Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    http://cgi.ebay.com/PALM-TREO-700-Tr...QQcmdZViewItem

$99 Treo 700p? Too good to be true? Has anyone tried this? They have a 99% positive fedback, but still...

It ends on 6/9/06.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    It's legitimate. I haven't tried it, but I'm not surprised by the offer price considering that most dealers can make pretty good money on a new 2 yr. service agreement; enough to subsidize a 700p down to $99.
    My brother did it on Friday and he was e-mailed his tracking number from FedEx for tomorrow delivery. Will let youknow tomorrow how it went.
    Quote Originally Posted by scrote
    My brother did it on Friday and he was e-mailed his tracking number from FedEx for tomorrow delivery. Will let youknow tomorrow how it went.
    Tell your brother not to change his billing plan before the first billing cycle. If he does, he will be charged the full price. I also believe he is restricted from cancelling service within the first 6 months.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  5.    #5  
    Stroths -

Since you seem to know, are all Sprint plans availible? What about SERO?
    VisorPhone Clone
    From what I read, SERO is not avail from this seller. You have to buy the phone with the plan he provides. Then call Sprint and tell them to change your plan AFTER your 1st billing cycle. Since SERO ends at the end of the month, I don't know if that will cause an issue or not.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    There's not enuff time to play guessing games with the pro's and con's of sero or $99 for ur treo 700p. I think in the long run you'll prob save more money with a $30 sero plan than with a couple of hundred off of ur treo. i'm taking the hit and signing up for the $30 sero plan and then saving up for the 700p.
    If SERO's the end game, I'd avoid dealers/retailers/affiliates that don't offer the SERO plan. Almost all will have the "cannot change plans within 1 month & cannot cancel within 6 months (not even Sprint's 14 days)" restrictions.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I just ordered the $99 700p from Sprintnetwork. It is a 2yr plan and you must take the 1000 minute plan for $60. You can change the plan after 1 month. You get power vision free for the first month. You will be billed after the first month by Sprint for the $99. Seems too good to be true. I should receive it Tuesday or Wednesday.
    Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    It looks to good to be true, but the guys feedback on ebay is good.

He is offering:
    $649.99 Regular Price
    - $150.00 Sprint Discount
    - $ 400.00 Additonal Discount

$ 99.99 Final Price

All you have to do is add an additional line. This is much cheaper than what Sprint has been offering through the retention dept. With the current offer from sprint of $9.99 for an additional line I can keep the new line for the 2 yr contract and still only be paying $330 and I had the extra phone for the kids for 2 years.

Am I issing something? He has a bunch listed.

Here is the ebay link $649.99 Regular Price

Ebay link
    Mike G

Touch (Sprint)
    See here:
    see above post
    [link removed after merged -RB]
    Last edited by ronbo2000; 06/05/2006 at 06:08 PM. Reason: link not needed after merge
  12.    #12  
    This is how it appears to me (all numbers approximat<
    VisorPhone Clone
  13.    #13  
    This is how it appears to me (all numbers approximate for 2 yr 500 min plan with power vision):

Option 1: SERO phone=650 plan=35/mo. cost after 2 yrs=1490

Option 2: OTI phone=350 plan=55/mo. cost after 2 yrs=1670

Option 3: Sprintnetworks phone=100 plan=70/mo. cost after 2 yrs=1780

Did I miss anything?
    VisorPhone Clone
    so sprint bills you for the phone or you have to pay this guy for the phone
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinTurbo350z
    so sprint bills you for the phone or you have to pay this guy for the phone
    yeah..it's legit...I bought my Samsung A900 and new service from them several months ago...you just have to follow the rules otherwise it wont work.

They reimburse you through free monthly service and other features (it does work well, you can always call them to get a better explanation...just email them for the #).

Essentially, you have to get a plan that is $45 or higher for the first month (possibly two months), you can change the plan, but only to a higher plan, if you go lower than $45 then you lose it all...

You have to make sure to keep the same phone (same ESN number on the phone), not change your number, or anything else of significance...wait for all the refunds to come on your sprint bill before you change anything..otherwise they cant do anything.

It simply works where Sprint charges you for the service and the phone, but they will put payments up for your service and other stuff over the course of a month...it will even out to the deal they explain.
    I have been looking into this also and here is a reply I got from them to the question of starting the approval process and that I was going to be a new customer to Sprint and wanted to port my number from Qwest:

Office Hour: (Eastern Standard Time)

10am - 9pm Monday - Thursday

10am - 6pm Friday

Noon - 5pm Saturday

Closed Sunday

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

These exclusive promotions are only available for new Sprint PCS customers,

adding a new line to an existing Sprint PCS account or customers (please read the Note below)

transferring a number from a different carrier to Sprint.

Note: Not for customers who wants to add another line with a new phone to change their current Sprint number to the new phone and transfer the Sprint new number to the old phone. This can be done after 30 days upon activation, however, You will be charged full price for the phone plus activation fee if you cancel the new number

It is not available to existing Sprint customer who wants to:

1) replace their old sprint phone with the new phone

2) upgrade their phone expired Sprint contract

3) purchase the phone outright

4) resign a contract with Sprint

5) transfer a number from Nextel, Qwest, Virgin mobile or Sprint

The pre-approved process is as follows:

1) We have to submit your application to Sprint to be processed.

2) Once it is approved by Sprint, we will notify you with number of

lines Sprint has approved including if any deposit is required.

3) Finally, we will ship the phone directly to the customer within 2 business

days. (Please note: the order needs to be processed by 3pm to receive the

phone next day)

Please call us at 1(888)235-8958 or Reply with your contact phone number to get pre-approved or have any questions

Jim

Sales Team
    Palm 500 > Palm 505 > Palm 550 > Tungsten C > Sony Clie UX50 + several Qwest phones Sprint Sero 700p> Treo 800w
    <merged>
    I just ordered from them as well. I talked to someone on Saturday and today. He said the 700 should be shipped today and will arrive tomorrow. You have to get a separate calling plan ($59.99 minimum) for 30 days, even if you're adding a line. In my case, I have a $100 plan now, adding the phone for $60 for one month, plus $99 for the phone, plus $150 for canceling my other line (under contract) and switching the 700 to my current plan when the month is up... all totaled comes to $310... much better than $650 from Palm. Of course, now I have 2 years and a new phone number, but I can deal with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_mycroft
    This is how it appears to me (all numbers approximate for 2 yr 500 min plan with power vision):

Option 1: SERO phone=650 plan=35/mo. cost after 2 yrs=1490

Option 2: OTI phone=350 plan=55/mo. cost after 2 yrs=1670

Option 3: Sprintnetworks phone=100 plan=70/mo. cost after 2 yrs=1780

Did I miss anything?
    Yup, option 1, they are not offering the 700P with SERO.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Quote Originally Posted by ScaryHumor
    Yup, option 1, they are not offering the 700P with SERO.
    Scary, I don't think he's saying that Sprintnetworks is offering SERO (unless by "they" you mean Sprint in general). He's just listing the various options for getting a 700p. However, there is one fact missing... if you already have a Sprint account, you only have to keep the $60 plan for one month before you switch it to your primary account. In other words, after 1 month the 700 can be used as an "add a phone", which (depending on your plan) will cost anywhere from $0 to $20 a month. That makes it a pretty good deal for existing customers.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast