Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I've been reading the forums since before the Treo 650 came out. I would appreciate any help/insight. Here's my situation:

I have two email accounts linked to my Outlook (one IMAP and other POP3). I like to have everything documented so I'd like to have everything documented (including sent mail). Is there any way to get my email to my Spring Treo 700 and still have it synched with my Outlook? So when I receive an email on my Treo and reply, it will also show up in my "sent" folder in my Outlook. Is this at all possible?

Any help/insights would be greatly appreciated - I've read and searched for a pretty long time. Thanks in advance!
    That's an IMAP thing and can be done even without Outlook. Have you looked at ChatterEmail?

Ben
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I have looked into chatter but i really don't need push. The reason why I ask aobut this is because even when I send messages from my webmail on IMAP, what I send isn't seen in my "sent" folder in Outlook. If I were to use Versamail, would what I send also "synch" to my sent folder in Outlook?

Thanks again!!
    Chatter does IMAP right (Versamail does not) and is not only for "push". Heck Chatter will do POP too.

I had the same problem when trying to do IMAP with Versamail. I could get all of the folders sync'ed EXCEPT the "Sent" folder. What I ended up doing was setting up Versamail to "BCC" my email address when sending on the 650 and then I set up a Rule in Outlook to move these emails to the "Sent" folder when they came in to Outlook. That's a work around - or you buy Chatter (which I have not done yet because my email volume is not that high yet on the Treo - I am still at my desk most of the day).
    I've been trying out Agendus SSL Mail and like it. It supports POP3 and IMAP. It works quickly, easy to set up, easy to configure. Only downside is price, but it might be worth a look. Here's the link:

http://www.iambic.com/emailssl/palmos/

It does synch inbox/sent items folders. Have not tried multiple folders, but it appears to synch any folder that's a subfolder of the "Inbox".
    Brent
    T650 on Sprint's Wireless Wonder
    Quote Originally Posted by bheuss
    I've been trying out Agendus SSL Mail and like it. It supports POP3 and IMAP. It works quickly, easy to set up, easy to configure. Only downside is price, but it might be worth a look. Here's the link:

http://www.iambic.com/emailssl/palmos/

It does synch inbox/sent items folders. Have not tried multiple folders, but it appears to synch any folder that's a subfolder of the "Inbox".
    Brent - have you used any of the others (Chatter or Snapper)? This is a little pricey, but heck, they are throwing in Agendus Professional for free with the purchase. I was pretty sure I was going to get Chatter a little later on, but the Agendus w/the Agendus Pro combo looks interesting.

Thanks - bt

(OK - after looking further - Agendus Pro is a Palm Desktop replacement. I use Outlook, so I would not need Agendua Pro - right?)
    Last edited by bubbatex; 06/05/2006 at 01:51 PM.
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbatex
    Brent - have you used any of the others (Chatter or Snapper)? This is a little pricey, but heck, they are throwing in Agendus Professional for free with the purchase. I was pretty sure I was going to get Chatter a little later on, but the Agendus w/the Agendus Pro combo looks interesting.

Thanks - bt

(OK - after looking further - Agendus Pro is a Palm Desktop replacement. I use Outlook, so I would not need Agendua Pro - right?)
    No Agendus for Windows is an add-in for Outlook.
    yep, did a little more homework and found that out - and I downloaded a trial of Agendus Pro. I don't need it.
    Agendus Pro and Standard are Outlook add-ins. I've been using Agendus standard and really like it. Works better for me than the Treo's native calendar program. Not sure I need or want Pro.

Agendus Mail SSL, though, is something I really like. Supports multiple accounts, downloads/sends from each account simultaneously, and synchs everything seemlessly with Outlook. So the messages that I download, read, and reply to during the day don't get downloaded into Outlook. Only the messages I haven't read get downloaded from the POP accounts. I subscribe to multiple listservs on a variety of topics, so this has been very handy.

But they all get synched into the right folders in Outlook. It's very nice, easy, and simple. Setup was easy and no problems with Gmail ports/SSL issues. Mail seems to be setup to handle that.

I haven't tried Chatter or Snapper. I was just tooling around Iambic's site and saw an update for their mail app and thought I'd give it a whirl. It's pretty close to what I've been looking for.
    Brent
    T650 on Sprint's Wireless Wonder
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Thanks guys!! I'm going to try Versamail and BCC myself then setup the Outlook Rule. I'm hoping Versamail will be good enough and won't cause problems.