Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by rick2203
    i was always able to send and receive txt while on the phone on my 650 , well i've always been with sprint maybe you have a diff carrier
    This is a thread about Sprint, no? I do have Sprint, and it never happened. I would be on the phone for an hour, and when I get off, then all of the SMS's come through.
    This has happened to me numerous times with my 650. I've called Sprint on it a few times. "It's the network" Some of my texts wouldn't get to people until a few hours later.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Well, nobody ever called Sprint "the most reliable network"

And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...
    Quote Originally Posted by lawilson2
    This is a thread about Sprint, no? I do have Sprint, and it never happened. I would be on the phone for an hour, and when I get off, then all of the SMS's come through.
    Are you possibly using a 3rd party app that silences alerts while on a call? TreoGuard does this.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    I do use Treoguard, but it's always been set to only silence alerts when I'm not on my headset so they don't blare in my ear while I'm talking. My settings are identical now as when I had the 650; didn't work then, but perhaps something in the 700p makes it work now. That's history anyway, I'm just happy that it works finally!!!
    One thing I've noticed when sending SMS is sometimes the phone itself gets really slow. It would take up to around 30 seconds to send an SMS, otherwise it sits on "Sending Message". It will eventually say "Message Sent" tho. Usually a soft reset fixes that.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
  7.    #27  
    I am using no 3rd party apps that would mess up sms.

now, I get no sms at all for 2 days...big problem...sending works, receiving does not.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    I am using no 3rd party apps that would mess up sms.

now, I get no sms at all for 2 days...big problem...sending works, receiving does not.
    You really need to get this worked out with Sprint. This is unacceptable for as much as they charge per month for text messaging. You should call customer service. If they give you a problem with "it's just the network", then demand to speak with retentions. Retentions should be able to help you out if customer care can't, as long as you tell them you are quite displeased with this, and that it may cause you to think about switching to another carrier.

And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I have just started having this problem today. Haven't got a text message in well over 6 hours, even though many have been sent. I can send them out just fine. That really seems like a phone or software issue, and the other person has a 650 and can send and recieve without issue.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Hey,

Are any of you, by chance using Chatter?

I tried it for the first time today, and that is when my problems with SMS started. So on a whim I uninstalled it and lo and behold I was able to get texts again.

Could be a coincidence, but I thought I would at least throw it out there.

J
    The Sprint sms has been very erratic for me since I've been on Sprint. Have people claiming they sent me a sms and I don't get it til 4 in the morning (what a wonderful time!) Some never come through.

What's worse is that you (and the people who send you an sms) are charged for sending (and receiving in some cases) even if your message never makes it. There needs to be a definitive confirmation that is included in the cost of each msg. sent, before you are charged and also to confirm your msg made it.

THe ultimate is that YOU ARE CHARGED for sending an SMS to a nonworking phone or a phone account which is not to receive sms--and you'll never know it.

I called Sprint cust. svc. a couple times and they traced the SMS and said the delay wasn't due to their network, rather it took a long time to even reach their network from VZW in that 4am case. All SMS are routed through a 3rd party intermediary. Apparently their fault.

SMS is over priced for as unreliable as it is.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12