Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Can I txt message from my Treo 700p using the Messaging program to India? I have tried it with my 650 and it did not work, even though sprint reps told me that it would. Has anyone been successful in txt'ing internationally with their Treo's?

Thanks
    -Jas
    I can text Canada, not sure if that is actual international
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    I received an international text message from London this morning. I replied to the text, but I don't know if it went through or not.
    i can txt australia back and forth i just type 011 and phone number, i can reply to messages and so can the person in the other end
    I can txt from South Carolina to Ohio. Some might consider that international as well
    <br>
    I have a son in Iwakuni Japan and his cell phone service Vodafone there does not bridge to the US for SMS, but he can recieve txt msgs via email from anyhwere in the world and I receive his text msgs as emails. Not sure about Vodafone's archrivals KDDI and DoCoMo there.
    u can. Just experiment it with different carriers in india. It will work.
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Much success with SMS to Philippines. Sprint SMS got international functionality over a year ago.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    You can text message the US Virgin Islands but not the British Virgin Islands. You can't text message Bermuda either.
    this will help:
    http://www.sprintpcs.com/support/help/help204.html
    All about international SMS from Sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviator
    this will help:
    http://www.sprintpcs.com/support/help/help204.html
    All about international SMS from Sprint.
    not really. trial and error is the best way unfortunately.

sprint specifically says they support vodaphone in sweden- yet no one EVER recieves my texts....althought sprint did say it was vodaphones fault. so just because sprint says they support it doesnt mean they will recieve your sms you send. it depends on their carrier too.
    Maybe others who are successfully doing it to other countries can chime in here as to how they do it. Do they use country codes and the other numbers there specific to particular providers?
    Quote Originally Posted by simplyjas
    Can I txt message from my Treo 700p using the Messaging program to India? I have tried it with my 650 and it did not work, even though sprint reps told me that it would. Has anyone been successful in txt'ing internationally with their Treo's?

Thanks
    -Jas

MY WIFE HAS SENT AND REC MESSAGES FROM THE PHILIPPINES, ALL INCLUDED WITH HER UNLIMITED TEXT PLAN
    Quote Originally Posted by simplyjas

Thanks
    -Jas
    I can send SMS to these carriers in India w/o any problems :
    Orange (Hutch), Airtel, Tata Indicom only one which doesnt work me is BPL Mobile

01191********** Don't forget the 91 the country code.
    <s></s>
    I was checking my account page and it says that I have 0 messages allowed and I have exceeded them by 45 INTERNATIONAL TEXT MESSAGES? I have unlimited sms is sprint starting to charge for those now?
    Treoing & Loving it
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l View Post
    I was checking my account page and it says that I have 0 messages allowed and I have exceeded them by 45 INTERNATIONAL TEXT MESSAGES? I have unlimited sms is sprint starting to charge for those now?
    It shows up on your bill but sprint wont start charging for international text msg till OCT 1st. So mark the date.
    "Bite the hand that feeds you,.......They'll always be impressed by the sharpness of your teeth."-Peggy Sellers (Miriam Margolyes)
    thanks for the information, do you know how much its going to be? is there a monthly unl international sms option?
    Treoing & Loving it
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l View Post
    thanks for the information, do you know how much its going to be? is there a monthly unl international sms option?
    $0.15 per text. Dont know if this was the same for text messages within the U.S because I have unlimited SMS. I only called when I noticed the "international text messages" on my bill. And the lady told me they would start charging as of Oct 1st. I think it may even be on your bill(not sure tho)
    "Bite the hand that feeds you,.......They'll always be impressed by the sharpness of your teeth."-Peggy Sellers (Miriam Margolyes)
    This is very lame cause I have started to use it a lot now. So you get charge 0.15 for receiving too? or just for sending?

Al
    Success sending to Phillipine mobile phone, no fee with unlimited plan.

I asked about that $.15 for international texting and was told by the rep that if you have unlimited text that there's no extra charge. But from my vast previous experience with Sprint I know very well that I can't trust much that they say.

IF they really *are* going to change the terms of unlimited texting then I'll probably give them a call - I just signed up for a couple years and agreed to a plan that was supposed to include this.

These cellular companies are getting more and more like banks. Lowball the front-end cost, then bury their real intentions in extra fees and ridiculous charges for simple transactions like a text message. That must be why Sprint is breaking up the full "vision" package into ridiculous little pieces - "picture mail," "text," "data," "powervision," etc. I can't even figure out what my package includes anymore with all the convoluted additions and "credits"..
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast