1.    #1  
    I have an unusual problem that the techies at Verizon can't seem to figure out, so I thought I'd reach out to you all.

Background: I use an electronic answering service for my medical practice. When a patient calls and leaves a message, the service sends a text message to my Treo, indicating there is a message to pick up. This is automated and there is no human involvement.

I received one such message at 8:27 this morning. However, every five minutes (I've timed it!) since then, I've gotten an identical text message. That's right, up to the time I posted this message, I've gotten a total of 54 messages.

I first did a soft reset on the phone. No love. Deleted all the messages in the Messaging program. No love. I called VZW and they cleared out my text messaging queue. No love. I called the answering service and the only record they have of the text message is the one that was originally sent, and my call in to reply to the original message a few minutes later. No dice. Because this is automated, this isn't a prank.

So, fellow Treo-ites, I ask you, could it be the phone itself? Is there a cache in which this message could reside such that I can flush it myself? I don't recall this being a problem on the 650 (I certainly didn't have this problem on mine!), is it specific to the phone? I am considering doing a hard reset--a major inconvenience, but it may be worth it to free myself of the problem.

Thanks in advance for any help.
    Palm IIIx>Palm Vx>Palm m515>Tungsten T>Tungsten C>Verizon Treo 650
    ................................StarTAC 7868W>Motorola V710>Verizon Treo 650>Treo 700p>Apple iPhone 3G
  2.    #2  
    Brief update: I tried both types of warm reset and again, no love.

Also deleted the "Messages database" and "SMSMessages2" files while in safe mode, but again no luck.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by neuronbob; 06/05/2006 at 12:46 PM.
    ................................StarTAC 7868W>Motorola V710>Verizon Treo 650>Treo 700p>Apple iPhone 3G
  3.    #3  
    The problem seems to have resolved spontaneously as of yesterday PM. I still don't have a good grasp on what happened.

???