has them beat on the most important feature...........the 700p is a much better phone than the 700p. The call handling is a lot better and that the most important feature there is.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    This thread should be titled:

I P on ur W
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)