Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I'm still using the Treo 600. One thing that's always bothered me is that to use my Shure headphones (or any other headphones), I have to use the headphone jack adapter for the treo. Is this still the case with the 650 and 700?
    thanks for the help.
    I was happy to see the 700 came with a stereo headset without having to use the adapter. So far, I love them, they work great and sound very, very good. With P-Tunes, if you go into the options and into the graphic EQ you can add Bass Bost which makes a nice difference. Also, to increase the sound more go to options then to general preferences and go to volume boost, there you can increase the db level. Makes it sound a lot better.
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    OK at the rish of sounding reeeeeal stupid, my treo headset's cord leading to the earbud for the left ear is shorter than the cord leading to the right earbud.

Is that the way is should be or do I have a freak headset?
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    My left side is also shorter than the right.

I expect that it is that way to control the distance from your mouth to the microphone.

I also like the headset. I'm listening to mp3s while browsing the forums and not disturbing my sleeping wife..... life is good!

-Curt
    Quote Originally Posted by clindner
    My left side is also shorter than the right.

I expect that it is that way to control the distance from your mouth to the microphone.

I also like the headset. I'm listening to mp3s while browsing the forums and not disturbing my sleeping wife..... life is good!

-Curt
    Tks clindner. I assumed your explanation was the right answer, but it just looked strange.
    I agree the headset is nice.
    Tks again
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    what case are you all using for your earphones?
    I'm surprised by all the Shure ECx lovers out there....I wore them properly for 3 weeks and found them uncomfortable. They take too much time to "seat" properly too. (maybe my ears are too large?).

I would overlook that, but the sound is so tinny, it's pathetic. A pair of Sony sports headphones sound better, are more comfortable, and cost a lot less.

There are much better and cheaper options for in-ear headphones out there.
    IF you want to use Bluetooth headphones, you can. I just found out about a A2DP profile available. I just ordered the HT820 Motorola Stereo/Mic headphones. I will post how it all works out as soon as i get it.

here is the link for the BT Audio Profile
    [HTML]https://www.regnow.com/softsell/nph-softsell.cgi?item=8834-9[/HTML]
    Bo
    Quote Originally Posted by TR30
    I use Shure E4c as well and they sound really great on the 700p. For something that small, it sounds like I'm using one of those high-end cup style headphones. Sounds are crisp and clear with good bass. I got 'em for $160 also and I think it's worth it.
    I'm using the same and love them. The tri-flange sleeve is very comfortable compared to the semi-circular silicone sleeves.
    Bang Olfsen pair from the Apple Store. Very nice reproduction.

But there is something to be said for the convenience of the Seidio retractable 2n1 earphones with a mic and button housing in line to switch between calls and music. http://store.treocentral.com/content...73-74--477.htm
    Anyone having problems hearing the Treo ringtones for an incoming call through wired headphones? The problem is with all earphones I've tried is particularly a problem with the isolating E3c or I3ct, both of which I love. Whether I am listening to mp3 or not, I don't know when the phone rings (vibrate helps a little) because of lack of ringtones.

Does anyone else have this problem?
    I use Shure Ec2 Not cheap, but certainly not the most expensive either.
    I've got a Sony VGP-BRM1D Bluetooth Audio Controller on the way and will be using it with my Rivet lanyard headphones.
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    Do you guys tried Palm 2 in 1 Stereo Headset Pro from palm.com?

PalmŪ 2 in 1 Stereo Headset Pro $49.99
    http://palm.imageg.net/graphics/prod...3278082reg.jpg

i'm using it right now and it is unconfortable in the ear.. mayb i'm not use to it yet... you have to push it all the way in to hear to bass.
    Last edited by aznspiki; 11/14/2006 at 12:05 AM.
    I'm using the stereo headset that came with 700p. These handle bass and volume really well. Good quality sound. Also the Toysoft MagicButton app works on the 700p for controlling phone and ptunes functions from the mic button.

The other app, HeadSetControl does not support the 700p.

I also have a Moto HT820 stereo headset. This headset I am real disappointed in. It does not handle bass or loud volume settings very well.
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec View Post
    I'm surprised by all the Shure ECx lovers out there....I wore them properly for 3 weeks and found them uncomfortable. They take too much time to "seat" properly too. (maybe my ears are too large?).

I would overlook that, but the sound is so tinny, it's pathetic. A pair of Sony sports headphones sound better, are more comfortable, and cost a lot less.

There are much better and cheaper options for in-ear headphones out there.
    If you were getting tinny sound from the Shures, then you never had them seated properly.
    Quote Originally Posted by richpjr View Post
    If you were getting tinny sound from the Shures, then you never had them seated properly.
    I have to agree with this. I have the E3c and thought they were great. I then upgraded to the E4c and was surprised at the amount of bass that comes through. The E4c really brings out the mid-range but the bass is pretty pronounced but not artificial. If either model sounds tinny then you don't/didn't have them sealed properly.
    Quote Originally Posted by hrlaser View Post
    Sony MDR-V6 circum-aural headphones. I've been using them for twenty years. Rated "The best headphones we have ever heard at any price" in Consumer Reports in 1989 or so.
    So your saying earphones have not gotten any better in the last 20 years

I am a bit of audiophile and I can tell that Etymotic Research ER4 earphones are so good that you can tell the difference between a 256kb MP3 and a non compressed WAV file. You will also be able to tell the difference between the Treo audio quality and a newer Ipod.

http://www.etymotic.com/ephp/er4.aspx
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    So your saying earphones have not gotten any better in the last 20 years

I am a bit of audiophile and I can tell that Etymotic Research ER4 earphones are so good that you can tell the difference between a 256kb MP3 and a non compressed WAV file. You will also be able to tell the difference between the Treo audio quality and a newer Ipod.

http://www.etymotic.com/ephp/er4.aspx
    I'm saying that these are the best headphones I have ever heard and the fact that Sony has been making them continuously for over twenty years says something. What other products have they been making continuously, basically unchanged, for two decades?

I've listened to all kinds of wide-dynamic audio from many stereo receivers, computers, laptops, and handhelds including Zodiacs and Treos with them.

I'm saying that if you watch enough music videos and other films that show recording artists in a booth and studio engineers in a control booth hunched over very expensive consoles, you'll see them wearing these cans and they can afford anything. So there must be a reason they choose to use these $100.00 headphones

They are "old fashioned" circum-aural stereo headphones with a long, coiled cord. They are not cell phone headsets. There's no mic on them. They have an astounding frequency response of 5hz-30khz. How much would you have to spend on a pair of loudspeakers with specs like that?

I have never heard better headphones and I've owned and auditioned many brands and models since the 1960s. Go dig around on the net and look for reviews and you'll find a lot of people who agree with me. Sony MDR-V6. (not V600).. Retail about $100.00. Street price $65.00 to $80.00.

It's a very subjective subject but I've never found anything in a form factor that you have to stuff or seat IN your ears that works for me. Full-sized circumaural cans are easy on, easy off, I've worn them for thousands of hours, replaced the pleather ear pads a few times (they start to disintegrate after a few years but Sony still sells the exact replacements).. have a spare pair of these cans band new in the box (bought earlier this year off eBay..) .. in case the ones I use ever fail.

All of this is just my opinion but there are a lot of other audiophiles out there who agree

They're just a classic piece of audiophile hardware, solidly made, comfortable, light weight, perfect fit and seal (on me).. and if you ever get a chance to listen to them critically I'd love to hear what you think of them

You can call me old school if you like but unless you're willing to spend ridiculous amounts of money on audiophile hardware these days, in my opinion the vast majority of what's out there in the mass market is junk.

Listen to any cans rated 20hz-20khz which is typical these days (such is the rating of the $250.00 Plantronics 590a headset) compared to this old design and the difference is like a steakums and filet mignon

Harv
    Do NOT send email to harv at treocentral dot com - it will never reach me.. forwarding from that address to my real address was hijacked in early 2008, and I can't fix it.. send me a private message instead or email me directly at my RR address..
    Bose has some portable earbuds out now. $99 retail.

http://www.bose.com/controller?event...nfb_triport_ie
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast