1.    #1  
    Does anyone know how to turn this off? I understand it is "on" out of the box. I am curious if this is part of what is negatively impacting Verichat.
    I believe you can type ##EVDO# in the phone app to get to the EVDO options. You can click the "Force EVDO" option. This is meant to force EVDO only, but others have reported that it forces calls to voicemail.

This is generally not a good idea unless you don't mind your calls going to vmail.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    How do you type alpha characters in the phone app?
    The pic is of my 4-year old big boy with Benny the Bull at a Bulls game

Baby girl due 5/22/08!
    The actual code is ##3836# which is ##EVDO# spelled out.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Duh! Thanks!

Baby girl due 5/22/08!
  6.    #6  
    No, that's not what I'm getting at. There is a feature on the Treo 700 that interrupts the data transmission for an incoming call. My theory is that this may be causing the Verichat data always on to be broken. Wondering if turning if off will make a difference. I know it can be turned off; just don't know how. Anyone?
    I can attest to you that Verichat is broke. I wouldn't attempt to try to use any work-arounds.

The way Data vs Calls works is done on a level that is not adjustable in normal circumstances. If you are in a Power Vision area (EvDO), normally you'll have calls interupt any data sessions you have going. If you're in a regular Vision area (1xRTT), then while you're accessing data, you'll not get any phone calls.

If you go to ##EVDO# and set yourself to EvDO only, then it seems that while you're running data, you will not recieve any phone calls. I don't know why this happens, but you either might or might not get phone calls. This is the only solution I know of to the question you are asking.
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeElmendorf
    Does anyone know how to turn this off? I understand it is "on" out of the box. I am curious if this is part of what is negatively impacting Verichat.

Preferences - Network - hit the menu key - Options - Preferences.
  9.    #9  
    Anyone seen any difference in Verichat changing this option? I switched back to my 650, so I'd have to do another ESN swap to test it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by brophey
    I can attest to you that Verichat is broke. I wouldn't attempt to try to use any work-arounds.

The way Data vs Calls works is done on a level that is not adjustable in normal circumstances. If you are in a Power Vision area (EvDO), normally you'll have calls interupt any data sessions you have going. If you're in a regular Vision area (1xRTT), then while you're accessing data, you'll not get any phone calls.

If you go to ##EVDO# and set yourself to EvDO only, then it seems that while you're running data, you will not recieve any phone calls. I don't know why this happens, but you either might or might not get phone calls. This is the only solution I know of to the question you are asking.
    I selected EvDO only and you are correct, you will not receive calls during data sessions when this option is selected. At least I didn't when I tested it!

Baby girl due 5/22/08!
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths
    I believe you can type ##EVDO# in the phone app to get to the EVDO options. You can click the "Force EVDO" option. This is meant to force EVDO only, but others have reported that it forces calls to voicemail.

This is generally not a good idea unless you don't mind your calls going to vmail.
    same issue with mine as well. i havent been able to get thru one single call while forcing evdo.

C
  12.    #12  
    But Verichat still doesn't work with that option selected?
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeElmendorf
    My theory is that this may be causing the Verichat data always on to be broken. Wondering if turning if off will make a difference. I know it can be turned off; just don't know how. Anyone?
    Who are you? The only developer remainding at PDAapps in charge of fixing Verichat at a cheap price??? No offense, but PDAapps has fck *p big time this time. They even had a long nice review at TreoCentral a few weeks ago and now they are starting to wake up from their dreams of been the best IM app.

Al
  14.    #14  
    HA. No. A frustrated Verichat user like the rest of you grasping at straws in light of their inaction or sloth-like pace.