1.    #1  
    Anyone tried all three?

I had great success with Mobile Stream's USB Modem software this past weekend. My wife and I went away for a couple of days to Newport, RI which had *excellent* Sprint Ev-DO coverage and I made use of this app and was super-impressed with the stability of the connection as well as the speed.

On a side-note...just as the 650's gorgeous 320x320 screen proved too much of an advantage for me to want to return the 650 (despite preferring some usability advantages of the 600 - namely the better D-Pad and Phone app w/configurable quick-launch apps), it looks like Ev-DO (and Ev-DO tethering) will prove to be a big enough feature upgrade for me to keep the 700p despite hating the awful button rearrangement and other annoyances/issues of the 700p.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Do you know if Sprint is charging you in any way (data or minutes) for using Mobile Stream's program?
    ScottR, check out the thread on LudusP. It's an app that allows you to remap the buttons to their functions on the 650, or nearly so.
  4.    #4  
    toadtooler, no I don't know for sure and I am a bit nervous about it. In a thread specific to Mobile Stream's app (in the Palm OS Communications forum) the Mobile Stream folks indicated that their app should look to Sprint just like in-phone internet usage and I'm hoping that's the case. I don't have a frequent need for tethering (this past weekend was probably one of two times this year that I'll have a need for it).

Dr., I've got LudusP installed and am very happy with it. But I still don't like the fact that I: a) Needed to install an app to fix something stupid that Palm did, and b) My button functionality doesn't completely match the labeling of those buttons.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.