Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 66
  1.    #1  
    EDIT: 6/24/2006 - 3.23 final released
    http://home.triad.rr.com/rlwhitt/palm/#da

    Check it out!!
    Support Forum Thread - http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73885

    EDIT 6/11/2006: Version just updated to 3.23 B3, which now works dials on the 700p and provides 5-way support.

    If the MAP function does not work for you, change the preference "Browser to Use" to Treo Web. You can also manually set the creator ID to BLZ5. To get to the preferences screen, run DA and click Menu then Preferences.
    Last edited by stroths; 06/24/2006 at 02:58 PM.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  2. #2  
    Installing now. Over the weekend I used On Demand to get a phone number and directions. Wasn't bad, but I still prefer DA.
    The pic is of my 4-year old big boy with Benny the Bull at a Bulls game

    Baby girl due 5/22/08!
  3. #3  
    5-way nav still not working on some parts of the app. When DA launches, the field where you choose what search criteria you will use won't work, nor does it work on the page where you enter the name and address before you perform the search. It only works somewhat on the page where the search results are. Up doesn't work at all, right scrolls down, left scrolls up, and down appears to work like a tab button on a pc keyboard.

    The dial feature doesn't work either. I get an error message that states 'This does not appear to be a supported smartphone device! Cannot complete the requested operation.'
    The pic is of my 4-year old big boy with Benny the Bull at a Bulls game

    Baby girl due 5/22/08!
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Tone
    5-way nav still not working on some parts of the app. When DA launches, the field where you choose what search criteria you will use won't work, nor does it work on the page where you enter the name and address before you perform the search. It only works somewhat on the page where the search results are. Up doesn't work at all, right scrolls down, left scrolls up, and down appears to work like a tab button on a pc keyboard.

    The dial feature doesn't work either. I get an error message that states 'This does not appear to be a supported smartphone device! Cannot complete the requested operation.'
    Yep.

    5 way only works in results field for searches.

    Dial not working.

    Directions not working...does not find browser

    Maps not working...does not find browser
  5. #5  
    I'm able to use the beta in my 700p without it crashing the phone, but the 5-way support is still a bit rusty. In most places (the main menu screen, for example), it doesn't work at all and on others, it's not intuitive (buttons on the screen that are arranged vertically require "left-right" presses on the 5-way). YMMV

    Hey.. it is a beta.. He'll get it there.

    I've been so impressed with this little app and so has everyone I've recommended it to. As soon as Rick finishes the 700p update, he'll be getting a donation from me.

    Thanks Rick!
  6. #6  
    Hmmm...

    Dial doesn't work yet.. but...

    Both Maps & Directions worked fine for me. I did tell it under Prefs to use Xiino...
  7. ink883's Avatar
    Posts
    872 Posts
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    #7  
    give him some more time, he is working on updating it again as we speak
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec

    Directions not working...does not find browser

    Maps not working...does not find browser
    Select Treo Web as your browser in Options > Preferences menu.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  9.    #9  
    Version just updated to 3.23 B2, which now works dials on the 700p. I just confirmed it on my Sprint 700p.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths
    Version just updated to 3.23 B2, which now works dials on the 700p. I just confirmed it on my Sprint 700p.
    Link?
    The pic is of my 4-year old big boy with Benny the Bull at a Bulls game

    Baby girl due 5/22/08!
  11.    #11  
    Same link as in my initial post. I also added a direct DL link
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  12. #12  
    Better, but not there just yet. The 5 way still doesn't work on the query page nor does it work on the main page. It did work on the results page, though, with exception to when I select the number I want to dial from the list. Hitting the right arrow key won't take you to the options list. If you push it manually it will dial.
    The pic is of my 4-year old big boy with Benny the Bull at a Bulls game

    Baby girl due 5/22/08!
  13. #13  
    This is good news! I'll keep monitoring this thread for the updates.
  14. #14  
    I am so glad that this is working, it's one of my favorite apps
    Jimmie Geddes
  15. #15  
    Hey...

    Thanks for the update on DA for the 700p.

    Dial from app works good.
    Getting map and driving directions working good.
    5 way in results window works good.

    Chuck
  16. ambtreo's Avatar
    Posts
    476 Posts
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by chckhbrt
    Hey...

    Thanks for the update on DA for the 700p.

    Dial from app works good.
    Getting map and driving directions working good.
    5 way in results window works good.

    Chuck
    However, 5 way doesn't work in the main screen nore does it work in any of the drill down screens (Residential, Business, etc.) prior to the results screen. I am sure that Rick will figure out how to get the 5 way functionality back.
  17. #17  
    I'm new to the Treo. Love the App. How do I donate? Is there a website?

    wil
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by wrspoon
    I'm new to the Treo. Love the App. How do I donate? Is there a website?

    wil
    Well, you have two choices. You can PayPal ME the money, and I'll make sure it gets to Rick.


    Or, you can click this link to his website and pay him directly. http://home.triad.rr.com/rlwhitt/palm/#da

    Chooose carefully.
  19. #19  
    ^check in the 'About' menu item. One of my favorite apps - a donation every time I change treos is very reasonable.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  20. ink883's Avatar
    Posts
    872 Posts
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by wrspoon
    I'm new to the Treo. Love the App. How do I donate? Is there a website?

    wil
    Here is ricks website and there is a link to his paypay account where you can donate.

    http://home.triad.rr.com/rlwhitt/palm/
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions