Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Is there a Shadowmite patch that doesn't cause the phone to reset when going to Phone Prefs?
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    unfortunately the one from shadowmite is not made for the 700 so there are a couple of bugs; pressing menu A causes soft reset & the little green "EV" boxes flashes constantly with those blue arrows underneath. Has someone updated it for the 700 yet?? www.shadowmite.com for the patch...
    oh ok that's what i had thought... this is just the one off the 650 that every1 is installing right?
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    I had to remove the patch, there are some bugs using it.
    Jimmie Geddes
    I also installed Shadowmites patch which not only gives you the overlay, (I have the one that says Treo) but it also lets you see how long each call was in the call log when you push on the details button. This may be why he took out the call duration screen that pops up after a call.

The only thing I don't like about the patch is that you cannot get to Phone Preferences without crashing the Treo. Is anyone else experiencing this with the patch installed?
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sarantis
    I also installed Shadowmites patch which not only gives you the overlay, (I have the one that says Treo) but it also lets you see how long each call was in the call log when you push on the details button. This may be why he took out the call duration screen that pops up after a call.

The only thing I don't like about the patch is that you cannot get to Phone Preferences without crashing the Treo. Is anyone else experiencing this with the patch installed?

He didn't "take out the call duration," that patch hasn't changed since it came out for the 650. It was a Verizon overlay (they get call duration in the log by default,) extracted for use by Sprint users. It's just that folks are still finding it useful for the 700, that's all.

And yes, there are some incompatibilities and glitches with the new hardware.

So yes, everyone who's installed it getting that same crash.
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    w/ and w/o are probbaly more familiar to most
    Absolutely, those are more familiar, but i was interested to know something new. It's always good to learn a new way...
    But to make it easier for people here, there is no question that w/ and w/o are easer to understand.
    Sprint Treo 700p, Sony UX/TX, u720,
    Edirol R-09, Mitsu PK 20, Mimio
    Quote Originally Posted by amakh007
    That little pop up window "call duration" after I end a call annoys me. Any way to get rid of it?? Thx!
    Yep, I can't believe they added this as a feature. It is very annoying and take too long if you want to make another call. I wanted a call duration log but simply add it to the calllog to be viewed if and when you need it.

The way they implemented it, once the screen goes it disappears and you have no record which sucks...
    Palm Pilot-->Palm III-->Palm IIIc-->Palm 505-->Palm 515-->Sprint Treo 600--> soon: Sprint Treo 700P
    Definitely. c and s are commonly used by health care professionals, to the extent where it becomes first nature for some.

Properly, c and s should have a line over them -- like the long vowel sound indicator.
    UniPalmer
    -------------
    It's not the heat; it's the stupidity!
    Bump. Anyone find a way to disable "call duration" on the 700p other than Shadow's patch (that is no longer there)?
    woo-hoo!
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Boy, that sure was a subtle bump there, adjmcloon.
    Subtlety is my specialty
    BOUNTY: I will throw in the first $10 to anyone who can write me a little .prc file to get rid of the call duration dialog box that pops up at the end of a call. Anybody else?
    that patch does not work fully on thr treo 700. How about a version that works with treo 700?/
    Quote Originally Posted by adjmcloon
    BOUNTY: I will throw in the first $10 to anyone who can write me a little .prc file to get rid of the call duration dialog box that pops up at the end of a call. Anybody else?
    Yeah, I'm up for paying a fee to whoever can do that. This new "feature" on my 700p needs to go bye-bye.
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    that patch does not work fully on thr treo 700. How about a version that works with treo 700?/
    Other than killing the phone prefs (like for everyone else), it's worked for me. No more pop-up and call duration in the log.
    Sprint 650 --> Sprint 700p
    Agendus Pro/Mail, BackupMan, Diddlebug, Dir Asst, GroupTextMessaging, HandyShopper, LightwavPro, LudusP, MobileClock, palmPDF, PDANet, pTunes, Splash ID/Shopper, TCPMP, volumeCare, ZLauncher
    I hate it too!!!!!!!!!! BUMP!
    Thats too many characters for a doctor. They never teach those guys to write.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    So...how do I get rid of Shadowmite's patch? I have the voicemail icon on my dial screen and no messages waiting. Of course I cannot go to phone preferences and remove it without a crash. Sorry, I did a search!
    r
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast