Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    When I had my mail checked via IMAP IDLE, I loved the immediacy, but I wasn't pleased with the battery cost. So I switched over to let the mailcheck be triggered by SMS, and that seems to work better for me.

I realize now though that I don't really need to be checking the email account via IMAP anymore; plain ol' POP3 will do. My question is, is there a benefit to sticking with IMAP now? Is one faster than the other on downloading? More features on one or the other?

And how about deleting files off the server after they've been retrieved by the Treo... is one more seamless than the other?

Also, is there a setting for Chatter to auto-delete messages from a server when they are retrieved? Seems like now I have to select all messages, delete (or do the same from the Mailbox Utils menu,) confirm that I want to delete from server too, and then wait for that deletion to sync to the server. I was thinking maybe this would be more seamless with POP (many clients delete from server by default, unless you set prefs otherwise to "leave mail on server.")

Thanks for any feedback.
    IMAP is preferable to POP3 in every way. And in ChatterEmail, there's no way to automatically delete from the server in either protocol.

Marc
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Thanks Marc. I will stick with IMAP.

As far as the auto-delete goes, I'd like to submit that as a feature request for a future version.

Thanks for the quick reply.