Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Is anyone using the 4500M with Audible? When I take a speaker phone call, the audio actually sounds good. But when I try using Audible or the Telenav GPS software, there is a lot of distortion at volumes that are high enough to hear above air conditioning.

Has anyone else experienced this and found a way to optimize the sound?

Thanks-
    Jason
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonsf
    Is anyone using the 4500M with Audible? When I take a speaker phone call, the audio actually sounds good. But when I try using Audible or the Telenav GPS software, there is a lot of distortion at volumes that are high enough to hear above air conditioning.

Has anyone else experienced this and found a way to optimize the sound?

Thanks-
    Jason
    Hi Jason,

We have several troubleshooting ideas that may be able to help you - especially since you are able to hear clear phone converstions. What format are you downloading audible in - 3 or greater (am a member but don't remember the Treo specs offhand)? A higher quality may help. Please either email me a phone number where I can have tech support reach you, or call them directlty at: 832-204-1114. If I can help you with anything else Seidio, please let me know.

David
    davidsilver@seidio.com
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Thanks, David. I'll call tech support next time I'm in the car and can test with them. I use format 3 from Audible. The built-in Treo speaker and the headphones work fine with this quality. I've tried to adjust the audible volume in conjunction with the volume dial on the 4500 and haven't found a good combination.

Thanks for the reply. In general, I'm very happy with the mount. I have it installed via a ProClip mount in my car and used the gooseneck mount on my last rental car.

I'll call tech support later today and check back with you.

Jason
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonsf
    Thanks, David. I'll call tech support next time I'm in the car and can test with them. I use format 3 from Audible. The built-in Treo speaker and the headphones work fine with this quality. I've tried to adjust the audible volume in conjunction with the volume dial on the 4500 and haven't found a good combination.

Thanks for the reply. In general, I'm very happy with the mount. I have it installed via a ProClip mount in my car and used the gooseneck mount on my last rental car.

I'll call tech support later today and check back with you.

Jason
    Good deal Jason - please let me know if you find a resolution.

David
    davidsilver@seidio.com
    I just received my 4500M today, and am also having major static issues. I have to turn the volume down to barely audible on the cradle, and then crank it on the treo and can barely hear the phone conversation over the air conditioner. any louder on the cradle and i get horrible static.