Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin
    What additional funcitonality? If DTG is in ROM, what beenfit from the tool?
    Been thinking about this, it should allow one to move DtoG components
    from the Flash to the SD card, nothing to do with ROM.

In addition, it also has "Delete Database", "Delete Temp Database", individual
    components deletion and movement to SD...
    So I have been trying all afternoon, DTG 8.003 freezes during hotsync, dataviz's solution is uninstall palmone and dataviz off the laptop and reinstall, i did that but it did not work. Help please.

http://support.dataviz.com/support.srch?docid=13623
    Treoing & Loving it
    No love here, here is the offical word from Dataviz
    "10. When will Documents To Go Support Office 2007 Formats?
    The 2007 Microsoft Office system Beta is released for evaluation and planning purposes only. Microsoft states this beta release is not appropriate for production use. While we do not know exactly when Microsoft will officially release Office 2007, we will do our best to offer Office 2007 support within Documents To Go when Microsoft does release Office 2007 or shortly thereafter. If you would like to be contacted once Documents To Go supports the 2007 formats please request "Office 2007 Support" on our feedback form."
    Treoing & Loving it
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex
    All programs run from the RAM... even the ROM version is first copied
    to the RAM first...

Hmmm....are you sure about that? As I recall reading somewhere, the rom on the 700p is stored on strataflash directly on the intel scale. The strataflash is supposedly NOR instead of Nand based which supports XIP (execute in place). Thus, the files in Rom (NOR) should not have to be copied to ram to exceute...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Go here and make sure you also delete any docs to go from the sd card.
    Go to: www.dataviz.com/handheldapps
    Quote Originally Posted by cue79
    So let's say we need to read password protected file - when do you think we'll see an update from them? By putting more apps (especially by 3rd party developers) into ROM, they are "asking for it" when it comes to updates. Pocket tunes, Kinoma, everything is going to require updates... Putting things in ram to supplemental stuff in ROM is - well it's unacceptable.
    So you'd rather they leave the ROM empty? I mean, what do you want?

Isn't it nice to have stuff in ROM, so if you hard reset or have to replace your device, you aren't dead in the water with applications?
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dgilman
    So you'd rather they leave the ROM empty? I mean, what do you want?

Isn't it nice to have stuff in ROM, so if you hard reset or have to replace your device, you aren't dead in the water with applications?
    No, but I'd like a firmware update that addresses the updates to software - or at least a damn schedule. We all know that software is updated, and that new releases are common. The one thing we never get is a schedule as to when we'll see a ROM upgrade come from Palm / Sprint / whoever. When you release a device with old software on it, it's understood (at least to most out there) that there will be a firmware update, or some form of communication about one in the near future. When I buy a Dell computer with missing Windows updates, the first thing I do is go online and make those changes. Granted, it's not the "same" thing, but if they plan on bundling software in the CORE UNWRITIABLE SECTION of the OS, then yes - I want updates.

Palm could have just as easily made a compressed image in ROM that would decompress to ram on Hard Reset. Then, if users updated the software, it wouldn't be a waste of space. But they didn't. So there! http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...ies/tongue.gif
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12