Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    my friend works for bose. I got to try these for a few days. I was less than impressed.
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    B.O.S.E. - Buy Other Sound Equipment
    lol. I think ill tell him to tell bose to make some different headphones but with smartphones in mind
    Quote Originally Posted by hrlaser View Post
    I'm saying that these are the best headphones I have ever heard and the fact that Sony has been making them continuously for over twenty years says something. What other products have they been making continuously, basically unchanged, for two decades?
    Then you haven't listened to enough head phones.

Bose, Grado, Sennheiser, among others, have advanced headphone technology significantly.

I've listened to all kinds of wide-dynamic audio from many stereo receivers, computers, laptops, and handhelds including Zodiacs and Treos with them.
    You're attempting to position yourself as some kind of expert, which you're not.

I'm saying that if you watch enough music videos and other films that show recording artists in a booth and studio engineers in a control booth hunched over very expensive consoles, you'll see them wearing these cans and they can afford anything. So there must be a reason they choose to use these $100.00 headphones
    This is a bad argument. They use the Sony headphones because they have some of the best sound isolation you can find, with a pretty good audio quality. More importantly, the sound output is consistent from one set to another. It's the industry standard because everyone is used to using them. Having a sound engineer move between a different set of headphones confuses his ears.

It's a very subjective subject but I've never found anything in a form factor that you have to stuff or seat IN your ears that works for me.
    I agree with this. In-ear headphones cause pain on the inside of my ear, in addition to removing outside sound pretty thoroughly. Those are both bad in my book, because I need portable ear phones that I can wear when I jog or go to the gym. I need to be aware of my surroundings.

All of this is just my opinion but there are a lot of other audiophiles out there who agree
    Every audiophile I've talked to is a Grado fan to the death. I've listened to my friends go on about this crap endlessly, and I'll stick with Bose or Sennheiser after my personal use.

You can call me old school if you like but unless you're willing to spend ridiculous amounts of money on audiophile hardware these days, in my opinion the vast majority of what's out there in the mass market is junk.

Listen to any cans rated 20hz-20khz which is typical these days (such is the rating of the $250.00 Plantronics 590a headset) compared to this old design and the difference is like a steakums and filet mignon

Harv
    I'm convinced that you're full of yourself and don't have nearly the experience you proclaim. Or you've just spent your time reading other people's reviews and taking it as gospel.

The bottom line is that you don't know what you're talking about; your posts on those headphones sounds like a 2am infomercial. Did you actually write that part about not wearing headphones in your car?
    ok so i bought this http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/s...essoryId=21324for my 700p yesterday and i can only hear out of the right ear. is it the headset that's jacked up or is it the phone?

sorry, such a newb question....
    VZW 700p, which could quite possibly be thrown out the window if it doesn't stop being a pain in the booty.
    Dude, that was $30 Who makes those things. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory....... why don't you just order the original Palm ear buds from http://www.jr.com/JRProductPage.proc...eed.PLM+3239WW

These headphones sell for $50 but they are 30 right now.
    actually it was only 20 cuz i had an employee discount...

bah...still sucks though..thanks for the info
    VZW 700p, which could quite possibly be thrown out the window if it doesn't stop being a pain in the booty.
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aj80 View Post
    actually it was only 20 cuz i had an employee discount...

bah...still sucks though..thanks for the info
    i have the original palm headphone from j&r also...they are preety good.. you should get it...

btw u work for verizon?
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    the headphones that came with the treo are pretty good except that the wires are really thin. I'm on my second headset. The first one I had ripped when I tugged it a little too hard. Any other decent headphones that plug straight into the jack?
    I use Ultimate Ear Super.Fi 5 EBs. I've been very pleased with them. They retail near $200, but can be had much less. I got mine used off e-bay for $80+chg. b/c everyone is chasing better marketed brands.

http://www.ultimateears.com/superfi/...5-EB_white.htm

FYI, and by way of background, I also own Grado SR325s and Senn's HD-600s; I use the former for Jazz, and prefer the latter with my Classical collection. I also run em through my HeadRoom Micro Headphone Amp. (desktop module), which makes a world of difference when I'm travelling. Point is, I'm a bit of an audio nut, I own some damn fine equipment, and I think the SuperFi's are generally quite good having listened to the good stuff.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, my cans stomp the hell out of Sonys. Also, I wouldn't discount placement of Sony's products BY SONY in these music videos/films precisely so one might draw, incorrectly, the sorts of conclusions the other poster made.
    Last edited by CheckPt.Charlie; 11/18/2006 at 11:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by aznspiki View Post
    i have the original palm headphone from j&r also...they are preety good.. you should get it...

btw u work for verizon?
    oh no, i work for WaMu and we get corporate discounts =) annnnd, i just bought the palm ones from J&R yesterday...now i'm just waiting for em to get here.....
    speaking of headphones, the headphone jack on my 700p went bad today. i have to hold the plug in the right direction to get sound out of my headphones now. my question is will Sprint be able to fix my problem OR replace my phone at a local sprint store or will I have to go through the same process I went through when my screen cracked? I had to request a new phone, pay a $50 deductable then they sent me a new phone and I sent back my old one.

thanks for any help
    Visit me at myspace:
    www.myspace.com/stylestrumentals
    i just got my headset
    http://www.jr.com/JRProductPage.proc...eed.PLM+3239WW and they're just OK...bah.
    Last edited by aj80; 11/29/2006 at 11:31 AM.
    i'm actually gonna return them now because the person on the other end can't bloody hear me. frigg.

any other suggestions!??!?!
    i still love my Shures i3c-t. No call or answer button. But calls are always clear and the music sounds great. but they cost $120. been using them for 1 year now and they come with a 2 year warranty.
    Sounds like the 700p has the same problem as the 650. The audio jack is poorly soldered, and will go bad quickly, especially with the right-angle adapters they sell, which puts alot of stress on it, and you can't even put it upside down, since the antenae sticks up and makes it tilt.

First the static starts, then one ear goes, then it only works if you tilt it, or really bend it... then it dies.

I went through 2 650's within the first year, using various adapters/headphones. I opened up the last one, since I no longer had support.

Eventually, I started using the Seido adapters that connect to the charger adapter on the bottom. These work for a few months, and they break before the Treo does, so you are only out $8 or so.

But I can't get my last one to work with my 700p. Maybe they don't work on it? Or the adapter is broken? Will keep trying.
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    If you want decent sounding earbuds (I prefer earbuds to other types for comfort, looks, and background sound blocking), and the $100-200 price range makes you shudder, check out these:

Sony MDR-EX71 Earbuds

I'm on my second pair and they sound pretty doggone good for < $30!

You'll need the mini-adaptor plug (doesn't come with these).
    Lord, who will we go to? You have the words of eternal life. Jn 6:68 <><
    PDA "trail" > Sharp Wizard OZ-750 > Palm M100 > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Sony T665C > Sony NX80V > Sony TH55(2) > Palm Treo 700p
    I'm just trying to find something inexpensive (under $40) - ear buds with call mic to use with my 700p and I'm striking out. Verizon carries a cool blue universal set, but I could only hear sound in one ear. Does anyone know of an adapter fix for this?

I think Plantronics has a set, but I'm not crazy about the ear lobe clip and the white color. As you can see, I'm more interested in aesthetics than sound quality... weird, I know.

Tomas
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    But there is something to be said for the convenience of the Seidio retractable 2n1 earphones with a mic and button housing in line to switch between calls and music. http://store.treocentral.com/content...73-74--477.htm
    i've gone through two of these seidio ones - while the convenience is great the quality was not so good- cheap wiring and they both broke down fairly quickly. and i'm not even a 'power user' = pretty much left the earphones in the car and only used while driving. too bad
  20. pmb
    I drive a truck. Naturally there's a high level of ambient noise. I use the Boise QC-2 for listening AND talking while driving.
    At home I use the Shure 13C-T0036's. Both are excellent in the respective environs. For music the Boise can't be beat.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast