1.    #1  
    Goodguy. I am in Canada for the next few days and was having a discussion with a co-worker using the cingular 8125 and goodlink. he said to me that when he travels he uses the wi-fi connection of his device to power goodlink by connecting to a nearby wireless router and then having goodlink work "online". he said the only trick is that the phone service has to be on (not flight mode), but the gprs is turned off and the wi-fi is turned on. he says this allows him to sync up GL without getting charged roaming data charges. I wanted to know if this is necessarily true because it seems a little interesting that the phone/voice has to be turned on for it to work. he said that since the wi-fi connection is showing and that the phone can't run gprs while the wi-fi is connected he's sure that it's not using cingular data charges. my question is does GL have to somehow turn gprs on for the moment in order to send/recv even though to him he still sees the wi-fi icon showing. does gl only work through the gprs or is it just that the imei/sim # has to be read by GL and then it just uses whatever data acess that seems to be on and working at the moment.
    Waynew73

(m105 => IIIxe => VIIx =>Tungsten T => i705 => Treo 600 => T-MO MDA => HTC Tytn = HTC Tilt & T-MO Dash => HTC TouchPro & HTC S740 => Palm Pre)
    Man, I've spent a lot of money and time on these things!!
  2.    #2  
    Goodguy, any thoughts on this?
    Waynew73

(m105 => IIIxe => VIIx =>Tungsten T => i705 => Treo 600 => T-MO MDA => HTC Tytn = HTC Tilt & T-MO Dash => HTC TouchPro & HTC S740 => Palm Pre)
    Man, I've spent a lot of money and time on these things!!