1.    #1  
    Tried to beam some stuff between the 700p and a few other handhelds. I practically had to make the 700p and the other device kiss to get the 700p to see the other device. Anyone else try beaming?
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    The treos have always been bad range wise, but it not as bad as touching, make sure they are on a flat surface and are on the same height.
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
  3.    #3  
    I know that certainly wasn't the problem. And I've never had a Treo whose signal was that bad. That includes the 270. Was just wondering if anyone else has tried beaming anything yet?
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    They always suck. 300, 600, 650, and now, shockingly, 700.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C
    Was just wondering if anyone else has tried beaming anything yet?
    Have successfully beamed between a Clie TG50 and the Treo 700p about 3 inches apart. Haven't tried to max the distance.
    UniPalmer
    -------------
    It's not the heat; it's the stupidity!
    I've beamed between the 650 and 700 at about 3 inches with no problem.
    I didn't have any problems beaming stuff from my 600 to 700. They were between 3 and 6 inches apart the whole time, but I waved them around a bit during the process and didn't disconnect.
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755
    I've tried beaming a few things and it seems like it kinda times out if you are beaming a lot. If it is just a few contacts, no problem. If it is an app with a bunch of related databases, the first few go ok but then it seems like it gets cranky and doesn't want to do anymore after a certain point...
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    I find there's an optimum distance... too close and it doesn't work. Something like 4-6 inches works best.
    I can't imagine they put a different IR port on there from the 700w. The 700w port seems to be stronger than the 650.

And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...