Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Everyone,

I have been having problems with my Plantroincs 640 lately. While I have loved the pocket carrier and charger, light weight, easy to use set, my fear that the charging port might eventually become loose and not charge properly has materialised. I now am having problems consitenly keeping hte headset charged, and have decided to try something new. I'm using the 700P now, so can't make any claims about the 650. But i bought the new NOKIA BH-900.

The headset is awesome so far. It looks decent, had good volume and sound quality, and in a few random tests to voicemail, has sounded really good. I haven't had a chance to speak to someone on it yet, so i haven't gotten an opinion, but the DSP and the extending microphone boom seem to do their job well. And so far, pairing, redial and ease of use are fantastic.

It's a little awkward to put on the first few times. I'm still learnign to do it one handed, but its getting easier. I lvoe that you can answer and end a call simply by sliding the boom in and out. I highly recommend it so far. i'll update after a couple days of use to see if it pans out as good as i hope it will.

http://www.mobileburn.com/gallery.js...6&source=EVENT
    looks interesting...different for sure
    Quote Originally Posted by SailRace
    Everyone,

I have been having problems with my Plantroincs 640 lately. While I have loved the pocket carrier and charger, light weight, easy to use set, my fear that the charging port might eventually become loose and not charge properly has materialised. I now am having problems consitenly keeping hte headset charged, and have decided to try something new. I'm using the 700P now, so can't make any claims about the 650. But i bought the new NOKIA BH-900.

The headset is awesome so far. It looks decent, had good volume and sound quality, and in a few random tests to voicemail, has sounded really good. I haven't had a chance to speak to someone on it yet, so i haven't gotten an opinion, but the DSP and the extending microphone boom seem to do their job well. And so far, pairing, redial and ease of use are fantastic.

It's a little awkward to put on the first few times. I'm still learnign to do it one handed, but its getting easier. I lvoe that you can answer and end a call simply by sliding the boom in and out. I highly recommend it so far. i'll update after a couple days of use to see if it pans out as good as i hope it will.

http://www.mobileburn.com/gallery.js...6&source=EVENT
    I just saw it at Best Buy today and was considering it but I wanted to do some research on the sound quality. I haven't found much on the web yet. What do you think so far?
    Any updates?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbroad572
    Any updates?

I sent SailRace a private message a week+ ago and he responded that it no longer works and he had to take it back. I have tried several differnet headsets, and the JX10 is the one that works the best. That darn background hiss is driving me a little nuts, but otherwise, no problemo.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm III --> Palm V --> Visor Prism -->Palm VII --> Kyocera 6035 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p -->Centro
    JX10 is still the best available.
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    JX10 is still the best available.
    The JX10 is good I have one also , but thats an interesting idea with slide out boom.
    Have you guys had complaints of echos from people you're talking to with the jx10? I guess when people are talking to me, and I'm on the jx10, the person on the other side is hearing their voice echo. Anybody else?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm III --> Palm V --> Visor Prism -->Palm VII --> Kyocera 6035 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p -->Centro
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Hey gang, I bought the new NOKIA BH-900 at Best Buy last week and this headset has the chance to be the best out there. I use the Sprint 700p and used to have the 650. Previously I used the Scala 500 (good) and tried the Motorola 700 (scratchy) and found the new Nokia to have great audio quality in and out--that boom really helps my voice sound good. The one problem (that I'm hoping is solved with a treo firmware update) is that that once the phone and headset are seperated from one another, they won't re-pair once I briing them back together again. One must turn on/off the Nokia to re-pair the two. For now I simply power the BT off when I'm jumping out of the car when I get to work and then power it back up when I get back in my car. By doing this the BT and 700P work great together and pair every time. Again, I'm really a stickler for call quality and I have faith an update (like last time with the 650) will solve the re-pairing issue--for me it's worth the wait because the call quality is so good.

Just my opinion.
  10.    #10  
    Sorry its taken me so long to get back to this thread. I'd completly forgotten about it because i was so pissed off with the BH900 headset.

While i can agree that the sound quality was pretty damn good, it wasn't good enough to put up with the problems i had. I use the headset all day long in the office, so turning the BT on and off wasnt' an option. The problem that occurred, is that eventually, after being paired for a while, and not going out of range or anything, i would get an incoming call, and i'd open the boom to answer, and it would completely freeze up the call. The headset didn't connect, and i couldn't then disconnect it to answer using hte Treo, so the person calling me was in 700P limbo. They couldn't hear me, and they didn't go to voicemail. It was as if the call just got lost somewhere in the BT setup. Completely unacceptable for my use...i even tried returning it for a second unit, and the same thing happened. it's too bad, because i did really like the headset.

Now, i'm using a Moto H700, and have had great luck with it. The BT implementation on the Treo still needs an update, but for now, the H700 will do.
    Does the Moto H700 have any issues with connection times when it comes off Standby? I have the H500 and if it is in Standby I have no chance that it will answer the call (it takes too long to start back up, see the Treo, and then connect).
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    I mentioned the 700P and Nokia BH900 did not reconnect after I had seperated them--well I've just learned in another post that
    ...my BT is working great after setting it to visible - though this should have no affect on the BT, but it has worked for
    I tried this--setting my Sprint 700P BT settings to visible and BAM!--works like a charm--the BT and phone now easily reconnect. I can now fully recommend the Nokia BH-900.
    Quote Originally Posted by 02flhrci
    Have you guys had complaints of echos from people you're talking to with the jx10? I guess when people are talking to me, and I'm on the jx10, the person on the other side is hearing their voice echo. Anybody else?
    I haven't gotten that complaint with my JX10 but I used to with my old Nextlink AX.

The HB-900 isn't in ear though and reportedly doesn't get very loud.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by BikeBoy
    I mentioned the 700P and Nokia BH900 did not reconnect after I had seperated them--well I've just learned in another post that

I tried this--setting my Sprint 700P BT settings to visible and BAM!--works like a charm--the BT and phone now easily reconnect. I can now fully recommend the Nokia BH-900.
    Trust me on this....give it a few days. I thought the same thing...and used the visible setting as well. Eventually answering the call with the boom would cause hte phone to freeze up. Now it could be my phone....but my guess is that it's Palms BT implementation.

My Moto H700 does answer in time from a standby mode. If i have it off (folded) and the phone rings, as long as i get it open by the second ring, i've had no problems with it connecting. It might take a little longer than i'd like, but it isn't bad.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Trust me on this....give it a few days. I thought the same thing...
    Damn, you were right--not about thew phone freezing up, that doesn't happen to me, Its just that the connection is not consistant--the 700P and BH-900 don't always see each other--very frustrating. I will tell you my Moto 700 call quality was very poor and the static problem was unacceptable .
    Quote Originally Posted by SailRace
    Sorry its taken me so long to get back to this thread. I'd completly forgotten about it because i was so pissed off with the BH900 headset.

While i can agree that the sound quality was pretty damn good, it wasn't good enough to put up with the problems i had. I use the headset all day long in the office, so turning the BT on and off wasnt' an option. The problem that occurred, is that eventually, after being paired for a while, and not going out of range or anything, i would get an incoming call, and i'd open the boom to answer, and it would completely freeze up the call. The headset didn't connect, and i couldn't then disconnect it to answer using hte Treo, so the person calling me was in 700P limbo. They couldn't hear me, and they didn't go to voicemail. It was as if the call just got lost somewhere in the BT setup. Completely unacceptable for my use...i even tried returning it for a second unit, and the same thing happened. it's too bad, because i did really like the headset.

Now, i'm using a Moto H700, and have had great luck with it. The BT implementation on the Treo still needs an update, but for now, the H700 will do.
    I had the same problem as SailRace with the BH-900 failing on incoming calls. I reset the headset by hitting the power and mute buttons at the same time and I have'nt experienced the problem since. I encourage anyone who is having this problem with the BH-900 to try this before returning it. It is a really solid headset.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbroad572
    Any updates?
    This is my review of many of the headsets I've tested; my favorite right now being the Nokia BH-900.

My BT Xperience

Here are some of my other opinions of this headeset. I think its fabulous!

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...40&postcount=2

compatible with BT 2.0 , treo 650 is 1.0 is that a problem?
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    had the same problem as SailRace with the BH-900 failing on incoming calls. I reset the headset by hitting the power and mute buttons at the same time and I have'nt experienced the problem since. I encourage anyone who is having this problem with the BH-900 to try this before returning it. It is a really solid headset.
    Thanks for the tip dskelto --I've reset my BH-900 and so far, so good.
    The OP stated that he was using the BH-900 with a 700p. I on the other hand am using it with the 650. Sometimes you guys make it difficult to assist or pass off useful information based on the title alone of these threads. There are so many threads already about “Best BT for 700p” so if this is where this thread was intended to go, why create a new one for it? If every thread must end up being about the 700p or whatever, please state that in the title. Considering this was posted in the BT forum, it almost feels like a waste of time for anyone who doesn't have a 700p to respond.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    How do the BH-900 owners feel about it now? Are you still using it?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast