Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1.    #1  
    I'm "upgrading" from a Kyocera 7135 to the Treo 650 (nope, not the 700p). I have some questions about the cradle and such.

    I hear that the Palm cradle has problems, like not syncing. Is that correct? If it is, are there better ones that are recommended?

    Does the standard USB sync cable that comes with the 650 also charge at the same time? Or, do I need to charge with one cord and switch cords to sync?
  2. #2  
    Get Seidio's cradle. Holds the Treo in any case you have, has a regular speaker jack out, so you can hook up to speakers and play music. It plugs into USB port, but comes with an adapter that lets you plug it into the wall if you're on the road.

    Palm equipment tends to suck nazis thru vacuum cleaners
  3. #3  
    I have had nothing but problems with my Palm cradle. It is a total piece of $#%.

    It does not synch unless I push the phone down hard into the cradle and then slightly tip it forward. It's gotten so annoying I don't even use it any more.
  4. holmes4's Avatar
    Posts
    982 Posts
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    #4  
    I too had problems with the Palm cradle not syncing after a while. The Seidio Innodock cradle is nice.
  5.    #5  
    That's the one here, right:

    http://store.treocentral.com/content.../6-39--329.htm

    Is it awkward pressing the sync button because it is off center?

    p.s., you guys are great!
  6. holmes4's Avatar
    Posts
    982 Posts
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    #6  
    I suppose the button is a bit awkward, but I can still do it one-handed. It requires a firmer push than the Palm model.
  7. #7  
    I had an Insten cradle for T650, it was slow charging through the usb port, but it was not too well made, only had it for 3 months and parts started breaking off from just setting it in the charger. Don't recommend!
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by GivenRandy
    That's the one here, right:

    http://store.treocentral.com/content.../6-39--329.htm

    Is it awkward pressing the sync button because it is off center?

    p.s., you guys are great!
    Yep, that's it.

    As to the sync button. I'm trying to figure out how the off center button could be awkward?

    My cradle is on the left of my monitor. When I reach to hit the sync button with my left hand I grab the base naturally and my thumb falls EXACTLY where the sync button is
  9.    #9  
    Yeah, my is on the right side of my monitor (at work and home) and I'm right-handed, so might be a little more awkward.

    BTW, is the 650 USB 2.0 or 1.1? How about the Seidio?
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by GivenRandy
    Yeah, my is on the right side of my monitor (at work and home) and I'm right-handed, so might be a little more awkward.

    BTW, is the 650 USB 2.0 or 1.1? How about the Seidio?
    With a USB 2.0 cable and a USB 2.0 port, you notice a definite improvement in speed.

    David
    davidsilver@seidio.com
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by GivenRandy
    Yeah, my is on the right side of my monitor (at work and home) and I'm right-handed, so might be a little more awkward.

    BTW, is the 650 USB 2.0 or 1.1? How about the Seidio?
    I'm guessing 1.1 as 2.0 stuff doesn't work on my rig at home, and the cradle does. Then again it might be a PSU problem on my POS 6 year old machine
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio
    With a USB 2.0 cable and a USB 2.0 port, you notice a definite improvement in speed.

    David
    davidsilver@seidio.com
    Isn't the cable part mostly a myth? At least for short distances?

    Edit: follow-up: which comes with the InnoDock? Looks like 1.1 cable?
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by galingula
    I'm guessing 1.1 as 2.0 stuff doesn't work on my rig at home, and the cradle does. Then again it might be a PSU problem on my POS 6 year old machine
    Perhaps. It's more likely that it is 2.0 and is backwards-compatible to 1.1 setups. I'm surprised how sparse the specs are on the Palm website.
  14. #14  
    Very useful information, including the fact that the Seidio cradle will work with virtually any case on the 650. I'm definitely gonna look into this one.

Posting Permissions