1.    #1  
    My wife is using my old Treo 600. It is a 3 year old Treo and was not used bad.
    Now when we plug it to the AC adaptor, its light is going from red to green, green to red continuously. It doesn't seem to charge.
    i.e it begings from %29 and charges (continuous red for a while) up to %33, then begins red-green-red and does not increase the charge.

I made a hard reset and this situation did not change.
    Is it the battery ?

If so, is there a way to change the internal battery ? (I have a backup battery for Treo 650)
    Time to buy your wife a new phone instead of your old hand-me-downs
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  3.    #3  
    thanks

is there a solid proof that the battery or phone is not working ?
    which one is the problem ?
    if it is the battery then I can change it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilkeraktuna
    My wife is using my old Treo 600. It is a 3 year old Treo and was not used bad.
    Now when we plug it to the AC adaptor, its light is going from red to green, green to red continuously. It doesn't seem to charge.
    i.e it begings from %29 and charges (continuous red for a while) up to %33, then begins red-green-red and does not increase the charge.

I made a hard reset and this situation did not change.
    Is it the battery ?

If so, is there a way to change the internal battery ? (I have a backup battery for Treo 650)
    Yes, you need to change the battery. Search this forum for 'battery replacement.' I changed mine after two and a half years. Hope you're not timid about opening up your 600 - just follow directions and you'll be fine. I'm also handing down my 600 to my 15-yr old son - he's so excited.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  5.    #5  

thank you ChemEngr.

I opened it up. I'm afraid my backup treo 650 battery is not fitting this one.
    So we'll have to purchase a new battery.
    I just want to be sure; that the problem is batter and not the Treo itself, before purchasing a new battery.
    Are you sure that red-green-red-green means battery not chargng ?

Thanks
    I'd say 90% sure. The battery is not holding a charge. Actually, try a battery reset - careful that you have a backup app since this is like a hard reset. Search for "battery reset' on this forum.

This is the battery I got - comes with torx wrench and prying tool. One year warranty. PDAparts also sells one but only 30 or 90 day warranty - bad user experience (short life and customer service) reported on this board.

Good luck.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!