1.    #1  
    This is a quick fill in for the loved DA.prc. I had a Treo 650 for about two days then the BT radio crapped out. In that short time I fell in love with that app. I have had many problems with it since I returned my 650 and upgraded to the 700p. This is by no means a replacement or any kind of jab at Rick. His app does have more features than this one does. I thank him for his work on that app. It just bugged me that I could no longer use the nav buttons and the residential listings never came back for me. So I whipped this app up very quickly mind you. It still uses YP.com but it will use data time and Blazer for the results. This app is meant to lessen the sting until Rick updates his app. Thank you Rick for all the work you do. To use the app install and tap one of the buttons for the choices. Once you get to the search screen add the data and tap the number to dial. When the call is over just say yes to the prompt to save this number as a new contact that pops up on the 700p. This app can be used on any Palm device OS 5.2 and up You will need a data connection and Blazer to use this app.

You can find my app here. Easiest to download it on the Treo.
    Directory Service for the 700p
    Palm Pro > Plam VII > m130 > T3 > T5 > LifeDrive > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > 700w
    Holly crap who knew these Treo thingys were so cool!
  2.    #2  
    I forgot to mention this is freeware also.
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    any chance of you posting some screen shots of the application in use?
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
  4.    #4  
    Sure Jsut give me a few minutes to mak'em
  5.    #5  
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Thank you! Looks nice.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
  7.    #7  
    You bet I hope it is usefull to someone besides me.
    Thanks for posting this. I will use this until the 700p version of directory assistant comes out.

Rick is aware of the problem with DA and the 700p and will be working on it according to his support forum.

http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/forum...s=&forumid=154
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths
    Thanks for posting this. I will use this until the 700p version of directory assistant comes out.

Rick is aware of the problem with DA and the 700p and will be working on it according to his support forum.

http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/forum...s=&forumid=154
    You bet. Like I said, can't wait for DA to be updated but at least this is a differnt format the mean time. Thanks for the post.
    700pInIt
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    +I give you kudos for supporting Rick and his program and for the way you present this option.
    I see so many folks who just try to rip stuff off now a days. Refreshing. Thanx
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by pump142
    +I give you kudos for supporting Rick and his program and for the way you present this option.
    I see so many folks who just try to rip stuff off now a days. Refreshing. Thanx
    DA is an awsome app. No need to reinvent the wheel. He did a great job. The first time I used the app I told my wife why doesen't every phone come with this? Thanks for the words. I absolutly do not want to step on Ricks toes in any way. I am sure he builds more apps than I do, so I probably have a little more time to update mine.
    Thanks
    700pinIt
    Last edited by 700pInIt; 06/05/2006 at 10:42 AM. Reason: can't type
    What about using On Demand? It has these same DA functions and it looks like the driving directions is the only DA function that won't remain free, right?

BTW - I love DA. It served me well on my 650 and I'd enjoy using it on my 700p too. But isn't there significant overlap with On Demand?
    Motorola Startac → Samsung SCH-8500 → SonyEricsson T608 → Treo 650 → Treo 700p
    DA has been updated for the 700p. See this thread here:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=116412

700pInIt, thanks for giving us an alternative.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  14.    #14  
    You bet I hope DA is up and runnin soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by 700pInIt
    You bet I hope DA is up and runnin soon.
    Running 3.32 b2 on my Treo now. DA, I'm happy to report, is running quite nicely (and VERY FAST over the nice new speedy EVDO).
  16.    #16  
    I still can't get DA main form to work with the 5 way nav buttons. Rick is working on it tho. Hope to see it soon.
    700pInIt
    For those of you who are Agendus users - the beta for Version 11 includes DA like functionality. It is called "Power Search 411"

It will let you look up a person or a phone number, it does not seem to have the reverse number look up - which is my favorite part of DA (when I get just a number show up on my Treo). No driving directions either.
    Thanks,

Mark

Palm III > Palm Vx > Sony Clie PEG760N > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650
    http://portal.treobits.com/index.php...ingle&ide=2411

Includes link to d/l DA Beta for 700p
  19.    #19  
    Everyone Please check this topic out for the newest news on DA beta release.
    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=116412
    Thanks
    700pInIt