Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Been playing around with my 700p for a few days now. No Sirius? They advertise it all over the place that it will work with Sirius (streaming I assume) but what are they talking about? I've been through this phone 3 or 4 times at least and there is nothing about Sirius. Am I missing something here? It seems that if they advertise it, it should be relatively easy to access.... no?
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyNale
    Been playing around with my 700p for a few days now. No Sirius? They advertise it all over the place that it will work with Sirius (streaming I assume) but what are they talking about? I've been through this phone 3 or 4 times at least and there is nothing about Sirius. Am I missing something here? It seems that if they advertise it, it should be relatively easy to access.... no?
    Sirius wants you to pay multiple times for the same thing. Hence the extra charge by Sprint for a limited set of 20 channels.

Unlike XM, which gives you "free" streaming over the web (any client) along with your radio subscription.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    Unlike XM, which gives you "free" streaming over the web (any client) along with your radio subscription.
    Sirius does offer streaming over the web with no extra charge. Just have to log in to their website. I have not tried it on the 700 but it works fine with regular browsers.

What Sprint is advertising is a Sirius channel offered along with Sprint TV. How many channels I am not sure. With my data plan only one channel shows up.
    Bad Ash is right... u need to log in to Sirius first from the Treo browser...

however, the # of talk stations are limited when streaming... u should be able to get all of your music however, if u are a subscriber...
    -jscott
    The Listen Online link is not on the main page you can get it by going to http://www.sirius.com/sirius/servlet...eam=undefined&

I seem to have forgot my password so I can't login
    I have both Sirius and XM.

XM has a nice PC web client.
    XM has MiniXM for streaming to pda/smartphones/small wifi devices.

Siruis has PC web client that is a bit dogdy and not even close to XM's.

Siruis has no "mini-Sirius" equivalent.

XM Mini is awesome on the Treo 700p.

Hope Sirius gets a clue.
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by neotope
    The Listen Online link is not on the main page you can get it by going to http://www.sirius.com/sirius/servlet...eam=undefined&

I seem to have forgot my password so I can't login

Doesn't matter....I did log in, but Kimona says unsupported and all the links overlap, even in wide mode.
    Sirius appears to have launched a new web player. Can anyone get it to work on the 700p? http://www.sirius.com/sirius/servlet/MediaPlayer
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crawform
    Sirius appears to have launched a new web player. Can anyone get it to work on the 700p? http://www.sirius.com/sirius/servlet/MediaPlayer
    Tried it with blazer, but no go....
    Bummer.
    As of today, Howard is now available via the Sirius on-line media player. Hopefully, we can figure out how to get sirius on-line to stream via the 700p.
    Has anyone tried the Sirius emulator (from the Howard thread)?

Quote Originally Posted by circpro
    I guess you could try http://emulamer.com/SiriuCE.html It appears you need to do a little install... Not sure if it will work on PalmOS, but TCPMP seems to be supported..

MiniXM all the way.....that's what I say...
    I read that Howard stern is available from logging into the sirius website. Is there a way to get the NFL or NBA channels? I do subscribe to sirius... any specifics on how to do this would be most appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by gkouri
    I read that Howard stern is available from logging into the sirius website. Is there a way to get the NFL or NBA channels? I do subscribe to sirius... any specifics on how to do this would be most appreciated.
    No, you cannot get Howard over the web. Period.
    Quote Originally Posted by rocky2
    No, you cannot get Howard over the web. Period.
    Not true. As of last week, all of his Sirius channels are available via the Sirius Web Player.
    PArdon my ignorance once agin, but is the Sirius web player a separate program to be downloaded or do I just go to Sirius.com?
    The Sirus web player is not separate software. Just go to sirius.com
    I tried the 3-day trial of XM. The 64k streams sound pretty darn good. They'd be even better if they could stream through PTunes (for multi-tasking purposes).

The Sirius connections through PowerVision sound absolutely horrible and stream at 28K...which would easily work on 1xRTT. But on the other hand, the 64k XM streams should work with the correct decoder on the 650 as well.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    Quote Originally Posted by HandyDJs.com
    I tried the 3-day trial of XM. The 64k streams sound pretty darn good. They'd be even better if they could stream through PTunes (for multi-tasking purposes).

The Sirius connections through PowerVision sound absolutely horrible and stream at 28K...which would easily work on 1xRTT. But on the other hand, the 64k XM streams should work with the correct decoder on the 650 as well.
    How did you get Sirius to stream via PowerVision?
    I was able to log in to the online Sirius Player website in Blazer, but did not get any sound. I then changed the Blazer prefrences from Fast to Normal (Wide Page Mode) and Kimona Player popped open but could not recognize the stream file format. Anyone have any luck?

Here's the direct link:
    http://www.sirius.com/sirius/servlet...eam=undefined&

Also, I have Java installed (not sure if that makes a difference).

BTW - Howard is currently streaming and the stream bit rate is 49 kbps.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast