1.    #1  
    I am trying to figure out which files I need to copy over from my 650... (I have been syncing with Outlook and want to switch back to Palm Desktop on my 700p (On a different computer.. I am using BackupBuddy to selectively save and restore from on Treo to the other)

Thanks,
    Brian
    I transfer everything from my 650 just beam or user Bluetooth. I copied Contacts, Call logs, Favorites, memos and text messages. Just use a launcher and transfer the files.
    I have a lot to say but I dont want to get banned...AGAIN!!
  3.    #3  
    Well, I am running into a wierd issues where the Hotsync hangs on syncing contacts.. (I transferred via BackupBuddy.
    On the desktop, these files are:

address.dat
    memopad.dat
    todo.dat
    datebook.dat

On the Treo, they have *.db
  5.    #5  
    At this point I don't have a good desktop copy of my database files... Is there any way to run a consistency check on the *.db files? Also what is ContactsDB-Padd.db?

(It keeps hanging on hotsync, and I've got over 900 records)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandorr
    Also what is ContactsDB-Padd.db?
    That's your 'real' db. All of the 'new' Palm PIM db's have the -Pxxx.db suffix:

ContactsDB-Padd
    CalendarDB-PDat
    TasksDB-PTod
    MemosDB-PMem

The legacy db's did not have any extensions.

AddressDB
    DatebookDB
    ToDoDB
    MemoDB
    PIII,PIIIx,V,Vx,M505,M515,TT,T3,650,700p=>>iPhone
    There's more to life than technology....but not a whole lot more
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandorr
    At this point I don't have a good desktop copy of my database files... Is there any way to run a consistency check on the *.db files? Also what is ContactsDB-Padd.db?

(It keeps hanging on hotsync, and I've got over 900 records)
    Brandorr,

You can use a free program called dBScan that is available FREE from Pimlico Software the makers of DateBook5. You do not have to have these applications to use it. The addresss for the download site is:

http://www.pimlicosoftware.com/dbscan.zip

I have used this program a number of times to verify and it works well. Try it to see if your database of contacts is the issue.

Regards,

Jim
    So do we still need the old DB's? Can they we deleted?
    Treo 700p, 650p 600p, 300p, IIIc, III, Vx, USR Palm Pilot, Newton Message Pad 130, Newton Message Pad 120, (Was there a MP 100?), HP Calculator, Pencil and Paper, Chisel and Rock ....
    I would bet if you copy over just the new DBs it will create the old ones for you

ContactsDB-Padd
    CalendarDB-PDat
    TasksDB-PTod
    MemosDB-PMem

Just like on the 650 if you delete the old databases they get recreated.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    I would bet if you copy over just the new DBs it will create the old ones for you

ContactsDB-Padd
    CalendarDB-PDat
    TasksDB-PTod
    MemosDB-PMem

Just like on the 650 if you delete the old databases they get recreated.
    That is correct. They reappear after resets just like the MM files (provided you don't have a custom rom that removes multi-mail).

They are small enough, however, that they are not worth worrying about. I believe DateBook5/6/? has an option/feature to delete them as 'desired'.
    PIII,PIIIx,V,Vx,M505,M515,TT,T3,650,700p=>>iPhone
    There's more to life than technology....but not a whole lot more