Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1.    #1  
    I've got a ringtone I'd really like to move from my 650 to my new 700p; is there a way to do this? It doesn't show up in the built-in Apps...

    Thanks for any help.
  2. #2  
    Go into sounds, click on the manage button at the bottom. Select the ringtone then click on send. Send via bluetooth from the 650 to 700p. That's what I have done for a few of them.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  3. #3  
    Hi,
    I'm not sure where they're stored, but I was just able to move tones from my 650 to 700 via Bluetooth. Go to the phone app, tones, and there's a button called "Send" at the bottom of the screen. Choose Bluetooth (make sure bluetooth receive had been turned on in both devices). Search for "nearby devices", and choose the new Treo (both my Treo's have the same user name, and this still worked).

    This worked for me. Anyone out there know how the tones are stored? Filename? locations? Thanks.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis
    Go into sounds, click on the manage button at the bottom. Select the ringtone then click on send. Send via bluetooth from the 650 to 700p. That's what I have done for a few of them.
    Thanks; I did find the spot you were referring to, but for whatever reason, the ringtone (which a friend gave me by pointing me to a link on the web), was locked and couldn't be sent. I think he created it from a WAV file, so I don't believe it's something he originally bought, but I'm not positive. At any rate, I had to find the email he sent me and use the web link to get it onto my 700p.

    But your instructions were right on the money; thanks!

    Bob
  5. #5  
    You can also look in your back up folder. Look for a file that starts with "TON", those would be your custom ringtones.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
  6. #6  
    Can someone that HAS NOT imported the ring tones from their 650 (I already did), please post what tones you get on the 700P by default? All I see on my 700P are the ones from my 650 and I was wanting to know if I just missed the limited amount of new ones, or I over wrote the file.
    Thanks, Matt
  7. #7  
    As far as I can see the tones on the 650 and 700p are identical with the exception of a tone called "Classic" I don't think this was on the 650. It sounds a bit like a cross between a bell telephone and an office electronic one (actually it's a lot plainer sounding than this sounds like).
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis
    As far as I can see the tones on the 650 and 700p are identical with the exception of a tone called "Classic" I don't think this was on the 650. It sounds a bit like a cross between a bell telephone and an office electronic one (actually it's a lot plainer sounding than this sounds like).
    \Is it "Classsic", or "Treo Classic"? If it's the later, I am pretty sure it was on the 650 too.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Burkhardi
    Can someone that HAS NOT imported the ring tones from their 650 (I already did), please post what tones you get on the 700P by default? All I see on my 700P are the ones from my 650 and I was wanting to know if I just missed the limited amount of new ones, or I over wrote the file.
    Thanks, Matt
    There are quite a few different ring tones in the 700p vs. 650. I like Treo Techno.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
  10. #10  
    It's "Classic". There is also a "Treo Classic". For treosixoo, Treo Techno was on the 650 also.

    Quote Originally Posted by Burkhardi
    \Is it "Classsic", or "Treo Classic"? If it's the later, I am pretty sure it was on the 650 too.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis
    It's "Classic". There is also a "Treo Classic". For treosixoo, Treo Techno was on the 650 also.
    I don't have Treo Techno on my 650.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis
    As far as I can see the tones on the 650 and 700p are identical with the exception of a tone called "Classic" I don't think this was on the 650. It sounds a bit like a cross between a bell telephone and an office electronic one (actually it's a lot plainer sounding than this sounds like).
    Thanks for the help, but I wasn't trying to move one of the default ringtones, but a custom ringtone (as my thread title said). I was able to find the link to download the old ringtone into my new phone, so I did it that way. As it turns out, the ringtone was locked (perhaps that's the default state of any installed ringtone, I don't know), so I couldn't have moved it from the Sounds app anyway.

    So all's well. Now if I could only get DUN to work with my Mac & Treo, I'd be happy... very spotty at this point.

    Thanks again for your reply.
  13. #13  
    I know, I was answering the question from Burkhardi. Bluetooth DUN for a Verizon 700p seems to be working fine for me.

    Quote Originally Posted by longterm
    Thanks for the help, but I wasn't trying to move one of the default ringtones, but a custom ringtone (as my thread title said). I was able to find the link to download the old ringtone into my new phone, so I did it that way. As it turns out, the ringtone was locked (perhaps that's the default state of any installed ringtone, I don't know), so I couldn't have moved it from the Sounds app anyway.

    So all's well. Now if I could only get DUN to work with my Mac & Treo, I'd be happy... very spotty at this point.

    Thanks again for your reply.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680

Posting Permissions