1.    #1  
    I have tried many times and can't get VFSFTP+ to work. It's not the server because i can connect from many computer. I also tried to switch the ports just in case they are blocking port 21 which i doubt. I also tried other FTP server but can't get any to connect.
    Has anyone got this program to work or any other FTP client software?
    I have a lot to say but I dont want to get banned...AGAIN!!
    id like to know as well.... anyone?
    I used a program called EzFtp a couple of times on the Treo 650, don't remember having any problems with it but didn't use it a lot.

Tried it on my 700p just now, and had trouble getting a small file from my remote server (kept getting connection timeout error) but I was able to successfully *send* a file (small phot0) to my server. My server is co-located at a datacenter.

see EzFTP site

Edit: I just tried again, and I think I see why I got the timeout error -- I was trying to *change* directories on the remote server, but I think I accidentally *selected* the directory to transfer, and it timed out while the program was trying to calculate the (huge) directory contents. It will let you select multiple files by tapping on the consecutively, then when you hit the OK button they are queued up for transfer. I was able to ftp a file back to my SD card from the server.
    Last edited by rodloos; 06/05/2006 at 09:43 PM. Reason: further info
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    I tried EzFTP, but kept getting socket errors. I downloaded LFTP from here
    http://www.freewarepalm.com/communication/lftp.shtml

It worked first try. But it does not have a nice gui interface. You have to use ftp xx.xx.xx.xx to open the connection, use Dir to see the directory, getdoc filename to get text files, quit to end the session. Just like the OLD DOS days. But it did work and I was able to download a file from our corp. ftp site.
    I use Filepoint from Bachman utilities. Works very well on my 700p. I transfer files between my server and laptop all the time. Works well for adding prc files if you have a crash and no backup.
    700pInIt
    Palm Pro > Plam VII > m130 > T3 > T5 > LifeDrive > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > 700w
    Holly crap who knew these Treo thingys were so cool!
    Quote Originally Posted by elbombillo2
    I have tried many times and can't get VFSFTP+ to work. It's not the server because i can connect from many computer. I also tried to switch the ports just in case they are blocking port 21 which i doubt. I also tried other FTP server but can't get any to connect.
    i had this problem with vsftp. because of the high latency of evdo, it turned out to be a timeout problem. I just increased the default timeout, then it was able to connect
    Quote Originally Posted by elbombillo2
    I got VFSFTP+ to work on my 700p. I didn't really change any settings. I just put in the host, username, and password and I was already connected to my company's FTP server. Works really well.