1.    #1  
    Hi,

Is it normal for Tomtom to take up to 30 seconds to exit so I can use a different application? It switches very quickly to the incoming phone calls but if I want to go to any other program it "hangs " for quite some time.

I think it has gotten worse over the last few months, the dealy used to be less noticeable.
    I have the 650 and the latest Tomtom version...

Thanks

V
    I've noticed the slow exit as well although I don't believe mine is anywhere close to 30 seconds. Maybe closer to 10. Not sure what causes it. I do have some POI categories that I installed myself and it may be saving those. I've noticed that if TT generates a soft reset, I loose any recent additions to the POIs so it doesn't save them when I enter them. If it is writing to the SD then the card speed and file size would affect the time needed to exit.
    Takes me about 10 seconds to exit TomTom as well. This is the same on my 700p as it was on the 650.
  4.    #4  
    It used to take about 10 seconds but got worse recently. I use the same SD card, no extra POI added. I added and removed a few voices and added a map of Minnesota but these files are very small.