Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Thanks. Agreed. Both Verizon and Sprint knew what I was doing, because I told them. I deceived no one. It was a convenience that saved me time so I could manage my business instead of worrying about Verizon's or Sprint's costs associated with their respective business plans (i.e. 14 day trials).
    BTW - I doubt my actions affected your subscriber costs. What a ridiculous notion.

Gall, stupidity? Give me a break. How about sticking with thread topic?
  2.    #22  
    Verizon does not seem to know what this code is. When I orignailly activated my phone, I was instructed to key in *228 SEND and the phone programmed itself. Is there something else this code is called that may help the tech people track it down? I have tried to call 2 separate times without any luck. Thanks.
    call them and tell them you need to change the ip address on your phone and it is asking for unlock or msl code
    Treoing & Loving it
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    I am amazed at the gall and stupidity of using 5 phones to do a test of reception. You sir only drive the prices up for others. Frankly I hope Verizon catches on to you and doesn't allow you to return the phones and holds you to the plan costs. I am a little tired of people thinking they are entitled to waste others money doing stupid things.

How would you feel to be used like that by one of your customers? I bet you would be angry.
    Wow, this is this is the worst and most child-like post I have ever seen.

The guy is nither "stupid" nor driving up anyone's cost.

this is STANDARD practice with business sevices like sprint and verizon. he was doing them and their customers a favor. large accounts business acounts of five or more are what drives profits, not a zillion seros. It is PERFECTLY acceptable and normal to take a 14 day trial.

the only thing you proved was that you do not understand the wireless business or corporate sales.

It is totally standard to check reception this way. five lines means checking reception in a busienss headquarters, five different homes, as well as a number of different locations.

if you knew sprint or verizon you would know it is STANDARD in fact to offer not 14 days but 30 DAYS trail period for business accounts because of this.

business accounts are the most profitable, the guy you are complaining about is DOING you as a consumer account a favor.
    Quote Originally Posted by aero

this is STANDARD practice with business sevices like sprint and verizon. he was doing them and their customers a favor. large accounts business acounts of five or more are what drives profits, not a zillion seros. It is PERFECTLY acceptable and normal to take a 14 day trial.

the only thing you proved was that you do not understand the wireless business or corporate sales.

It is totally standard to check reception this way. five lines means checking reception in a busienss headquarters, five different homes, as well as a number of different locations.

if you knew sprint or verizon you would know it is STANDARD in fact to offer not 14 days but 30 DAYS trail period for business accounts because of this.

business accounts are the most profitable, the guy you are complaining about is DOING you as a consumer account a favor.

I think I'm going to have to side with Gharrod on this one. While I can't necessarily agree that it's stupid, it does drive up costs. The return policy isn't there as a courtesy to you, it's there so that those companies can be competitive. Who are you more likely to sign a 2 year contract with, a company a return policy, or a company that if you don't like it well @%#$ you? Those five phones can't be sold as brand new now, and that does drive up costs. Also prices of plans will be higher to make up for all returns/cancelled agreements (that includes all returns/cancellations). It's standard business practice to jack up the price to make up for these losses. So therefore Gharrod is correct. Again, I'm not saying that anyone that tests a phone first is stupid. I think it can be acceptable in some cases. As far as whether or not business accounts are more profitable. Well it depends on the context in which you look at it. One business account tends to be more profitable than one cosumer account. However, there are just as many cosumer customers as there are business customers, and both markets are growing. In fact, the two markets are starting to merge. In addition to this, many corportations don't purchase phones for their employees, but rather just reimburse their employees for their cell phone bill.

And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...
    Quote Originally Posted by 77d7
    So you would recommend Verizon refuse to honor their stated return policy?

I moved a family plan from Cingular to Tmobile. All four lines. Found out the reception wasn't even remotely tolerable in my area, and switched from there to Sprint. Did I do something wrong, too? Should I have just tried it myself, and left my grandma to deal with not having reception at her house, because it worked OK for me? Or have to split up the family plan because all four people on the plan didn't try it out at the same time, and now the trial period has passed on some lines but not others? I guess I shouldn't have tried Tmobile's service for all four of my family members, either... sheesh.

There is a reason they have the 14-day return policy, and taking the opportunity to test the service on all applicable lines (I doubt he was carrying five phones in his own pocket at all times) is not unreasonable and is, indeed, the whole point of having the policy.
    Oh, yeah, that would make sense if the coverage was different for the different lines but it isn't. DUH!! Please take your business to a carrier I am not using becase I hate paying higher prices because you are stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by OnceUponAn00b
    I think I'm going to have to side with Gharrod on this one. While I can't necessarily agree that it's stupid, it does drive up costs. The return policy isn't there as a courtesy to you, it's there so that those companies can be competitive. Who are you more likely to sign a 2 year contract with, a company a return policy, or a company that if you don't like it well @%#$ you? Those five phones can't be sold as brand new now, and that does drive up costs. Also prices of plans will be higher to make up for all returns/cancelled agreements (that includes all returns/cancellations). It's standard business practice to jack up the price to make up for these losses. So therefore Gharrod is correct. Again, I'm not saying that anyone that tests a phone first is stupid. I think it can be acceptable in some cases. As far as whether or not business accounts are more profitable. Well it depends on the context in which you look at it. One business account tends to be more profitable than one cosumer account. However, there are just as many cosumer customers as there are business customers, and both markets are growing. In fact, the two markets are starting to merge. In addition to this, many corportations don't purchase phones for their employees, but rather just reimburse their employees for their cell phone bill.
    Testing a phone is not stupid, it is smart. Wasting 5 new pieces of equipment is.
    Quote Originally Posted by aero

aero, change your diaper then come back and we can talk about it. This guy could have tested one device. Five is just rediculous.

People this is common sense. Maybe I am wrong in assuming that common sense is not a rare commodity these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by duckhunter
    Thanks. Agreed. Both Verizon and Sprint knew what I was doing, because I told them. I deceived no one. It was a convenience that saved me time so I could manage my business instead of worrying about Verizon's or Sprint's costs associated with their respective business plans (i.e. 14 day trials).
    BTW - I doubt my actions affected your subscriber costs. What a ridiculous notion.

Gall, stupidity? Give me a break. How about sticking with thread topic?
    This is the thread topic. You took 10 phones that retail for a total of about $6500 and now want to return half of them because you couldn't make a decision before purchase? And you told both of them that you would be returning all devices? Sorry but this stinks.
    This is the thread topic. You took 10 phones that retail for a total of about $6500 and now want to return half of them because you couldn't make a decision before purchase? And you told both of them that you would be returning all devices? Sorry but this stinks.
    You have no clue what you're talking about, do you? Actually, that's not a question: you have no clue what you're talking about.
    Oh, yeah, that would make sense if the coverage was different for the different lines but it isn't. DUH!! Please take your business to a carrier I am not using becase I hate paying higher prices because you are stupid.
    What a high level of intellect and maturity you bring to this forum! I didn't realize who I was speaking to. I'll leave you to have your little crybaby fit now.
    Reading comprehension 101: thread topic is "Zero Out 700P", not your infantile rants about a company's return policies and whether or not someone has the right to actually have every person that are paying for actually test the service where THEY live and work before committing to a 2yr contract. So yes, you are off topic.

Now where is that ignore button on this forum...
    Meanwhile, down at the outhouse, things are piling up and I'm still trying to figure out how to do the reset as well. Get real, guys.
    In addition to the fact that he told reps (i.e. people who could care less how much money Sprint/Verizon makes as long as they get their paycheck), not the corporate executives who would have been very wary to make such a "sale". Using the logic that I have seen on this thread, you should buy 1000 units from each carrier when you are intending to buy for 1000 employees because they might be in 1000 different locations, since they don't all live in the same house. Testing one phone for each carrier is acceptable. This would give you a baseline that you could then compare to each carriers coverage map to determine the coverage. Yes, I know it's not exact, but neither is using a 10000 phones, unless you can cover every square inch of the entire area that you might travel.

And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...
    aero, change your diaper then come back and we can talk about it. This guy could have tested one device. Five is just rediculous.

People this is common sense. Maybe I am wrong in assuming that common sense is not a rare commodity these days.
    I guess if you are a marxist this doesnt make sense.

A five acccoutn lien is what pays sprints bills not one accoutn liens.

NO vendor of emontlhy services doesnt offer a trail period -- equipment or not -- on busness accounts.

You just cant get over the plain fact that you made a silly accusation against a person who lowers your sprint bills not raises them.

you went off topic and showed you dont understand mobile service or business services.

as far as the handsets being used that betrays a total lack of knowledge.
    Quote Originally Posted by 77d7
    Reading comprehension 101: thread topic is "Zero Out 700P", not your infantile rants about a company's return policies and whether or not someone has the right to actually have every person that are paying for actually test the service where THEY live and work before committing to a 2yr contract. So yes, you are off topic.

Now where is that ignore button on this forum...
    kudos to you, you have it exactly right. don't sweat people who slept through business 101.

the poster who is going off on the chidlish rant would be aghast if he didn't get a 14 day option on his one phone and possible two year committment, yet he doesnt unferstand that business users like yourself art the ones who keep the costs down for everyone by having five times the profit for the carriers.
    Cool it off, people! If you cannot talk to each civilized manner, don't post at all! Thread closed.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12