1.    #1  
    should i NOT hotsync my brand new 700p with my existing hotsync setting that i was using with my old 650?
    ~there is no spoon~
    I'm still waiting for my 700p (UPS hasn't shown up yet!) but my advice would be no. Lots of people had serious issues trying to sync 650's with ID's from older Treos, so I'd guess the same would still be true. Go with a new username.
    Sprint 650 --> Sprint 700p
    Agendus Pro/Mail, BackupMan, Diddlebug, Dir Asst, GroupTextMessaging, HandyShopper, LightwavPro, LudusP, MobileClock, palmPDF, PDANet, pTunes, Splash ID/Shopper, TCPMP, volumeCare, ZLauncher
    Make sure you delete the old hotsync and install the one that came with your 700. In the manual it says you can just update. I did this but could not get the 700 to sync. Had to uninstall the older version completely.
    To add: before you delete the old version, make sure you copy your hotsync folder or atleast the backup folder just incase.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    I disagree on using a new username. Someone on the help line at Dataviz recommended the same thing. But all my third-party applications would stop working since they are registered under my existing username. Instead, keep the existing username, but make sure to only carry over your PIM files (calendar, contacts, etc.) Make sure everything else is fresh and not carried over from your 650.
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mal5z
    I disagree on using a new username. Someone on the help line at Dataviz recommended the same thing. But all my third-party applications would stop working since they are registered under my existing username. Instead, keep the existing username, but make sure to only carry over your PIM files (calendar, contacts, etc.) Make sure everything else is fresh and not carried over from your 650.
    That's what I did. Using Missing Sync I renamed the old profile to example(old) and created a new one with the name I had been using, example. I then didn't have any problems with serials and such.
    Quote Originally Posted by mushedroom
    should i NOT hotsync my brand new 700p with my existing hotsync setting that i was using with my old 650?
    I installed the new palm 700 software and hot sync normally. Used the same user name and everthing works great. Sprint did have a problem with the TV on the 700p but since has been fixed. One thing to be aware of, you should first use the on demand and set it up to your zip code before hot syncing or adding new apps. If you don't, the web and search will cause a reset. No resets or slowdowns. All my apps from the 650 works, some limited like DA, but no resets for 5 days. Very happy with the 700p.

Launcher X
    File Z
    DA
    Snappermail
    Splash ID
    Sea Traffic
    Treo Select
    mrecord to store to sd card. voice memo does not
    zap
    Did a backup of my 650 using BackupMan and then performed a full restore to my new 700p. Haven't used hotsync yet on my 700p, as it is currently in "test mode" with my old 650 still kicking along by its side.

Only problems so far:
    - VeriChat doesn't recognize its incoming SMS
    - PXA Clocker doesn't like the "new" CPU
    - Initiate doesn't "initiate" when the home key is pressed
    - PDANet for the 650 doesn't like the new hardware
    - Ptunes seems a little more jumpy when switching apps on SPCS1.12a

The following apps seem to run normally for me:
    - All games
    - Butler
    - Frodo
    - MobileDB
    - CallFilter v.1.3.2b1
    - Snapper
    - TCPMP
    - FileZ
    - BackupMan

It would be unfair to not notice the following improvements:
    - BT headset half-duplex problem has been eliminated
    - Very few resets (like once or twice a week instead of daily)
    - Faster Blazer & other internet apps
    - New streaming capabilities (Video & Audio) (which need "run-in-background ability")
    - More memory!!

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!