Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 84
  1. #61  
    I use backup man latest version - works well
  2. #62  
    Hi,

    Working on fixing the backup instabilities with LudusP... does anyone know who i should contact out of these Backup developers that are very responsive and knowledgable?

    regards, tyler
  3. Rob_T's Avatar
    Posts
    328 Posts
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by LudusAdmin
    Hi,

    Working on fixing the backup instabilities with LudusP... does anyone know who i should contact out of these Backup developers that are very responsive and knowledgable?

    regards, tyler
    Mike at BitsnBolts (BackupMan) seems to have these qualitites.

    He is at:

    support@bitsnbolts.com

    Jan Slodicka at Resco is good too, but I don't have the e-mail.
    Late '08 MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HD 7200; Mid 2011 MacBook Air 11" 1.6GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD; 32GB iPhone 4; 32GB WiFi iPad 2 (White); Apple TV; Nikon D300; AND (Hopefully) a 16GB HP Touchpad from the fire sale! TWITTER: @RobT43
  4. #64  
    Since installing v2.1 of BackupMan on my Treo 700p two days ago, I've noticed that it won't run the scheduled backup if the keyguard in enabled. This was not the case with the previous version which I installed in early June after receiving my new Treo.

    FYI : Here is what BackupMan tech support said:

    "Keyguard and "Show Abort Dialog" options conflict. Either turn off Keyguard on your Treo or turn off the abort dialog in BackupMan."

    Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  5. #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by fmcgirt
    Resco Backup - support is outstanding. Also have Backup Buddy but there are reports of problems restoring some PIM databases. BackupMan caused random soft resets. All latest versions.

    Frank
    Jimmie I am too using Resco Backup and very happy as I have done many restores from the fatal loops. I also tried Backup Buddy but I lean towards Resco Backup
  6. jgilfor's Avatar
    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    #66  
    I own every one of the backup solutions mentioned in this thread. I have a Verizon 700P, "loaded for bear." The ONLY program that will give me consistent full backups, without reset or errors, and without the "reset your Treo first" work-arounds, is BackupBuddy VFS. Admittedly, I haven't had to do a full restore yet (he types, while keeping all fingers crossed).
  7. #67  
    I've been using an unregistered version of BackupMan v2.1 so far with no problem. Is there a way to test the restore function before purchasing?
    Last edited by Mowgli; 07/23/2006 at 09:45 PM.
    Mowgli the Jungle Boy
    ---------------------------------
    Orange Handspring Visor Deluxe
    Tungsten T
    Treo 700p VZW
  8. #68  
    Mowgli, there is a trial period. BackupManager is an excellent program; however, it does not backup Java files and for some people, that can be a problem. If you run Java on your device and keep Java in main memory, then when a hard reset is performed and you want to restore your device, everything but Java will be restored - you will be prompted on those files it fails to restore.

    Resco Backup released V1.40.6 today and it addresses stability issues due to DB cache and file structure instability. I did two backups, performed a hard reset and a restore from the 2nd Resco Backup and everything was restored and operating properly.

    Ben
  9. #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger
    Resco Backup released V1.40.6 today and it addresses stability issues due to DB cache and file structure instability. I did two backups, performed a hard reset and a restore from the 2nd Resco Backup and everything was restored and operating properly.

    Ben
    I'm assuming then that Java was restored also? If so, happy day!
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
  10. #70  
    Sure was and that was the big plus there and why I will probably give it a buy. Ben
  11. #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger
    Mowgli, there is a trial period. BackupManager is an excellent program; however, it does not backup Java files and for some people, that can be a problem. If you run Java on your device and keep Java in main memory, then when a hard reset is performed and you want to restore your device, everything but Java will be restored - you will be prompted on those files it fails to restore.

    Resco Backup released V1.40.6 today and it addresses stability issues due to DB cache and file structure instability. I did two backups, performed a hard reset and a restore from the 2nd Resco Backup and everything was restored and operating properly.

    Ben
    Thanks Ben for repylying. My trial period for BackupMan expired, so I will need to either purchase or try another app. I'm not sure if I have any Java files on my 700p, but I would try Resco as well.

    My original question was how to test these backup apps. I guess I'm afraid to do a hard reset and then have a problem restoring. Is this the only way to really test a backup app, regardless of the manufacturer?
    Mowgli the Jungle Boy
    ---------------------------------
    Orange Handspring Visor Deluxe
    Tungsten T
    Treo 700p VZW
  12. ink883's Avatar
    Posts
    872 Posts
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mowgli
    My original question was how to test these backup apps. I guess I'm afraid to do a hard reset and then have a problem restoring. Is this the only way to really test a backup app, regardless of the manufacturer?
    As far as I know, Yes.

    I would download a trial app of another backup software like backup buddy and make a backup then download NVbackup (free).

    Then between both backup apps one should work. BUt i think once you try NVbackup you may really like it.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
  13. #73  
    Is anyone successfully using TealBackup? It used to work properly on my Treo 650. But on my Sprint 700p, TealBackup doesn't work at all for me. I keep getting an error message that says something like "no memory card found" or similar. Sadly, I had to switch to BackupMan, and this works just fine. Even the latest version of TealBackup doesn't work on my 700p....ideas anyone?? Thanks! -Casey
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
  14. #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by jgilfor
    I own every one of the backup solutions mentioned in this thread. I have a Verizon 700P, "loaded for bear." The ONLY program that will give me consistent full backups, without reset or errors, and without the "reset your Treo first" work-arounds, is BackupBuddy VFS. Admittedly, I haven't had to do a full restore yet (he types, while keeping all fingers crossed).
    I use BackupBuddy VFS on my Verizon 700p and have successfully restored. My only gripe is that I have to unlock the Treo before will run so it won't run overnight unattended. Instead, in the morning when I unlock my Treo it asks to run the backup. Am I missing something?
    Newton 120 > PalmPilot Pro > Palm III > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Treo 90 > Treo 600 (Sprint) > Treo 700p (Verizon)
    ----------------------------Nokia 5160------------------> Motorola V8160 ^
  15. #75  
    The only way to test it is to do a hard reset. I did just that after making backups using Resco Backup & Backup Manager. The restore done with Resco Backup worked perfectly. So perfectly that I have disabled BackupManager and will run Resco for a couple of more days and then will purchase it then.

    Ben
  16. #76  
    Been trying out BackupMan. but after find out about NVBackup, I like it better. I have done full restore. will try the individual file restore.
    Thngs to like on nvbackup:
    1. update current backup with latest change (kind of like incremental)
    2. have full log of files backing up
    3. ability to export/upload to ftp server. VERY NICE.
    "Who really needs to multitask on their phone." - PRE-rock
  17. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #77  
    BackUp Man Is terrible, since 2.x.
  18. #78  
    Running BackupMan v 1.55 on my Treo 700P, same version I had on 650 and seems to work fine.

    Recently switched to Chatter for email, and start getting a "low memory" warning from that app. and it appears related to my daily backup using BackupMan v 1.55, which seems to eat dbCache after running a backup. Performing a soft reset fixes the problem.

    I have BackUp Man set for auto backup each night, and each morning I've found a Low Memory warning in Chatter. So after a reset, I scheduled backupman to run this morning. Everything seems fine, then after a couple of minutes following reset, Chatter displayed the low mem message again.

    After the latest message, here's what console/mem shows, prior to resetting:
    Dynamic Free: 4898064, Max: 2501424
    Storage Free: 27750400, Max: 27750400
    dbCache Free: 124304, Max: 100256

    After reset I get:
    Dynamic Free: 7621256, Max: 4948552
    Storage Free: 27734016, Max: 27734016
    dbCache Free: 11122232, Max: 11084312

    After running BU Man again I get:
    Dynamic Free: 5129816, Max: 2549296
    Storage Free: 27631616, Max: 27631616
    dbCache Free: 307024, Max: 159168

    So Dynamic and dbCache both take a pretty big hit.

    Has anyone else experienced this? Does anyone know if the 2.1 version of BackupMan has the same issue?
    --Steve

    Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

    My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
  19. dcpmark's Avatar
    Posts
    560 Posts
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    #79  
    Yes, 2.1 does the same thing, but my memory loss figures aren't as bad as yours, so either something else you are running (Chatter?) is quickly filling up the DB cache, or 2.1 is not as bad as 1.55. As you said, though, a soft reset takes care of the problem either way......
  20. #80  
    I just tried NVBackup and numbers are no where near as low as they where with BackupMan
    --Steve

    Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

    My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions