Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 93
  1. #41  
    no OS is stable, not desktop windows, not XP, not windows mobile, not PPC, and not Palm nothing is ever perfect. Is the 700 a good phone, sure. Is it everything i want, no and nothing prob will ever be. Its a cell phone not a laptop theres only so much they can pack in and keep cost somewhat decent. Like I said before if you dont think its a good upgrade from the 650 then return it dont complain though. Does your opinion matter? sure it does. But b*tching and moaning about i payed this much cry cry doesnt help anything or anyone past your opinion. It is June 6th, the phone started selling the 28th, EVERY SINGLE 700P OWNER is currently under FULL right to go return it under the 14 day return policy, be my guest. You will NOT find a pda phone that does not lag that is advanced as the ones today due to compacting and balancing power into small size. Palm OS is not revolutionary and never will be, infact rumor is Palm is switching to Linux based anyways. Point being nothing is perfect no operating system and no cell phone
  2. #42  
    FYI, I wanted to say that I just did a hard reset and I'm restoring things one at a time. Right now it is MUCH faster than before which is really strange. I didn't restore from the 650, I did a clean one by one install before so I have no idea what is causing the slowdown. Next up is the Versamail install which is a big one. I'll see what happens and if I can pin down what is causing this. But I do have all my contacts, favorites, bookmarks, and dates restored and it is running the same speed as my 650, none of the huge lags I was seeing before.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  3. #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis
    FYI, I wanted to say that I just did a hard reset and I'm restoring things one at a time. Right now it is MUCH faster than before which is really strange. I didn't restore from the 650, I did a clean one by one install before so I have no idea what is causing the slowdown. Next up is the Versamail install which is a big one. I'll see what happens and if I can pin down what is causing this. But I do have all my contacts, favorites, bookmarks, and dates restored and it is running the same speed as my 650, none of the huge lags I was seeing before.
    cool. finally someone that understands its about testing different app combinations and isntalls, not posting a benchmark number which means nothing.

    To backup my theory in my last post that no OS or phone is perfect heres a win mobile users opinion in the 700p v 700w thread in here:
    Quote Originally Posted by Levyesq
    After much stress with Verizon not wanting to help me, I went to Sprint to buy a 700P to replace my 700W. It is a great relief to have more than enough memory. Here's the bottom line - Windows Mobile would be great if the device had enough memory. Resetting 10 to 20 times a day, and constantly checking memory with the "ok" button to see if I could do what I wanted to (and often could not) got very old. I saved enough on Sprint's service plans (I have a pc card as well) to cover the new phone and two early termination fees in less than a year. When I sell the 700W, I will get more money back. As for third party programs, you need them with Windows Mobile, also. You just can't install them, even on the SD card, without the program memory filling up (and not clearing without a soft reset, even with a third party program that closes them without opening the task manager.) See the threads on the memory leak.
    I think we all need to stop complaining because it COULD be worse. Im happy with a 2-3 sec. lag over lack of memory to even run the programs. Ive had MANY pda phone (600,650,700p, i930, 6700) and they all do not work like a computer because they ARE NOT so i dont expect that kind of speed or performance. The phone has been out, what, 9-10 days? give them a chance to evaluate user reviews and stuff nothing is instant and nothing comes bug-free If you want HIGH performance buy a laptop or get a seperate PPC for PDA functions and phone for calls. Im just getting sick of people whining like children about dumb things especially, well why isnt app switching instant, and why is there a 1 second lag, gimme a break its a few inches by few inches device that is revolutionary for our time in the scheme of things on what it can do. Stop complaining already about dumb stuff like omg i have to wait 2 SECONDS!!! If you think you spent too mcuh, like i said before, RETURN IT were ALL under the return policy still
    Last edited by klurfdawg23; 06/06/2006 at 01:16 AM.
  4. #44  
    Well put! We are such an impatient lot. Just remember to beat us all to death with Benchmark numbers. I am sorry but as long as it works well, who gives a f@@@ about whether something is a little slower. Enjoy your angry life, 700 bashers! I, for one, am very happy.
  5. slthree's Avatar
    Posts
    190 Posts
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    #45  
    -It's much faster for browsing and getting email

    -It does not reset on me (loved my 650 but the resets were driving me crazy)

    -The bluetooth works flawlessly with my Palm headset

    Those alone are enough for me to love my 700p and do make the purchase worthwhile. It can be debated as to whether the p should have been 'more' of an upgrade but I feel it was 'enough' upgrade, for now.
  6. rockky's Avatar
    Posts
    142 Posts
    Global Posts
    214 Global Posts
    #46  
    I am SO OVER this issue!
  7. #47  
    Man, I can't wait to get my 700p so I too can add my worthless .02 cents of replies!

    I should get my 700p tomorrow. I should have received it today, but Sprint messed up my shipment.

    If everything works fine for the most part, and internet speed is signficantly faster, and with more memory, this alone is worth the upgrade for me. Of course, if soft resets becomes history or is much reduced, this would make it all worthwhile too.

    Casey
  8. #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by klurfdawg23
    no OS is stable, not desktop windows, not XP, not windows mobile, not PPC, and not Palm nothing is ever perfect.
    The most stable OS I've come across is Blackberry, but judging by the lack of flexibility, it's difficult to really call it an OS (unless you consider an HP 12C as having an "OS").
  9. #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by klurfdawg23
    cool. finally someone that understands its about testing different app combinations and isntalls, not posting a benchmark number which means nothing.
    Keep telling yourself that. Next time, RTFT.
  10. #50  
    I didn't even know I for sure had EV-DO in my area and I still upgraded. When I found it I did, I'm a happy guy!
  11. #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    The most stable OS I've come across is Blackberry, but judging by the lack of flexibility, it's difficult to really call it an OS (unless you consider an HP 12C as having an "OS").
    Actually, it IS an OS, but you've hit the nail on the head. The more application specific the OS, the more stable it is. That's why those in the Linux world do custom kernals, stripping out the portions of the OS they have no need for.

    I've settled the "quirkyness" of the Treo for myself a LONG time ago. It's simply going to be unstable to a degree, and I've found that degree to be acceptable for me.

    If it ever becomes TOO unstable for me, I'll look at another device, or possibly resort to getting 2 or 3 (or more?) different devices. Each one will then be stable, I'm sure. But, for me, I'm no where NEAR that phase.

    What I won't do is publicly whine about how I feel cheated. Especially less than a week after the device was made available.
  12. #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    Keep telling yourself that. Next time, RTFT.
    im assuming rtft means read the f'ing thread which i did unlike you obviously, and id take my own advice youve done nothing but post useless information complaining in a thread called "700P ROCKS! DONT LISTEN TO NAYSAYERS" . Go create an "i hate my slow treo" thread to b*tch in, seriously. You keep telling yourself you have contributed something worthwhile to a thread about people liking their 700s and save the smart *ss remarks for people who care what you have to say because I sure dont. Your benchmark numbers mean nothing every treo "system" is different and ever install is different so that is no way to judge anything meaningful in performance outside your own unit.
    And since you think youre so smart and wise about threads, you show me where in the ORIGIONAL posters/thread maker mentioned slow speed you continue to complain in this thread about which is not even close to what the thread was started about

    Quote Originally Posted by longterm
    I got my 700p today, with a bit of uncertainty about whether I'd like it.

    Before putting anything on it, I tried it out; it felt really snappy, seemed to work great.

    I activated the phone, switching my service from my 650, and tried out Blazer. It was amazing to pull up my website on the 700, after being used to the sluggish response from the 650.

    So I then decided to start loading up applications. I loaded Agendus, SnapperMail, PocketQuicken, FileMaker Mobile 8, StockBroker, SplashShopper, TakePhone, 2Dial, 4Cast, KeyCaps, BackupMan, and a few oldies that I still use, including Metronome and Passwords (a Standalone Software app). I had a bunch of games on my SD card, so I dropped that into the SD slot as well.

    I haven't run any speed tests, nor do I plan to, but it feels great. Response is everything I would hope it to be, and I've had no resets or glitches so far.

    With all the slams I've read on here, I wasn't expecting to be as thrilled as I am, but my experience--and this is only MY experience--has been 100% positive. I'll be recommending the 700p to all my friends.

    Now if I could just figure out how to move my favorite ringtone from the 650 to the 700, I'd be a totally happy camper...

    Bob
    Last edited by klurfdawg23; 06/06/2006 at 01:02 PM.
  13. #53  
    2000 Man is just a troll who is obsessed with benchmark numbers and hates anyone who disagrees with him. He is not at all interested in having fun with his 700. Hey, guess what....NUMBERS DO LIE! I don't care if my 700 is a little slower than my old 650. It is lightning fast compared to the 6700 I ditched last week. Numbers do not quantify what I am looking for in the 700. I wanted an EVDO version of the 650 and that's pretty much what I got. So go on pissing and moaning about your silly benchmark numbers. Just go do it in your own thread and leave us alone.
    Last edited by Brooose; 06/06/2006 at 01:07 PM.
  14. #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooose
    2000 Man is just a troll who is obsessed with benchmark numbers and hates anyone who disagree with him. He is not at all interested in having fun with his 700. Hey, guess what....NUMBERS DO LIE! I don't care if my 700 is a little slower than my old 650. It is lightning fast compared to the 6700 I ditched last week. Numbers do not quantify what I am looking for in the 700. I wanted an EVDO version of the 650 and that's pretty much what I got. So go on pissing and moaning about your silly benchmark numbers. Just go do it in your own thread and leave us alone.
    exactly. And like i said a benchmark number means jack sh*t outside of the few square inches of your unit. everyones files and installs are a little different and you will NEVER get consistant numbers to prove anything worthwhile. If he hates his 700p so much im sure he cud return the damn thing and stop whining liek a 8 year old who has a broken toy
  15. #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by klurfdawg23
    im assuming rtft means read the f'ing thread which i did unlike you obviously, and id take my own advice youve done nothing but post useless information complaining in a thread called "700P ROCKS! DONT LISTEN TO NAYSAYERS" . Go create an "i hate my slow treo" thread to b*tch in, seriously. You keep telling yourself you have contributed something worthwhile to a thread about people liking their 700s and save the smart *ss remarks for people who care what you have to say because I sure dont. Your benchmark numbers mean nothing every treo "system" is different and ever install is different so that is no way to judge anything meaningful in performance outside your own unit.
    And since you think youre so smart and wise about threads, you show me where in the ORIGIONAL posters/thread maker mentioned slow speed you continue to complain in this thread about which is not even close to what the thread was started about
    RTFT. Benchmark numbers mean a lot when they're done on a fresh-from-the-factory 700p. Learn something, troll.

    At least broose has finally left her little world of denial long enough to admit that the 650 is faster than the 700p. I guess numbers don't lie. Hmm.
  16. #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooose
    2000 Man is just a troll who is obsessed with benchmark numbers and hates anyone who disagrees with him. He is not at all interested in having fun with his 700. Hey, guess what....NUMBERS DO LIE! I don't care if my 700 is a little slower than my old 650. It is lightning fast compared to the 6700 I ditched last week. Numbers do not quantify what I am looking for in the 700. I wanted an EVDO version of the 650 and that's pretty much what I got. So go on pissing and moaning about your silly benchmark numbers. Just go do it in your own thread and leave us alone.
    If it makes you feel better, he also posts at pdaphonehome ragging on the ppc-6700 in the same exact way extolling the virtues and amazing abilities of the 650/700P over it, crashing threads in the same way, offering no real advice or tips. Funny, over there he's considered a Treo/Palm fanboy. No joke.

    He's like a professional technology hater.

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  17. #57  
    Yes... It does Rock!
    Treo 700p, 650p 600p, 300p, IIIc, III, Vx, USR Palm Pilot, Newton Message Pad 130, Newton Message Pad 120, (Was there a MP 100?), HP Calculator, Pencil and Paper, Chisel and Rock ....
  18. #58  
    What I've gathered from this thread...

    If you like the 700p, you're a fanboy. If you bring up it's flaws, you're a troll.

    yay...


    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  19. #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    RTFT. Benchmark numbers mean a lot when they're done on a fresh-from-the-factory 700p. Learn something, troll.

    At least broose has finally left her little world of denial long enough to admit that the 650 is faster than the 700p. I guess numbers don't lie. Hmm.
    2000 Man, drop me a PM when you decide to sell your 700p. I will be more than happy to take it off your hand at the right price
  20. #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta
    If it makes you feel better, he also posts at pdaphonehome ragging on the ppc-6700 in the same exact way extolling the virtues and amazing abilities of the 650/700P over it, crashing threads in the same way, offering no real advice or tips. Funny, over there he's considered a Treo/Palm fanboy. No joke.

    He's like a professional technology hater.
    Keep telling yourself that. Go ahead an post your benchmarks, if you even have a 700p. LOL
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions