Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Ohh lord! this is getting out of hand.
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    It sure is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    What I've gathered from this thread...

If you like the 700p, you're a fanboy. If you bring up it's flaws, you're a troll.

yay...

I think that some people just have to defend their expendatures. It's sad when they can't accept the phones faults. I suspect that they're just incredibly uptight from not getting any for a LONG time. Sad.

There are some things that I like about the 700p and some things that I don't. I would imagine that 4-5 months from now after a major firmware update or two that it will be a great device.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    I think that some people just have to defend their expendatures. It's sad when they can't accept the phones faults. I suspect that they're just incredibly uptight from not getting any for a LONG time. Sad.

There are some things that I like about the 700p and some things that I don't. I would imagine that 4-5 months from now after a major firmware update or two that it will be a great device.
    I agree with you. I can't get excited about this. Perhaps if I were coming from the 600, I could justify the cost. But coming from the 650, it's much ado about nothing.

Before I'm called troll, I'm not knocking the 700, just saying it's not worth the cost to upgrade. When the price falls, or if I get a great deal, I'll probably get it.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  5.    #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by klurfdawg23
    im assuming rtft means read the f'ing thread which i did unlike you obviously, and id take my own advice youve done nothing but post useless information complaining in a thread called "700P ROCKS! DONT LISTEN TO NAYSAYERS" . Go create an "i hate my slow treo" thread to b*tch in, seriously. You keep telling yourself you have contributed something worthwhile to a thread about people liking their 700s and save the smart *ss remarks for people who care what you have to say because I sure dont. Your benchmark numbers mean nothing every treo "system" is different and ever install is different so that is no way to judge anything meaningful in performance outside your own unit.
    And since you think youre so smart and wise about threads, you show me where in the ORIGIONAL posters/thread maker mentioned slow speed you continue to complain in this thread about which is not even close to what the thread was started about
    Well said. I'm so sick of reading posts by all the people who seem to enjoy finding fault in everything.

Early adopters always suffer through initial releases of every piece of hardware. I can name a dozen examples:

1. The first TiVo had features missing that people sorely wanted. Today's TiVo has those features and much more.

2. Windows (need I say more? The first version of Windows was truly awful, and didn't really get to a good state until Windows 98, which was YEARS later).

3. Apple OS X (Version 10.0 was pokey, had a lot of bugs; it took a version or two to get it to a really great state).

4. In the professional musical instrument field, the Yamaha DX7, which was a revolutionary keyboard, was one of the first keyboards to use MIDI. It didn't even use the full MIDI range--an inexcusable bug by today's standards.

I could go on and on; a thousand applications have been released, and version 1 is almost always a far place from the mature product. even Photoshop was not much compared to today's Photoshop.

Digital recording software has come MILES in its life; ProTools, the industry standard, was difficult to use, had an awful UI, wasn't cross-platform, and on and on. Today it's a great program and every studio in Nashville and L.A. uses it.

So why should the Treo 700p be any different? Early adopters (and I've been one for a lot of products) always suffer through initial releases.

I wish the whiners would go find a corner and enjoy their complaints together in one big miserable wad. I'm sick of hearing from them; their complaints are not helping. I'm sure that Palm, Inc. is well aware of any performance issues without hearing from the multitude of griping bad-spelling, grammar-free posts on here.

There, I managed to address one of my own complaints: what happened to
    Americans' use of the English language?
    Quote Originally Posted by longterm
    There, I managed to address one of my own complaints: what happened to
    Americans' use of the English language?
    Yikes. Let's all learn from your grammar. LOL

At least you agree that the 700p has problems and isn't as fast as the 650. I'm sure that it will get fixed in the next few months. Just be patient.
    Well I can make my trouble free Sprint/T650 go over 2000 on the bench mark while it's jacked up PXA Clocker steroids...

Just like 2000 man did....

Hey 2000 man...What have you got your T650 jacked up at? 507 or more?

Do you have buyers remorse?
    Do you own a T700p?

Chuck
  8.    #68  
    Yikes. Let's all learn from your grammar.
    If only that could happen!

I happen to have excellent grammar, and the sentence you quoted was correct. It's sad to me that so many Americans today use terrible grammar and bad spelling. But that just happens to be a personal gripe of mine... I wasn't singling anyone out in particular...

So far, my 700p has been excellent; I have yet to see any of the problems described by other users. I'm not saying that they don't exist, but what I AM saying is that it's a study in futility for people to constantly complain about a product in its initial release. If buyers want to be assured that a product is mature, they should wait a few iterations before buying.
    Keep telling yourself that. Go ahead an post your benchmarks, if you even have a 700p. LOL
    I don't have a 700P, never claimed to have one and because of that I have not stated my opinion on it--at this point I'm agnostic on the device, merely reading this board b/c of the knowledgable users here.

Now...lets get back on topic already.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by longterm
    I happen to have excellent grammar, and the sentence you quoted was correct.
    No, it wasn't.

I'm sure that the 700p works just fine for you since you don't seem to need any performance out of it. If you're content to just do very simple things and not load any software onto it, it should serve you well. I guess that I'm more of a "power user" than yourself.

Maybe we can get some more benchmarking figures from others who actually own a 700p (sorry malatesta) and a 650. Every single benchmarking app that I've tried has shown about a 50% speed advantage for the 650.
    Those Speedy numbers for your 700p are slow! My 650 scored 2055 loaded with software including apps like Uninstall Manager, Butler, Keyshades, KeyCaps600, etc.

My 700, fresh after a hard reset with no programs loaded or running only got a 1531.

Numbers don't lie.
    I would like to know what you are doing to your 650 to get that kind of benchmark???

Because I have not been able to get above 1365 on 3 different 650's. All Sprint one with hard reset the other 2 being mine and a friends. Afterall, the 650 and the 700 processors are the same speed with the 700's being a newer generation. So I really don't know how yours is coming in that fast without being overclocked without mentioning that you are using OC'ing program. Which is a pretty important detail to leave out.
    What numbers are you getting on your 700p with the same software installed? It's not the absolute numbers that are important, it's the relative difference between the two when you're running the same software.

Of course, my 700p tests were done on a factory-fresh 700p with no software and no hotsyncs just to rule out any third-party software conflicts.
    I will be getting my 700p tomorrow and will run the tests on it then....

I would still like to know how you are getting such high speeds on your 650. You stated your benchmark was over 2000.
    I agree with the original poster. This phone is sweet!
    This phone definitely rocks!

For those of you having speed issues that are running zlauncher, when I disabled Enhanced recognition under preferences/quicklauncher/setup I noticed a pretty drastic improvement in speed switching between apps. I'm running 5.42beta
    Quote Originally Posted by adjmcloon
    This phone definitely rocks!

For those of you having speed issues that are running zlauncher, when I disabled Enhanced recognition under preferences/quicklauncher/setup I noticed a pretty drastic improvement in speed switching between apps. I'm running 5.42beta
    Good zlauncher tip, though that's not what's causing my speed issues.

bcoutlander, I'm not running overclocked. My speedy results have been between 2055 and 2100.

Running PalmInternals shows these programs frequently: keycaps600, keyshades hack, butler, volume care, uninstall manager, backupman and zlauncher.

Edit: Those programs are what's running on my 650. My 700p was benchmarked without any software added and without any hotsyncs performed. I beamed the benchmarking programs to the 700p from my 650.
  17.    #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by swivel1000
    I agree with the original poster. This phone is sweet!
    I love mine as well, and am glad to hear from fellow Treo 700p lovers. I don't see what the big fuss has been about.
    RTFT. Benchmark numbers mean a lot when they're done on a fresh-from-the-factory 700p. Learn something, troll.

At least broose has finally left her little world of denial long enough to admit that the 650 is faster than the 700p. I guess numbers don't lie. Hmm.
    Youre a moron, i dont care who broose is no offense to him/her but your opinions mean nothing to me you cant even post in the right thread. Youre the one who obviously cant read the title of the thread and NO ONE wants to hear you b*tch about benchmarks which mean jack sh*t because a. total memory between 650 and 700 are DIFFERENT, and EVEN on hard reset there are STILL MORE programs being installed on the 700 with sprint tv, on demand, etc. so you cannot compare so stop telling people your ignorant propaganda and go return your treo then. Your whatever of a point belongs in this thread http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=116274 called "T700p, The slowest of ALL. DO NOT GET IT " obviously you dont read or hooked on phonics didnt work for you so how bout you stop insulting people(doesnt feel to good huh?)since you are the one causing the problems and post your crap in the right thread, not one about people liking theyre 700s. And I dunno who the heck you think you are but unless you have a phd in english how bout you NOT insult people's grammar because Im sure you are not one to be judging people. If you cant keep your information if u wanna call it that in the right thread ill just have a mod close this thread since you are the only one who cant stick to the thread's title/topic
    Last edited by klurfdawg23; 06/06/2006 at 06:54 PM.
    Wow! So this is just supposed to be nothing more than a big 700p circle jerk?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    pretty much and this jack a** thinking he knows everything and insulting people , besides that nothin important
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast