Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Anyone know of a fax receive software for the Treo?

Along a similar line, has anyone used the Acid Image or In Step Print software?

Thanks in advance.
    You can subscribe to eFax - www.efax.com - (faxes sent as e-mail attachments)
    Elect to receive your faxes as .a tiff file
    Open the files with any tiff viewer, such as AcidImage Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by igrover
    Anyone know of a fax receive software for the Treo?
    CS Fax
    I used efax as well.
    Treo700.us is now WinMobee.com. Soon to be a great resource site for all Windows Mobile phones.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for the update. As a noobie, I have another question: if I use a program such as CS Fax to receive faxes directly to the Treo, can the Treo automatically distinguish between an incoming fax and incoming voice, or do you have to specify one or the other?

Thanks again.
    Mine just come in via email. I'm not sure how that CS Fax works.
    Treo700.us is now WinMobee.com. Soon to be a great resource site for all Windows Mobile phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzo
    You can subscribe to eFax - www.efax.com - (faxes sent as e-mail attachments)
    Elect to receive your faxes as .a tiff file
    Open the files with any tiff viewer, such as AcidImage Pro
    Tazzo, Where do you elect to receive the fax as a TIFF Image in efax?

650 GSM Unlocked
    Cingular
    Open your Efax Manager, then click on Update Preferences, then under Account Details click on View / edit receive preferences, then click on Fax Options. On that page there is Fax File Format which is a dropdown containing PDF, EFX, and TIF.
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $you$ $can$'$t$ $receive$ $proper$ $faxes$ $on$ $your$ $treo$. $You$ $have$ $to$ $have$ $them$ $received$ $elsewhere$ $and$ $then$ $sent$ $to$ $you$ ($like$ $Efax$).
    It is an option with your eFax account.
  11. 2yd
    Take a look at maxemail.com if you're comparing services.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    I have a PC server take the fax using FaxTalk Messenger Pro and then email it to me in PDF.
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    I recommend K7.net over efax. I got a lot of junk faxes w/ efax and it was annoying. K7 sends it to your email in TIFF format only and NO JUNK FAXES. Can't be simpler than that.
    Palm IIIxe > Palm Vx > Tungsten T|3 > Unlocked Cingular Treo 650 on T-Mo

Favorite Apps: zLauncher (To run apps from SD card), Butler (MUST HAVE), Pocket Quicken, TCPMP, Profiles (Smarter than the Silent Mode switch on the top), MiniTones (to assign Mp3 Ringtones), SplashID, pTunes, VoicePad & NotePad (from a Lifedrive), HS Extension 2.0 Hack, TreoNaviText.
    You are correct! I receive a LOT of junk faxes via eFax. It has become a real problem.
    The only thing to watch out for with K7.net is that they may cancel your free fax/voicemail number if it is inactive for more than 30 days (or so I hear).
  16.    #16  
    CS Fax says their softwar allows for sending/receiving of faxes directly from the Treo.

Can anyone confirm this?
    A Yahoo search will bring up various links like this.

http://www.everythingtreo.com/forum/...html#post19437

The web site is quite clear:

"Fax documents directly from your handheld! CS Fax lets you receive faxes while you're on the go, view faxes on your handheld, sign them and send them out again, or even communicate ideas quickly with an inserted drawing. Save time and money with the power to fax wherever you are.

CS Fax is a true PalmOS fax solution! No gateways, no gimmicks, no email 'wrappers' or 'fax account' monthly fees, and no other apps needed to create a fax. -- CS Fax is the closest thing to turning your Palm into a standalone Fax machine."
    You can download the trial and actually prove it to yourself before investing any money.
    I have downloaded the trial version of the software and the Palm tells me that Serial Port Could not be found? WTF man? I bought this thing because of its fax capabilities, any help would be tryuly appreciated as I am leaving town in a couple of days and I need to fix this before I leave town
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    I can confirm that CS Fax does work... The only thing you can't attach documents to send...
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    I am using Myfax.co comes as PDF or tiff $10 a month, with an 800 number sends and recieves.

Recieve only, i might suggest Packtel comes in Tiff format $3.95 MONTHLY unlimited with a number supplied to you

CS fax I was being charged by Sprint per fax , it was called something else on my inv but gave that up, and attaching documents is very important for alot people.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast