1.    #1  
    I have Verichat on Treo 650 & it is reseting the phone every 15 minutes or so - ALL DAY LONG as long as the app is "on". It happens when I am in standby mode. I close Verichat & no more resets. This is why the damn Treo drives me up the wall!!! There are so many little bugs with no explanation or fix from Palm. They just suggest "oh it is some software on your Treo - do a hard reset.". Well then don't sell a damn phone where you can load software!!!! I hate this ish! This is where Blackberry is miles ahead. ANyone have this problem or a fix????
    Wow that's f*cked up, I have a Sprint 650 w/Verichat & no problems at all. Did you email the developer? Also do a search I remember seeing a few threads on this..Good Luck, sorry I wasn't much help.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Are you using the most recent (though still pretty old) version 2.89b? Are you in standby mode with SMS or data? Are you using Chatter by any chance?
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
  4.    #4  
    using chatter, sms mode, 2.89b. I am waiting for my Treo 700 & will reinstall fresh. But this is ridiculous!!
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    using chatter, sms mode, 2.89b. I am waiting for my Treo 700 & will reinstall fresh. But this is ridiculous!!
    The 700p wont solve your VeriChat issues. VeriChat has been very unstable on the 700p. There is another thread regarding this, and indication from PDAApps is that they are aware of problems but have no ETA for a fix.

I too am using 2.89b and the most recent beta of Chatter, which is rc6 and have no stability issues on my Sprint 650. I have VeriChat set to always on via SMS, and Chatter running with one IMAP mailbox online. If you have not already done so, install the most recent Chatter beta and see if that helps.
    Last edited by cgordonn; 06/05/2006 at 04:45 PM.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    always be Honolulu, HI
    Verichat simply doesn't work on the 700.
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeElmendorf
    Verichat simply doesn't work on the 700.
    You still holding on to your 700 Mike? I UPS'ed mine back to Palm today and am back to using my trusty 650.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    always be Honolulu, HI
    I would back up everything and hard reset. This has become part of life every six months or so. I have Verichat and chatter running without any reset problems. I have used both since I got my 650 in Feb last year. I have had both applications since thier inceptions. I agree it is very frustrating. I am currently dealing with the double/triple click issue.
    Treoneo - try the following things:
    - using RLocker, lock all VeriChat applications
    - Using FileZ, Resco Explorer, etc. delete Messages Database (this will delete all your SMSes, so maybe back it up first)
    - open the SMS app, and under Options->Preferences->Chat set "Create chats from messages:" to "Never"

making these changes has made VeriChat much more stable for me. Also, I delete the Messages Database routinely (once a week). I posted all this in another thread, but I believe the culprit is actually the Treo SMS app. I believe it gets into contention with VeriChat for the received messages. Also, I've found that, even for non-VeriChat users, the SMS database gets corrupted frequently.
    VeriChat has crashed on me twice.... Once when I was in the prefs and someone IMed me, once when I had just dropped down the menus and I got an IM. I figure both events threw it a bit.

Otherwise, never.. Must be something else interfering.. and I have a BUNCH of junk on my Treo.
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    I also run VeriChat and Chatter. Things I've found that minimize resets are, after a hard reset when reloading software make sure VeriChat is loaded last, and always make sure I get off the VeriChat screen before powering off. (I don't have any quantitative data so this all may be the equivalent of "throw salt over your shoulder" ... but I do think it helps). It still resets an average of once/day.
    The way I solved my reset problems in Verichat was by changing to Causerie. really..

I certainly don't want to drop chatter, and I want some always on IM capability. Causerie works well and doesn't cause multiple resets a day. (I hear it is less stable in SMS mode though).

P.S. Why are you blaming Palm for Verichat's instability?
  13.    #13  
    thanx for the help guys. I have a 700 now, so this is moot point