1.    #1  
    I know you can get a card for a laptop to do this, but does anyone make a similar card/modem for a desktop PC?
    ??? I'm not sure what card you talking about. You can use the 700p as modem for DUN via USB or bluetooth. No other card required.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    I have a 700p verizon, I was under the impression that as soon as I connect it to my laptop (USB), 1- it will be recognized as a card reader and 2- it will show up as a modem, neither of these things happened. I know I need a plan with Verizon in order to use it as a DUN, however the Verizon rep told me, if I do not have a plan, I can still use DUN\, but I will be using my minutes. Any ideas????
    Thanks,
    -Labib
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    not true- if you dont pay, it wont work
    Palm Pro > Plam VII > m130 > T3 > T5 > LifeDrive > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > 700w
    Holly crap who knew these Treo thingys were so cool!
    Quote Originally Posted by haddadlf
    I have a 700p verizon, I was under the impression that as soon as I connect it to my laptop (USB), 1- it will be recognized as a card reader and 2- it will show up as a modem, neither of these things happened. I know I need a plan with Verizon in order to use it as a DUN, however the Verizon rep told me, if I do not have a plan, I can still use DUN\, but I will be using my minutes. Any ideas????
    Thanks,
    -Labib
    The 700p can utilize either the tethering hack described on the boards, PDANet or software called VZAccess Manager which comes with the phone in order to connect to the internet via your PC. If you decide to "legally" connect with the 700p, and if you have a voice/data plan for the 700p that is at least $79.99/mo., you can add an option called "BroadbandAccess Connect Unlimited" which costs an additional $15/mo. The jury is still out, until monthly bills start rolling in for those 700p users that use either the tethered hack or PDANet, whether VZW has a means to catch the data usage and bill for it.
    Hi I used my Treo 700p on my Macbook Pro and my iMac G5 (20") over the weekend when Time Warner disconnected me of the network. I was using it tethered USB with this http://mobile-stream.com/usbmodem.html application. Kicks ***. :-)
    I downloaded pdanet and it seemes to work fine. Now about the RAM hack, does it get removed after a hard reset?
    Still can't figure out if I can use the 700p as a card reader?
    Anyway, thanks for all the help.
    -Labib