Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Not sure if this is documented, but I thought I'd share it in case it wasn't. Playing around with the phone today I found a way to quickly dim (but not turn off) the sceen. Hit the option button then the menu button. Do this again and the screen will get bright again. Not sure how useful this is, but maybe it will be for someone...
    Twitter: @dvdmon

Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    This is very handy, and yes it is documented on your treo.

Seach under the "My Treo" app and it will be mentioned.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdmon
    Not sure if this is documented, but I thought I'd share it in case it wasn't. Playing around with the phone today I found a way to quickly dim (but not turn off) the sceen. Hit the option button then the menu button. Do this again and the screen will get bright again. Not sure how useful this is, but maybe it will be for someone...
    Nice find! Not sure when I'm gonna use it either...but very interesting!

-t
    Treo 700p -->> 755p
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo, MD
    Nice find! Not sure when I'm gonna use it either...but very interesting!

-t
    It is useful when you are in a dark place and the screen is too bright. It can be a pain to keep manually adjusting the brightness via option+P
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    Unfortunately, the next time you press a hard button, it goes back to the former brightness.
    Quote Originally Posted by pureinstinct93
    Unfortunately, the next time you press a hard button, it goes back to the former brightness.
    Mine stays dim.
    Ymeagle

Treo 700p Sprint Favorite apps in order: phone, navigator (tomtomGPS) , NV Backup, Docstogo, Versa, keycaps, minitones, PdaNet, Butler, palmPDF, volcare, AOL im, DA, BOLD MEANS FREE
    I wish this feature (option+menu -- or option+rt shift on 650) would play well with KeyShades or KB LightsOff. It looks like they tried to fix that with the latest version of KeyShades, but it's not working on my 700p. If you want the kb lights off and the screen super dim (set to dimmest level, then press option+menu), good luck. When you press option+dim, the kb lights come back on. I'd love to get this super dim screen with kb lights off...until then, its really hard to surf during an opera without the wife knowing.
    Motorola Startac → Samsung SCH-8500 → SonyEricsson T608 → Treo 650 → Treo 700p
    I am new to the Treo line. This is a handy setting for listening to http://mobile.minixm.com to save some battery and not have the bright screen in your face. It also does not interfear with the playback like dimming the backlight manually.
    Palm Pro > Plam VII > m130 > T3 > T5 > LifeDrive > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > 700w
    Holly crap who knew these Treo thingys were so cool!
    This is nice. Mine stays dim when I press another button. Gets back to my regular set brightness if I hit option and menu again.