Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    is something wrong with Sprint SMS? Delivery is taking upward of several hours.

Never had this problem on my 650 and regular vision.

The 700p and power vision are basically a "no sms" zone.

Weird....
    I've had this problem on other Sprint phones. Once it gets to the network, it has nothing to do with your phone. Don't blame the phone, blame the service. That's like blaming your television when your cable service goes out.

And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...
    I don't know if the phone is responsible, but I'm having same problem with my 700p (sprint). I didn't have this issue with my A900. Anybody else? Tips?
    I noticed a slowdown, but I just came from Cingular and figured it was a Sprint issue. Even when I would send them from the web interface to my phone, it was slower than Cingular was.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    yeah mine is slow on the 650 right now...sometimes i get the texts real late
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    My wife and I just switched to Sprint and both have 700Ps. I sent her an SMS and she got it instantly. It's faster than I'm used to.
    My 2, it's all I can spare
    Treo 270 Treo 600 Treo 700P *** Unmentionable *** Pre {rooted}
    yep, in the last week it's certainly been slow...sometimes, though, not always. very weird
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
    no problems here with my sms im on sprint, maybe its a network issue i dont thik the phone has nothing to do with it, slow txt sometimes happens to me once in a blue moon no big deal .
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rick2203
    slow txt sometimes happens to me once in a blue moon no big deal .
    I have the same experience, nothing to worry about.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
  10.    #10  
    well it is something to worry about if you are using Verichat. late SMS is a killer.

i'm still see 8-24 hour delays, plus lost messages.

While I agree that it's not likely the phone, it is odd that my other phones have no issue, but the 700p does.
    if you are seeing 8hr delays on a txt then certainly there is something going on with the network, i had an 8 hr delay 2 weeks ago and it was something going on with sprint, i rarely get sms problems, when i send a txt the person receives it within a few seconds, same when i receive.
    It is the network and not the phone. Also depends on your location. So far so good here, all messages coming through just fine.
    Just had about a 2 second delay between Sprint and Cingular. Multiple messages received and sent.
    Mine seems pretty much instant. I had LOTS of problems with very late or never received texts while I was with T-Mobile.

I'm happy with my 500 free texts
    If your phone isn't sending a message for 8-24 hours then it would be a phone issue, but if it's sending it right then and there, it's a network issue. The fact that it is happening now that you have a 700p is just a coincidence. It's possible that for what ever reason your number is having problems right now.

And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...
    Sort of random...but I love how txt msgs are saved as conversations

-t
    Treo 700p -->> 755p
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo, MD
    Sort of random...but I love how txt msgs are saved as conversations

-t
    yes i think that is one of the best features of the treo for someone like me that averages 4,200 txts a month
    I'm really happy that I am now able to receive a SMS while on the phone with the 700p. I received one from someone while on hold for another call, and I was able to respond back which was important. Couldn't do that with the 650!!
    ^ I'm sure you could because the 600 did.
    Last edited by ChemEngr; 06/06/2006 at 03:41 PM.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by lawilson2
    I'm really happy that I am now able to receive a SMS while on the phone with the 700p. I received one from someone while on hold for another call, and I was able to respond back which was important. Couldn't do that with the 650!!
    i was always able to send and receive txt while on the phone on my 650 , well i've always been with sprint maybe you have a diff carrier
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast