1.    #1  
    Hi,

I just downloaded a trial of Chatter to run my IMAP mail for Push-ing ... I am checking to see if my IMAP server supports "idle" or not. (I am a recent blackberry convert.)

Anyhow: my goal, of course, is to limit data usage (save battery, free up phone) as much as possible but still get pages/emails when they are sent to me.

Any tips on how to do this if my IMAP supports IDLE and if it doesn't ? Is there a way I can see what is causing my red light to go on solid (Verizon, 700p), which I have taken to mean that data usage has begun (calls are forwarded to voicemail).

Damon
    Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    in chatter check efficient sync to reduce the amount times data is flowing and preventing calls. Just hit the i button in the upper right corner of the chatter pref screen to read what it does.

Not sure about the red light on Vrzn I have Sprint.
    Mike G

Touch (Sprint)
  3.    #3  
    thanks - I have selected that feature.

hafta see if I notice a difference ...

thanks!
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thornomad
    Hi,

I just downloaded a trial of Chatter to run my IMAP mail for Push-ing ... I am checking to see if my IMAP server supports "idle" or not. (I am a recent blackberry convert.)

Anyhow: my goal, of course, is to limit data usage (save battery, free up phone) as much as possible but still get pages/emails when they are sent to me.

Any tips on how to do this if my IMAP supports IDLE and if it doesn't ? Is there a way I can see what is causing my red light to go on solid (Verizon, 700p), which I have taken to mean that data usage has begun (calls are forwarded to voicemail).

Damon
    I agree with MG48 about Efficient Sync option should help with call going to voice mail. I also have Sprint 650 and looking at the 700P. I have been reading various post here to decide if I want to upgrade. There are lots of threads stating the 700P consumes more battery than the 650. Also the 700P has changed something in the blinking light.

You stated you and solid red light on the 650 would indicate you are attempting to logon and calls will be sent to voice mail at that time. You might want to get into chatter to see if your logons are successful, if not could be a bad password or the mail server does not support push.

You could get into logon loop and render your phone useless until Chatter stops trying to logon. I have also seen this problem when I do not have good signal where I go into logon loop.

Note my experiences are based on my Sprint 650 and the 700P is a new animal.