Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    ok i understand now.. this really needs to be perfected. Im so sick of using 3rd party ring managers
  2.    #22  
    I agree - If the phone has the capability to handle it's own ringtones a 3rd party manager just seems like a pain. Of course getting the tones into the phone is a pain too, so who knows.

bcaslis - How did you get the .prc on the phone? If you emailed it or bluetoothed it try deleting it with filez (There will be 2 -- Delete the non-ROM version), soft reset, then copy it from a card using filez or resco or the file manager of your choosing and reset again.
    I hotsynced the file to the device. Shouldn't that work for a .prc? How did you install it?

Quote Originally Posted by amtatar
    I agree - If the phone has the capability to handle it's own ringtones a 3rd party manager just seems like a pain. Of course getting the tones into the phone is a pain too, so who knows.

bcaslis - How did you get the .prc on the phone? If you emailed it or bluetoothed it try deleting it with filez (There will be 2 -- Delete the non-ROM version), soft reset, then copy it from a card using filez or resco or the file manager of your choosing and reset again.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    Im still waiting on my 700 to arrive. but this is likely one of the first things to get up and running
  5.    #25  
    I installed by copying from my sd card with LauncherX. It wouldn't hotsync for my when I tried, so I went the card route.

Has anyone besides me had luck getting this working?
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    hmm. would filez work to move it from the card?
  7.    #27  
    I haven't tried it, but I'm sure it world work to copy from with Filez. Copying ringtones with filez in not possible, but you can open them with blazer by going to "file:///{filename}" as long as there are no spaces in the name.
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    i was hopin to Ir the ringers in (worked easily with the wavs in 650)
    then access them using the .prc
    If someone can try this, please do. Im still in waiting for my 700 land
  9.    #29  
    I just tried transferring via IR and it worked. Cool!
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    sweet!!
    so let me get this right...
    1. move the prc into ram from a sd via zlauncher or filez
    2. soft reset
    3. Ir the .AAC files in
    4. set em as ringers

anything I'm missing?
    Last edited by pump142; 06/06/2006 at 10:37 PM.
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    bump.

can somone else try this and make sure we really nailed it? (THIS IS VERIZON ONLY)
    I still dont have a P yet
    Yep it works for me!
    I was trying to get the AAC ringtones working the past few days on the Verizon Treo using some of the other methods mentioned on the board and was happy to see a solution for Verizon that worked for me, so I didn't have to buy a third party app.

Here is the procedure I followed:
    1. I copied the PRC to my SD Card, then moved it using Filez to the phone.
    2. I performed a soft reset.
    3. I then sent an AAC ringtone using Bluetooth to my phone. The phone then accepted it right into the Sounds App, and I was able to set it as a ringtone.
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    Hold on here.......

You telling me there is a way to create your own ringtones as SYSTEM ring tones? What types of files can you do this with? How the heck you do it? Where are .aac ringtones, etc.?

Karl
    www.karlz.tv
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    I converted my mp3 ringtones to AAC with 1 of several free or free to try converters on google.
    I should have my 700 by monday and cant put it to use until then.
    I would think system tones could be set as normal once the tones are uploaded in.
    Amatater or Scmtech? have you tried these?

give it a whirl and let us know how it goes.
    M505 -> M515 -> Kyo6035 -> Kyo 7135 -> Treo 600 ->Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 700 WX -> Samsung Saga VZW
    Quote Originally Posted by pump142
    I converted my mp3 ringtones to AAC with 1 of several free or free to try converters on google.
    I should have my 700 by monday and cant put it to use until then.
    I would think system tones could be set as normal once the tones are uploaded in.
    Amatater or Scmtech? have you tried these?

give it a whirl and let us know how it goes.
    I used dBpowerAMP Music Converter with the AAC codec to convert to AAC (as described earlier in this thread).
    Once you have the PRC installed and move your AAC ringtones to the phone, the tones are avaliable in the Sounds Application. You can select your new AAC files in the Ring Tones, Phone Alerts, Calendar, and Messaging sound application settings. So you can have your own custom reminder sound for calendar events. You can also set AAC ringtones for specific contacts now, using the Contacts Application.

However, in the World Clock Application the AAC ringtones do not show up . Only the default Wake Up, Alarm, etc sounds are avaliable.
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    awesome. no more third party ringer apps for me
    M505 -> M515 -> Kyo6035 -> Kyo 7135 -> Treo 600 ->Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 700 WX -> Samsung Saga VZW
    I tried this and it didn't work. I'm kind of new, so how to I go about deleted this from my phone?

Quote Originally Posted by amtatar
    I played around with a hex editor for a little while and got this hack to work. THIS IS FOR VERIZON PHONES ONLY!!!!

I replaced the qcp association with aac. I feel it is a pretty good trade off. Just copy this file to your palm, probably via email or SD card and do a soft reset. You'll be able to open .aac files directly from whatever source you prefer.

All the expected disclaimers apply... I take no responsibilty, etc, etc, etc.

EDIT: Attachment removed because it dosen't really work. My Bad. It wasn't setting the Type right.

ReEdit: I found a way to got it to work well. Reattaching it here.
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    what part didnt work?
    Well I added the sound manger file. Before then I downloaded some mp3 and acc files to play. I can't even find those files to get rid of them, and when I downloaded the the sound manger file, and did the soft reset I still couldn't find the files, I even downloaded the acc file again with no luck. I just want to get rid of the sound manger, mp3s and acc files on my phone, but I dont know how.
    what do I do?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast