Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    gt5l, thanks for the correction on NVBackup I found the open source http://sourceforge.net/projects/handypalmstuff/ love open source.... once POS -> Linux it'll be interesting...sorry to go off the topic.

I'll give this baby a try!
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Have been using Backupman v2.03 works fine
    Another Backup man user on the 700p. Works well. Even restoerd, with not a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviator
    Another Backup man user on the 700p. Works well. Even restoerd, with not a problem.
    good news on the restore. I've been using BM for a long time now. Love it. Has saved me numerous times.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    I don't know if this is everyone elses problem but LudusP was the program that caused BackupMan 2.03 to reset at the end of a backup for me. Once I disabled it BackupMan worked Flawlessly.

P.S. I have informed Tyler (Support@Ludustech.com) about the problem and he is aware and will try to fix it once his school finals are done.

OrionNE
    On my T700p, backupman scheduled backups do not trigger. Manuall ones run fine. What's puzzling is that when I test a scheduled backup during the day e.g. in 5 minutes it triggers fine. The one I scheduled to run at 1:30 AM do not. I never had this issue with 1.5 on the T600. I do receive a lot of alerts text msgs during the night and I'm thinking they somehow beak backupman. I contacted the vendors who said that backupman scheduled backups will not run if the phone is locked during the night. I'm not sure what 'locked' mean? The only lock I know of is the keyguard.

Any help will be appreciated.
    ^Security app lock. But BM 1.5x works just fine with my 600 & 700P at 4:00am even with this lock enabled. Go figure....
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by cnewtonne
    On my T700p, backupman scheduled backups do not trigger. Manuall ones run fine. What's puzzling is that when I test a scheduled backup during the day e.g. in 5 minutes it triggers fine. The one I scheduled to run at 1:30 AM do not. I never had this issue with 1.5 on the T600. I do receive a lot of alerts text msgs during the night and I'm thinking they somehow beak backupman. I contacted the vendors who said that backupman scheduled backups will not run if the phone is locked during the night. I'm not sure what 'locked' mean? The only lock I know of is the keyguard.
    Is backupman on the card or in main memory.....if on the card, scheduled things won't happen.
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Does the new version of backup man restore java properly, the old one didn't?
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    On my Treo700P I tried Botzam Backup v 2.12 which I have used on my T600 for some time. While everything looked great, I found that the restore seemed to corrupt "something" in Docs2go. It would always crash the Treo when I tried to launch Docs2go.

Now that I have more apps on my 700, including the upgrade to Docs2go Premium, the process of backing up - hard reset - restore (the only way to be sure the backup really works) is getting even longer.

I know I have no choice but to do the test process if I want to be sure that I have a secure backup system in place, but before I go on, I was wondering if anyone had ANY experience with Botzam Backup on the Treo 700p. (an email to Botzam support has, so far, yielded no response)
    If a computer crashes in the forest and no one is on-site to download the error log, is the event documentable?
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Yesterday I had to do a hard reset on my 700p because I screwed up my Datebook fooling with Exchange and Entourage and did a perfect restore with Resco Backup. I have never had a single problem either backing up or restoring with RBackup. I do one daily complete backup early each morning followed by a soft reset and then any updates required throughout the day.

Also according to #*#377# my last soft reset was caused by BackupBuddy right before I went to exclusive use of RBackup. Give it a try - it works great unless you have some 3rd party app that interferes.

Frank
    I had to do a restore from BackupMan 1.55 and found it restored most things, but didn't restore things like my bluetooth pairing or owner's info. I also started getting errors in synching contacts in Missing Sync after this. I finally fixed that by going in manually and resetting any contacts I had set ringtones on. So it seems like the restore isn't quite perfect.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    I am using BackupBuddy with no problems at all.
    Just got a 4gb card and installed NVBackup 1.12b. I get an error on every item backed up. Is this the current version for the 700p? What am I doing wrong?
    I am using nvbackup 1.11 and I have restored form it too. I like it
    Treoing & Loving it
    Formatted my SD Card and tried again. It backed up fine. I guess now I will have to do some kind of restore.
  18. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    BackUp Man
    I just download the NVBackup 1.12b (beta) I found the author posting http://forum.brighthand.com/showthread.php?t=222757 seems like a nice guy. So far so good w/ my 700P.

gt5l, just wondering do you copy the NVBackup folder from your SD to your local drive for safe keeping? or are you backuping up via ftp?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast