Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    What are those up/down arrows right to the left of the bullseye?
    ^EVDO (Powervision).
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Tells you if you're in EV-DO or 1xrtt. Blue triangles mean EV-DO, green is 1xrtt.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by infinitemethod
    What are those up/down arrows right to the left of the bullseye?
    Mood arrows. When you are in a good mood, the phone senses it and the arrows go up and turn red. When you are in a bad mood, down.
    Come tomorrow, 6/6/06, the red arrows become red horns.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    Tells you if you're in EV-DO or 1xrtt. Blue triangles mean EV-DO, green is 1xrtt.
    My triangles are always green, even when on EVDO. (Yes, I'm sure).
    I have a verizon phone.
    Please no wise cracks, I want to know too. When I first got the phone there would be a green flashing box that said EV (I thinK) over the arrows , I figured that was EVDO. Haven't seen that in days. Now I see blue arrows but I do not think I have ever seen green arrows.
    Sorry for the double post. Blue arrows going up and down. Occasionaly a blue box with white arrows. PS. I stopped doing drugs twenty years ago.
    It was in the user manual. Page 100
    My book page 100 is on IR beaming
    Quote Originally Posted by RICHINMJ
    Please no wise cracks, I want to know too. When I first got the phone there would be a green flashing box that said EV (I thinK) over the arrows , I figured that was EVDO. Haven't seen that in days. Now I see blue arrows but I do not think I have ever seen green arrows.
    I bet that geen box was from your Splash Screen Mod file (Phone_SPCS) file you loaded, your on Sprint, right?
    Can't any of y'all read? He asked about the arrows to the *left* of the bullseye. That's not Ev-DO AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK. $I$ $want$ $to$ $know$ $too$ $and$ $I$'$m$ $to$ $lazy$ $to$ $read$ $the$ $manual$.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    Can't any of y'all read? He asked about the arrows to the *left* of the bullseye. That's not Ev-DO AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK. $I$ $want$ $to$ $know$ $too$ $and$ $I$'$m$ $to$ $lazy$ $to$ $read$ $the$ $manual$.
    Power Vision.
    it is EV-DO, read the manual.
    Jimmie Geddes
    At least you're honest.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...erpaw/evdo.jpg

Of course, it may vary by carrier.
    I feel bad for the verizon people if they see green arrows for both EV-DO and 1xrtt. How are they supposed to differentiate?
    Jimmie Geddes
    Funny how you ask everyone else if they can read when your too lazy to click the link provided and look at page 100 as posted:

Quote Originally Posted by SKYravefever
    It was in the user manual. Page 100
    It IS the sign that you are in EVDO coverage area.
    Quote Originally Posted by Burkhardi
    I bet that geen box was from your Splash Screen Mod file (Phone_SPCS) file you loaded, your on Sprint, right?

I am trying to get to the bottom of what should be there. My 650 Phone_SPCS file originaly must have replaced the one that was on the phone. Maybe that was causing the blinking green EV box (where the arrows are supposed to be), not all the time just occasionally. Now that I have the original file back on the phone, I never see it. I was trying to figure out if I am in EVDO range, out of range, suppose to see that green box, never should have seen the box, etc.
  20.    #20  
    Not to be picky but why can't it just say evdo? it's not difficult, i think the W does that.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast