1.    #1  
    Rec'd my new 700p Friday; outstanding compared to any other Palm I have owned (300,600,650)!

Tried to get DUN working on either USB cable or BT this weekend with no luck. I had added service for Power Vision which claims to provide unlimited data access. Finally called Sprint techies and was told you have to subscribe to "Phone As Modem" service which it happens is incompatible with Power Vision so you lose some nice EVDO stuff. PAM costs $39.95/month for a one year subscription.

Wish I had known; I could have bought a Sprint network card and had same price subscription a year ago!

Maybe the PDANet 700p edition will be out soon as an alternative? Any other solutions?
    You need to install Sprint Connection Manager. The app is on your installation cd in the additional programs category.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks - had already tried that without success. From reading some other web posts I downloaded USB Modem do laptop, installed on Treo 700p and just completed my first Internet logon; VERY fast! Browsers opened quickly (Firefox and IE) and emails downloaded very fast. Only question will be Sprint charges although my Power Vision claims unlimited data and web access so we will see.
    Do a search looking for THE "hack".
    Quote Originally Posted by jalampi
    Thanks - had already tried that without success. From reading some other web posts I downloaded USB Modem do laptop, installed on Treo 700p and just completed my first Internet logon; VERY fast! Browsers opened quickly (Firefox and IE) and emails downloaded very fast. Only question will be Sprint charges although my Power Vision claims unlimited data and web access so we will see.
    Link for modem to laptop?
    Laissez Faire
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin
    Link for modem to laptop?
    Find the answer here:

http://www4.sprint.com/pcsbusiness/s...ds/details.jsp

Regards,

Jim
    Only question will be Sprint charges although my Power Vision claims unlimited data and web access so we will see.
    Unless you've installed 'the hack' I think they WILL charge you... something like $0.02/KB, which adds up very fast. Thats $2.00 for an average size web page, such as each page on TreoCentral.com... so be careful what you browse.
    Hmmm When I follow the link.... I get a blank page...

Quote Originally Posted by DrCJ
    Treo 700p, 650p 600p, 300p, IIIc, III, Vx, USR Palm Pilot, Newton Message Pad 130, Newton Message Pad 120, (Was there a MP 100?), HP Calculator, Pencil and Paper, Chisel and Rock ....
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    I have installed this download and still can't get a connection. I get an error code with tells me to call my service provider.

Software Downloads

Sprint PCS Connection Manager for Phone as Modem/USB Cables
    File
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by frediev
    I have installed this download and still can't get a connection. I get an error code with tells me to call my service provider.

Software Downloads

Sprint PCS Connection Manager for Phone as Modem/USB Cables
    File
    Which download? Sprint Connection Manager or USB Modem? I never could get the Sprint Download Mgr to work
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    sprint pcs manager. I haven't been able to get it to work either although it looks impresive
  12.    #12  
    I was told you have to have the Phone As Modem service installed first; unfortunately this is mutually exclusive with Power Vision.
    I was told you have to have the Phone As Modem service installed first; unfortunately this is mutually exclusive with Power Vision.
    I went into Sprint yesterday to get the phone as a modem for $40/month. I was told I could add picture mail and the first tier of TV channels for $5 more a month each. But I'm content with unlimited data and phone as a modem for the $40.

As for the Sprint Connection Manager, I canot find anything to complain about. I was expecting to have to futz with a lot of settings. But all I had to do was connect my Treo to my laptop via USB and I had an EVDO connection!