Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by chodaboy
    How do the BH-900 owners feel about it now? Are you still using it?
    I returned mine because it was way too quiet.
    Global Posts
    780 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    I returned mine because it was way too quiet.
    I picked up a BH-900 yesterday and also find it too quiet. It's going back.
    Quote Originally Posted by eharty
    I picked up a BH-900 yesterday and also find it too quiet.
    That's interesting. I just got one and it is pretty loud. Much louder than the handset. In fact, it is painful if I turn the volume all the way up. Maybe it is a matter of how it fits on ones ear and if the speaker is aligned with the ear canal?

G
    Global Posts
    780 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeP
    That's interesting. I just got one and it is pretty loud. Much louder than the handset. In fact, it is painful if I turn the volume all the way up. Maybe it is a matter of how it fits on ones ear and if the speaker is aligned with the ear canal?

G

That could very well be the case. It also seems that BT performance varries from Treo to Treo. I don't know why this would be other than quality control issues.

G
    Sounds like someone who's never used VolumeCare.
    According to the developer, Volumcare has no effect on bluetooth volume, only on the handset volume or the speakerphone. I have found that to be the case, as well.
    Actually I use VC. I just find this headset plenty loud. Unfortunately, it doesn't connect consistently for me. Unless I can figure out a trick to fix that, I'll return it.

G
    Actually I use VC. I just find this headset plenty loud. Unfortunately, it doesn't connect consistently for me. Unless I can figure out a trick to fix that, I'll return it.

G
    VC goes up to nearly 130dB so your claim that the HB900 gets louder than your earpiece is absurd. Sorry.
    VC goes up to nearly 130dB so your claim that the HB900 gets louder than your earpiece is absurd. Sorry.
    First of all, my claim is nowhere near as absurd as you thinking you know which is louder MY headset or MY earpiece.

Second, when I said it was louder I was making an apple-to-apples comparison, i.e., without any third-party amplification. My brother, at 6'4", is taller than I am, my stepping on a stool doesn't change that.

G
    So my comment about your not using VC was correct in the first place and your comment about your using VC and the headset being louder was incorrect.

Now, please tell me if YOUR HB900 gets louder than YOUR earpiece with VC activated. If not, I'm right again.
    VolumeCare does not do anything for the volume of bluetooth headsets.

http://gotreosoftware.com/support/#_Toc135807427
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    VolumeCare does not do anything for the volume of bluetooth headsets.

http://gotreosoftware.com/support/#_Toc135807427
    We know. It's been discussed to death.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eharty
    I picked up a BH-900 yesterday and also find it too quiet. It's going back.
    I noticed that the volume on the BH-900 got much better when I'd push it closer to my ear ... so I figured I could engineer a solution to the volume problem. I took the black rubber band that came with the power cord for the unit, which is about 1/4 inch deep and about the width of the earpiece ... wrapped a strip of black electrical tape around it, firmly connecting it to the earpiece ... and this created a channel that fits nicely into my ear and directs the sound inward. OK, maybe "engineer" is too strong a word to use for this solution ... but it works very well! It sounds hokey, I know ... but it actually looks pretty good, and the adaptation is not even noticable once the unit is on your ear. If you don't have that rubber band, a small piece of plastic or rubber tubing should work just as well ...
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I personally use a VZW 700P and even after the recently released software update, the BT still sucks on it. A list of headsets previously used:

Jabra JX10
    Jabra 500V
    Motorola 500 and 505
    Plantronics 655
    Samsung WEP410

I still use the 655 but sound quality is downright terrible at times...ranging from ok to almost unusable. The JX10 I wanted to like sooooo badly....but after going through 3 of them (first stopped working, second refused to pair, and third just died completely), I just gave up. I think Jabra has a lot to work on as far as quality control goes on the JX10...that and it was a VERY uncomfortable headset to wear for any length of time. The 500V was extrememe comfortable, the sound quality was just awful with static making calls unbearable when the device was more than 5 feet away from the TREO of when it was in my holster/pouch. As for the Motorola 500 and 505, both are mediocre headsets at best...cheap with low voice quality, hence lots of static. The Samsung WEP410 was a pleasant surprise....nice voice quality, little static, but refused to stay in my ear....I'm a sales rep so I've used BT headsets extensively and know what they should and shouldn't sound like. My 655 works flawlessly with my work phone (LG-VX8300), but sucks with my TREO. Any suggestions for a better headset out there? Wanna try the Aliph Jawbone but reviews are mixed 50/50.......any help??
    Get the WEP200. That's probably the #1 recommended headset for the Treo. Some get the Jabra eargels to make it fit better.
    The Jawbone is the best on the market right now. Period
    Quote Originally Posted by Gentleman001 View Post
    The Jawbone is the best on the market right now. Period
    LOL The Jawbone blows chunks. Sounds terrible, looks terrible, built terrible.
    For those of you looking for a great headset. Check out the Nextlink B3. I think I am going to like it over my Plantronics 665 (and I love that thing). I just ordered it from blueheadsets.com. I am excited. Check it out!
    http://www.blueheadsets.com/index.as...rodID=130&HS=1
    I am going to throw my vote in for the Jawbone. Just got one, despite some people claiming "it sucks." I have used a few different headsets with my 650 and now my 700P. I was impressed with the quality of the Jawbone. The fit was almost perfect for me out-of-the-box. The noise cancelling is as advertised, just amazing. The incoming sound is loud enough to hear even in noisey environments, like in the car with the radio and fans on, and the windows open. It pairs perfectly with my 700 and has a great range. It is clear, even when my treo is on the opposite side of my body and I am outside (with no walls to bounce the bluetooth off of). Well worth the money.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12