Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I thought the Treo 700 camera would be more effective at 1.3 Megapixels. Every picture I have taken so far has not been clear enough to be worth saving. How are you all experiencing the Camera on the 700P?
    Funny you mention that. I had shot a few test pics with a friend's Treo 700 Windows unit, and I had the same impression. The pictures from the 700p weren't a whole lot better than the Treo 650.

CC
    I personally do not like the 700 camera. Specially not good in low light conditions. My 650 does not have this issue. 700 is really only good in well lit areas. Specially outdoors. Pictures are still not worth jumping in excitement about.
    My pictures on the 700p are alarmingly darker and less detailed than my 650. Don't know if it's related to the hue problem or not. But an exchange is on the way from Palm.
    Last edited by DelMelo; 06/05/2006 at 03:01 PM.
    same here - they say it's 1.3 MP and looks mlike less then 1
    I got my father a900 and pict quailty is 50% better.
    have you guys changed the resolution in the camera settings? i dont think the 1.3megapixel setting is set out of the box, at least mines wasnt , for those of you that dont know how to change the settings of the cam, from the CAM App, press the menu key and you get the options
    a co-worker of mine had this same complaint. he found a little platic "protective" cover on the lens. Once he removed it the pictures were much better.
    ---
    iPhone / Samsung Epix

Current playtoys:
    Also: Treo 750 (Test phone) / Sony Ericcson w900 (unlocked for international travel)
    Have you looked at them on your desktop? I found that initial photo doesn't look that great on the 700 screen - but it's much better on the desktop. Remember - this image is much bigger than the 650 pic would be. Try zooming in on the pic while in the photo app and it will look a little better.
    Before I sold my Treo 650 I took pictures with both phones and I could definitely tell a difference between the two. A lot clearer.
    Quote Originally Posted by infinitemethod
    Before I sold my Treo 650 I took pictures with both phones and I could definitely tell a difference between the two. A lot clearer.
    Which one was clearer?
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    I have to say, the camera on the 700p is MUCH better than on my 650. The images are a lot clearer and bigger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chazzan
    I have to say, the camera on the 700p is MUCH better than on my 650. The images are a lot clearer and bigger.
    but not as good as a900 - and they both 1.3 mp
    Quote Originally Posted by bobodobo
    Which one was clearer?

700p
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukas718
    but not as good as a900 - and they both 1.3 mp
    To be honest, going from a 650 to an a900, I thought the pics on the a900 were ridiculous. Under perfect lighting it came out nice, but anything less than perfect was a joke.

I loved the quality of the pics of the 650, and I think its noticable better on the 700p.
    Is it just me that can't save pictures or video to card unless I pay for some additional service.
    Close up pics are much better on the 650, 700p close up pics are blurry. Other than close up, the 700p is much better overall to me than the 650.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    My 700P pics look alot better than my Pictures I took with the 650. and I took hundred with the 650 . Alot to compare to. You just have to remeber . Take pictures outside in sunlight with the 700P. or under alot of lighting indoors. Low light levels = bad pictures.I love the 700P camera. No problem here.
    VaccPalm, take a couple of close up pics of text or pics on a page with your 700p and let me know what yours look like. My 700p close up pics are blurry.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    There is a big difference in the two cameras. Where the 700 loses big time is in the amount of light it is letting in. If you still have both phones, just hold them up and look at the lenses. Anyone who knows photography knows that more light and bigger lenses both equal better pictures. The 700 has a considerably smaller lense opening. To test this, I took a picture with each camera in my house in moderate to low light. Both pictures are linked below. It doesn't even look like these pictures were taken in the same light, but they were taken side by side, one after the other. The 650 is letting in MUCH more light. The 700 picture does look sharper, but what good is that if you can't see the subject?

Picture with 650

Picture with 700p
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilJack
    There is a big difference in the two cameras. Where the 700 loses big time is in the amount of light it is letting in. If you still have both phones, just hold them up and look at the lenses. Anyone who knows photography knows that more light and bigger lenses both equal better pictures. The 700 has a considerably smaller lense opening. To test this, I took a picture with each camera in my house in moderate to low light. Both pictures are linked below. It doesn't even look like these pictures were taken in the same light, but they were taken side by side, one after the other. The 650 is letting in MUCH more light. The 700 picture does look sharper, but what good is that if you can't see the subject?

Picture with 650

Picture with 700p
    Put your finger over the lens on the 700p and then take it off right before you take the picture. The problem appears to be that the lens is autoadjusting incorrectly according to a previous post I read. When you cover it up, it should open all the way.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast